ASUS Z77 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

Sounds like your DRAM is incompatible with the automated overclocking routine - chances are the memory timings being applied won't work with the modules you are using. This can happen, not much you can do unless HQ get the exact modules and patch.

-Raja
Are the other issues, like not being able to change the black pci-e slot from auto to 4x or 1x, related to the RAM I am using?

Are the other issues, like not being able to change the black pci-e slot from auto to 4x or 1x, related to the RAM I am using?

Can you give me a list of which devices you have plugged into the board (ports occupied) and also if you are using the Pro board, which QLED code the board gets stuck on when you force the PCIe slot to X1 or X4?

-Raja

Can you give me a list of which devices you have plugged into the board (ports occupied) and also if you are using the Pro board, which QLED code the board gets stuck on when you force the PCIe slot to X1 or X4?

-Raja
When I was troubleshooting the board before I RMA'd it and then when I received this latest one from the RMA dept. (although I'm unsure of why it came to me dented and scratched on the south bridge), I have tried it with nothing connected to the board.

Using the internal gpu, the processor, and a single stick of RAM, no sata drives connected to the board, and only my mechanical keyboard and trackball connected to the kb/mouse usb ports on the back, the board will shut down as soon as I make the change in the BIOS.

When I try to start it the fans turn on and the board turns off immediately. I have to reset the jumpers in order to clear the CMOS before it will post. I don't know which codes the board is getting stuck on. I can try tomorrow night if but I don't actually know how to check the QLED if it won't stay on for longer than a second.

Also, is there a procedure I can contact ASUS so they don't charge my credit card until we fully assess whether the board that was sent to me is fully functional? I have both the original and the RMA board and if I have to send them both in I'd like to send them at the same time so I'm not paying multiple shipping charges but I only have 14 days total from the time the board arrived to me for them to have the old board in hand.

All UEFI/BIOS settings are at optimized defaults, the Intel SATA controller in RAID mode.
Both EVGA GTX 680 FTW+ are exact same model and same VBIOS, an UEFI GOP specific version provided by EVGA support.
The BSOD occurs immediately after enabling SLI in Nvidia Control Panel, I don't even get to start any Game or Application.
I can enable and use SLI perfectly fine if CSM is enabled, played Games for many hours without any problems.
With CSM disabled SLI only works with one blue and one grey PCIe slot together.

I don't understand why using the 2 blue slots requires CSM while using one blue and one grey slot works without CSM.

Here are 2 pics with the cards in blue slots and blue + grey, this is in a Silverstone FT-02 and the first card is still running hot even at max fan speed I can't keep it like that.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z13/Mileena_07/gtx680sli_1.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z13/Mileena_07/gtx680sli.jpg

The Z77 is an awesome board otherwise and I really want to stick with it.

Thanks again for your help and best regards

Okay Milena, HQ set up a test using our UEFI VBIOS on the slots that don't work for you. No issues on our side. Their suggestion is for you to ask EVGA for an updated UEFI driver.

Screenshot:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When I was troubleshooting the board before I RMA'd it and then when I received this latest one from the RMA dept. (although I'm unsure of why it came to me dented and scratched on the south bridge), I have tried it with nothing connected to the board.

Using the internal gpu, the processor, and a single stick of RAM, no sata drives connected to the board, and only my mechanical keyboard and trackball connected to the kb/mouse usb ports on the back, the board will shut down as soon as I make the change in the BIOS.

When I try to start it the fans turn on and the board turns off immediately. I have to reset the jumpers in order to clear the CMOS before it will post. I don't know which codes the board is getting stuck on. I can try tomorrow night if but I don't actually know how to check the QLED if it won't stay on for longer than a second.

Also, is there a procedure I can contact ASUS so they don't charge my credit card until we fully assess whether the board that was sent to me is fully functional? I have both the original and the RMA board and if I have to send them both in I'd like to send them at the same time so I'm not paying multiple shipping charges but I only have 14 days total from the time the board arrived to me for them to have the old board in hand.

I will report back to HQ for replication.

WRT to the RMA, I have no idea as I don't work for the RMA dept. You might want to contact Cl-Scott on that.

