ASUS Z97-A bios issues

Ali Man

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering if there was anyone who's been using this motherboard for a while and has associated bios problems from time to time.

I've had this board for a while. It's run great for the time that I've had it, but a couple of weeks ago, there have been times when it freezes in the bios and another restart gets it going.

I used my 4790k which gave display fine from the motherboard but my 5775c doesn't do that (they both work fine on a different board). The VGA_LED lits up and can only display when I use a dGPU. This was regardless of running the latest bios.

Today, even with the dGPU, it wasn't displaying, keeps going back and forth between the CPU_LED and DRAM_LED, while all the fans spin at full speed (Clearing the CMOS had no effect). When it used to run, I really couldn't do much in the UEFI, e.g. can't run XMP, it just does the reboot loop thing, or OC the system. Everything pretty much had to be at default to boot into windows.

When I take out the bios chip, the CPU_LED keeps lit.

So from my understanding, it has to be the bios at fault, or some small hardware part malfunctioning. I ordered a new bios today from ebay, but it'll take a while for it to get to me.

Is there anyone that's had a similar problem with this board?

I have same board and 4790k and mine hangs up in bios from time to time. I'm still using the 2012 bios but have been thinking about updating them because of a few minor issue.

Turns out the bios was corrupt, a new bios booted up everything without a hitch.

Haven't had any issues with the board myself...glad to see you figured out the issue.

Back