AT&T to Release Watson Voice Recognition API in June

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Developers will get a chance to get their hands on a working API of Watson, AT&T’s entry into the voice recognition field coming this June. Watson will initially be divided into seven sections of speech recognition, with each having specific recognition features according to the demands of that application.

The next headline will read "IBM Sues AT&T Over Copyright Infingement"

Disagree.

The next headline will be " AT&T announces they patented speech, you must now pay for each gigabyte of speech you use, and since they now know how much your voice consumes per megabyte, they can accurately bill you for speaking in your home too"

This is AT&T after all. I don't expect it to remain free, or logical, for any period of time.

This is great news and such an achievement could lead to wonderful improvements for human life. Ah who am I kidding, it will most likely just be (ab)used by telemarketers and various other types of spam.

So basically it is the next evolution of Siri...that no one uses after the first few hours of "hur hur, I can talk to my phone hur" wears off.

No thanks, I prefer to not look like a dipshit and yell over everyone by simply trying to use my phone.

Cause developers are going to jump on something that'll only work on AT&T cell phones. Cause you know, everyone has an AT&T service, let alone wants it.

I have an interesting idea, AT&T should work to increase their network bandwidth. Pretty sure this voice feature will use bandwidth regardless. Just like Siri and all the android clones.

Back