-Raja

Last edited:

Hey, I tried again, this time went onto dev man and right click disabled the ATAPI IDE ASM Controller, got back into bios and set PCIe _3 to 1X - NO problem!! Straight to Win 7
Reset to 4X in bios - NO problem!!! Straight to Win 7
And guess what - after boot the WHOLE ASM entry in dev man was gone.
(It will come back when I turn it on in bios)
So thats the solution.
I'm glad you were so persistent, I'm gonna be buying some of those new PCIe SSD drives, this might save me a lot of grief.
BTW - you owe me big time.

Okay Milena, HQ set up a test using our UEFI VBIOS on the slots that don't work for you. No issues on our side. Their suggestion is for you to ask EVGA for an updated UEFI driver.

Many thanks again Raja :)

I contacted EVGA and wait for their response. I guess we can rule out a driver problem or motherboard issue since its working for your team with ASUS cards.

Hey, I tried again, this time went onto dev man and right click disabled the ATAPI IDE ASM Controller, got back into bios and set PCIe _3 to 1X - NO problem!! Straight to Win 7
Reset to 4X in bios - NO problem!!! Straight to Win 7
And guess what - after boot the WHOLE ASM entry in dev man was gone.
(It will come back when I turn it on in bios)
So thats the solution.
I'm glad you were so persistent, I'm gonna be buying some of those new PCIe SSD drives, this might save me a lot of grief.
BTW - you owe me big time.
Thank you for testing that out more extensively. Something is definitely awry then because I don't have the ASM controller installed. In fact, it's disabled in BIOS.

The whole thing that started this was the fact that I had two drives on that controller and whenever I refreshed my windows 8 build it would designate my boot drive as letter F or anything way down from C and the second drive as something else and I couldn't repair it or get it booting again without reinstalling or moving the drives over the grey or navy ports...so that's what I did.

I've been trying to troubleshoot these strange issues for over a month now.

@mope54

oh..........Win 8
What does "refreshed my Win 8 build" mean?
What bios are you running?
What exact HDD/SSD are we talking about here?
You are saying they now work fine on Intel ports?
In order for your install on ASM ports they have to have controller enabled and oprom enabled in BIOS and ASM drivers loaded and force bios on boot page/not keep current
Did you do all that?
Do NOT use any drivers from ASUS CD
http://www.overclock.net/t/1248928/...vers-bioses-overclocking-reviews-updated-1-14
According to this, those ports are data only
http://i.imgur.com/LNLAu.jpg

But here they say latest 1.3.8.000 for Win 7 Win 8
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/asmedia.htm
Note 1.3.1.000 and lower is Win 7 only
http://i.imgur.com/uyUc9.jpg

What exactly do you want anyway?
What is your desired config?
You have 2 PCIe 1X slots

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have the P8Z77-V Deluxe, and after upgrading to BIOS 1015 the blue Bluetooth LED stays on even if I disable Bluetooth in the BIOS.

I think the new BIOS caused the issue because when I was on 0906 I also had Bluetooth disabled and the LED was off.

Did someone else encounter the same problem?

Thanks.

yes I have the same problem on my P8P67 Deluxe with the latest bios.
is there someone who solved the problem?

I have a Sabertooth mobo and had a hard time flashing the BIOS this weekend. I went into the UEFI to do the update with the renamed file on a USB stick and got a message about Security Validation. I was eventually able to flash back to the original BIOS file that came on the CDROM and was then able to flash to the newest BIOS.

Could a corrected bad flash still cause problems? I am getting artifacts in my GTX 660 SLi set up right now and I am unsure if it is related to the BIOS flash. I get these artifacts in Uninge Heaven Benchmark and in FC3. The rest of the mobo seems to be ok. I ran Prime 95 for 4 hours yesterday and I did not get any errors. The only other weird thing that happened was that after a clean install of W7, I had to delete an AsusProfile in the Task Scheduler after the intsall.

@Raja,

Can you explain why since the very first BIOS and up to the most recent 1805, on my Sabertooth Z77 I do not have options VRM Spread Spectrum and VCCIO Voltage.

Yet, I see other people in screenshots who have these available to them.

