Async Compute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah transistor amounts doen't matter much with Async in GPU's cause the control silicon tends to be relatively the same size across the entire line. So if you are capable of doing async compute you already have put the transistors down to do it.

Now if we are talking about dynamic load balancing vs. async shaders there will be some transistors used for those operations, the amount is kinda unknown though. What you will need in silicon is enough register space to unroll the shaders and then predict the scheduling dynamically from that. And this is up to anyone to guess the amount needed but both AMD and nV will have to use close to a similar amount to get similar results.
This is what I enjoy talking about :)

7 pages and still bickering, damn Crosshairs should just lock this thread.

Partly imhotep's fault for continuing to engage. Just slap ignore on them and they can bark at the moon all they want. And we can carry on the conversation without them.

Partly imhotep's fault for continuing to engage. Just slap ignore on them and they can bark at the moon all they want. And we can carry on the conversation without them.
Thanks man. I just don't think I need to be a part of this crap any longer. The rambling in this place is border line insane. Moving on there are more objective places on the net. Im banning myself. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back