@Raja,

Can you explain why since the very first BIOS and up to the most recent 1805, on my Sabertooth Z77 I do not have options VRM Spread Spectrum and VCCIO Voltage.

Yet, I see other people in screenshots who have these available to them.

1) VCCIO is derived from VCCSA on the Sabertooth. It is offset so as you change VCCSA you change VCCIO, too.

2) VRM spread spectrum is only available with stock CPU frequency and will also disappear if CPU Power Phase Control is set to Extreme. The modulation is not suitable for overclocking stability.

-Raja

Hey all, I just got my P8Z77 mobo and am trying to overclock my i5-2500k on it. I followed the guide to the letter found here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110 but for whatever reason my CPU does not want to go over 42 multi even though when I went back in the BIOS I found it to be correctly set at 48 multi, any ideas?

capturerlrh.png

Thanks,

Riznarf

@Riznarf

You have posted a question with no pertinent related info.
WHAT Z77 mobo?
WHAT BIOS?
WHAT EXACT RAM?

However you did get lucky by posting a CPUID main page.
Your VCore is way too high 1.424
That tells me you are using the 1805 bios which is the worst bios ever offered by ASUS for Z77 mobo.
Screwey settings, settings that dont stick, settings that change even tho you did nothing. On my Z77 V Pro, I was getting 1.448V under load with spikes to 1.484 (3570K or 3770K) in offset mode/defaults with a modest 4.4GHz O/C. If I tried to offset voltages with ANY number,. I got nonstop BSOD's. So had to go to 1.280 VCore manual set. LLC high, PLL overclock enabled, and now get 1.286 in Windows IDLE and 1.272 LOAD (.014 droop). Prob could go lower, but thats good enough.

So heres the scoop
1504 bios - golden
1616 bios - good (acceptable)
1708 bios - some probs (espec the Q-Fan errors)
1805 bios - 1708 bios probs plus more of its own:
ErP cant be enabled under ceratin settings
Intel VGA cant be initialized
Certain CSM settings eliminates SLI
Intel HDMI port doesnt work
Intel IGPU doesnt stick as "on" with Win 8 (cmos clear ea time)
Realtemp running in conflict
And the crazy overclocks settings that can wreck your CPU (1.5V)
For example:
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...1&model=P8Z77-V+DELUXE&SLanguage=en-us&page=2
I just had a similar problem. After upgrading to 1805 I decided to push my overclocks just for fun. Normally I use around 4.4Ghz/1600Mhz memory and the system can handle it with almost stock settings.

After pushing the system to 4.6Ghz/1866Mhz+ the computer crashed so I rebooted to load bios defaults. Now back in windows AIDA64 and CPUz still shows the overclocked settings. I go back into bios(UEFI) and bios is showing default settings. Also the voltages were climbing crazy high (1.5v) even though bios was on default settings.

The UEFI was corrupted somehow, and setttings were changing by themselves. Loading bios defaults did nothing. Eventually I fixed it with a hard reset, turning the computer off, disconnecting the power and clearing cmos for several seconds.

If it happens you need to disconnect the power and clear cmos to fix it. It seems something gets corrupted when you push the overclocks too high and the UEFI settings go weird. I dont have AIsuite installed by the way.

hi all,
having just bought a P8Z77-M Pro motherboard, I proceeded to install the RAM (4 sticks of Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9) and CPU (i5-3750K). It didn't boot, so I tried to clear the CMOS and it booted.
I was able to browse the BIOS and it restarted normally.
However, if I shut it down, it cannot boot again without clearing the CMOS once more.
Updated the BIOS to the latest version (1806 or thereabouts), but nothing changed.

Tried to boot with only one ram stick, used a different PSU, but it didn't work.

From what I've seen from an online search, this seems to be a fairly common problem with Asus boards, and some have solved it by simply returning the motherboard and buying one from a different brand. Is this the only solution, or could this one be salvaged without having to RMA it?

cheers,
gaius

@Riznarf

You have posted a question with no pertinent related info.
WHAT Z77 mobo?
WHAT BIOS?
WHAT EXACT RAM?

However you did get lucky by posting a CPUID main page.
Your VCore is way too high 1.424
That tells me you are using the 1805 bios which is the worst bios ever offered by ASUS for Z77 mobo.
Screwey settings, settings that dont stick, settings that change even tho you did nothing. On my Z77 V Pro, I was getting 1.448V under load with spikes to 1.484 (3570K or 3770K) in offset mode/defaults with a modest 4.4GHz O/C. If I tried to offset voltages with ANY number,. I got nonstop BSOD's. So had to go to 1.280 VCore manual set. LLC high, PLL overclock enabled, and now get 1.286 in Windows IDLE and 1.272 LOAD (.014 droop). Prob could go lower, but thats good enough.

So heres the scoop
1504 bios - golden
1616 bios - good (acceptable)
1708 bios - some probs (espec the Q-Fan errors)
1805 bios - 1708 bios probs plus more of its own:
ErP cant be enabled under ceratin settings
Intel VGA cant be initialized
Certain CSM settings eliminates SLI
Intel HDMI port doesnt work
Intel IGPU doesnt stick as "on" with Win 8 (cmos clear ea time)
Realtemp running in conflict
And the crazy overclocks settings that can wreck your CPU (1.5V)
For example:
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...1&model=P8Z77-V+DELUXE&SLanguage=en-us&page=2

Thx for the info, sorry for the stupidity, I'm still a newbie at this...

My mobo is a h8z77-v lx2, my BIOS version is 0501 and I checked on the ASUS website only to find 1502, couldn't find 1504...should I just flash to that then? Any my RAM is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231402

Thanks again for any input!

Riznarf

I have a P8Z77-V Pro with a 3770K and after upgrading to 1805 I haven't had any issues. OC is 4.5GHz with an offset of -0.005, LLC High, gives 1.272V at load with no spikes or any other problems (so far, touch wood!), hopefully it stays that way!

Thx for the info, sorry for the stupidity, I'm still a newbie at this...

My mobo is a h8z77-v lx2, my BIOS version is 0501 and I checked on the ASUS website only to find 1502, couldn't find 1504...should I just flash to that then? Any my RAM is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231402

Thanks again for any input!

Riznarf

Meh, I knew i shouldnt have answered with no info - I guessed wrong
Thats a whole dif story
Yeah - update bios to latest

One of the probs with these boards is that using XMP profile for RAM (Extended mem profile) is virtually a necessity, since it auto sets many bios parameters when used as an option. But 1333 RAM has no XMP because XMP starts at 1600. So the first thing you should do is replace current RAM with DDR3 1600 1.5V 9-9-9-24 2T RAM ONLY, and immediately set XMP in bios AI Tweak/AI Overclock. XMP use shuts off (Intel) Turbo mode and sets BCLK to 100.0

Edit: What PSU and Heatsink?

Meh, I knew i shouldnt have answered with no info - I guessed wrong
Thats a whole dif story
Yeah - update bios to latest

One of the probs with these boards is that using XMP profile for RAM (Extended mem profile) is virtually a necessity, since it auto sets many bios parameters when used as an option. But 1333 RAM has no XMP because XMP starts at 1600. So the first thing you should do is replace current RAM with DDR3 1600 1.5V 9-9-9-24 2T RAM ONLY, and immediately set XMP in bios AI Tweak/AI Overclock. XMP use shuts off (Intel) Turbo mode and sets BCLK to 100.0

Edit: What PSU and Heatsink?

OK cool, thats what I figured, I upgraded BIOS and am currently running stable @ 4.7ghz (47x100) at 1.385v I'm quite happy with this, but I'm going to see if I can push it to 4.8+. My PSU is a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139011 and my HS/F is a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118119

I think I'm probably good for now on the OC, I'll get 1600 RAM eventually, but think my next purchase will be a GPU hs/f.

Regarding the CPU oc though, is it recommended to hold at 48 multi and then up the BLCK?

Thanks again!

I have a P8Z77-V Pro with a 3770K and after upgrading to 1805 I haven't had any issues. OC is 4.5GHz with an offset of -0.005, LLC High, gives 1.272V at load with no spikes or any other problems (so far, touch wood!), hopefully it stays that way!

Thank you for adding your contrary positive input on 1805
Thats very interesting, and are the voltages i would expect for 4.5. So that immediately brings up possible corrupted flash for some of us.
I went from 1616 to 1805, skipping 1708 because of some other peoples bad experiences.
When I flashed 1616 I just put bios cap file not renamed on my HDD in a folder - ntfs format and it flashed 100% succesful and worked as expected.
When i went to 1805 and tried the same method it would not flash. This is the thing that drives me crazy about ASUS. They get the feedback from forums about issues, change thing to try and fix them but NEVER ONE WORD about what they have done and why. How is it even possible that 1616 will flash in NTFS and not 1805???

So, totally aggravated, I merely renamed the extracted bios to 1805.cap and put it on FAT32 USB stick, Intel USB 2.0 port and flashed 100% to "successful". Then after flash it just sat there - black screen. And I know ASUS, so I waited for the F1 enter setup notice. After about 20 seconds it finally came up. Rather scary - never seen that before. Flashing a bios aint supposed to be rocket science, right?

I guess the right thing to do is reflash the bios from USB - not renaming it. Or use the CodeRush modded FTK method. However I might note that many others had my same experience, and i assume some of them did a NON renamed flash from USB.

My question then Camberwell, is how EXACTLY did you flash the 1805
What USB port?
What USB stick? (Size? USB 3.0 or 2.0?)
USB legacy USB 2.0, 3.0 enabled disabled?
Renamed bios yes or no? Z77VP.cap?
EZ Flash 2? AI Suite? Backflash?
Did you download the image from product support page?

@riznarf

looks like latest bios fixed your high voltage issues, or at least the flashing itself may have corrected something corrupted. 1.385 @ 4.7 is very acceptable

never use BCLK to "Overclock", thats not what its there for
If you set CPU spread spectrum enabled, it will vary from 100.3 to 103.0
Its not supposed to be stuck at 103

Just for giggles, I upped the multi to 47 on my V Pro Z77 3570K.
Using manual mode tried set CPU V @1.32 - nope - Catalyst Control Center couldnt get far enough to initialize
1.34V - nope - next in line Bitdefender AV errored before open
1.36V - seemed to work fine, ran 32MB superpi, but Firefox 18.1 was a little shakey at startup. May need another .010 - .020 or so on Volts
1.36 set in bios = 1.368 in Windows, 1.352 under load.
LLC at high - ultra high seems to cause issues, for some reason.
CPU Current at 110-120% also appears helpful
Temps always seem low for an Ivy Bridge at 4.5-4.7GHz

lTcFTTF.jpg

Heres a pic of CPUID after flash using offset mode as is - defaults for 44X multi
As I mentioned 1.448 idle, spiking to 1.484
I am not sure if this is bios 1805 overvolting in offset mode, or CPUID misreading from new bios
But others have reported similarly. Never had this issue with 1616 or 1504. Was a bit shocked when I first saw it - lol. Thats CPU voltage doing damage time.
Guess I'll have to test again after FTK flash

4Q55Gid.jpg

Edit:
Please dont waste bandwidth by quoting this post
This forum badly needs auto image reduction feature

Last edited:
1) VCCIO is derived from VCCSA on the Sabertooth. It is offset so as you change VCCSA you change VCCIO, too.

-Raja

What makes this hard is that on these boards we only have VCCSA in BIOS but if you look at any program (AIDA64 or HWInfo64) it shows VCCIO - there is no VCCSA on those programs (I can't find a program which shows this).

What makes it hard is that I've raised VCCSA in BIOS a fair amount (0.925v to 1.0v+) yet the programs show VCCSIO only went up by 0.03v.

My RAM sets VCCIO to 1.05v automagically (or it's stock) so obviously VCCSA / VCCIO is not 1:1?

BTW: also another question asked few times but I've never seen an answer, hopefully you could ask around and advise. In the BIOS there are 'hidden' values, hidden as in you cannot see them in loaded BIOS. One of the interesting ones (to me) is the SATA value which appears to have 2 possible settings: HDD and SSD. Running SSDs I'd love to change those ports to SSD but as mentioned, you can't. Do you happen to know what this does?

Last edited:
My question then Camberwell, is how EXACTLY did you flash the 1805
What USB port?
What USB stick? (Size? USB 3.0 or 2.0?)
USB legacy USB 2.0, 3.0 enabled disabled?
Renamed bios yes or no? Z77VP.cap?
EZ Flash 2? AI Suite? Backflash?
Did you download the image from product support page?

Hi ciscoguy, I updated from 1206 where I had issues entering the bios with my usb keyboard, although I was able to set up my overclock with the settings I had fine tuned with 1015, and it is those same settings I use now with 1805.

I used the rear USB 2.0 port that is marked for keyboard use.
I used an Adata S102 Pro 16Gb 3.0 stick, FAT32.
USB Legacy 2.0 & 3.0 were Enabled (I didn't change any of those settings in any bios version so I assume that's default?).
I did not rename the bios file, which I got from the Asus downloads section. I downloaded to my HDD and then extracted it to the USB stick.
I used EZ Flash 2 from within UEFI (I have never installed AI Suite).

After the update the bios settings had returned to default, so I just re-entered the settings I had already been using in previous bios versions and it seems to be working fine.

I hope this helps, and if there are any other details you need just let me know.....

@Camberwell

Thnx for full reply to my questions
Nothing special in your answers to indicate better success chances one way or another
And yes USB 2-3 legacy enabled is default.
Did forget one question - what was your running overclock at the time of 1206 and did you reset to bios defaults BEFORE FLASH?

@Camberwell

Thnx for full reply to my questions
Nothing special in your answers to indicate better success chances one way or another
And yes USB 2-3 legacy enabled is default.
Did forget one question - what was your running overclock at the time of 1206 and did you reset to bios defaults BEFORE FLASH?

No problem. I was running the same oc I have now (4.5GHz). I had meant to reset to bios defaults before flashing, but I forgot!!

What makes this hard is that on these boards we only have VCCSA in BIOS but if you look at any program (AIDA64 or HWInfo64) it shows VCCIO - there is no VCCSA on those programs (I can't find a program which shows this).

What makes it hard is that I've raised VCCSA in BIOS a fair amount (0.925v to 1.0v+) yet the programs show VCCSIO only went up by 0.03v.

My RAM sets VCCIO to 1.05v automagically (or it's stock) so obviously VCCSA / VCCIO is not 1:1?

BTW: also another question asked few times but I've never seen an answer, hopefully you could ask around and advise. In the BIOS there are 'hidden' values, hidden as in you cannot see them in loaded BIOS. One of the interesting ones (to me) is the SATA value which appears to have 2 possible settings: HDD and SSD. Running SSDs I'd love to change those ports to SSD but as mentioned, you can't. Do you happen to know what this does?

Don't rely on those programs to report the values. I have been told the offset is static and maintains the delta between the two rails. Its around 0.1v I think - whatever the stock voltage delta is. There's nothing more to that.

The setting you refer to for sata is ineffective I asked about this once before and it was really trivial. So there's nothing we are hiding that's of any use. Curiously someone asked these exact two questions on rog forums a while ago...lol Either way, nothing special going on.

Last edited:
Hi!
I've searched the forum but couldn't find the answer to this.
I posted this in another thread but I figured that I should post in the right place so, here goes:
(Sabertooth Z77, i7 3770k)

I'm trying to get raid 0 for 2x2TB drives.

Brown 6gb/s port = 1 SSD OS drive
Black 3gb/s ports = 2x2TB drives

The thing is that Windows 7 64bit is installed on the SSD in AHCI mode. When I change the setting in BIOS
to RAID mode, I can set the drives to RAID 0, BUT windows won't start. It reboots repeatedly.
When I change back to AHCI mode, Windows starts normally, but the RAID setup fails.

Only thing I can think of is that BIOS needs to be in RAID mode BEFORE I install the OS?
I thought someone could maybe confirm this before I start to mess around with it.
EDIT: Oh and I'm running the drives in RAID 0 through windows disk manager...but I feel that I shouldn't have to.

thanks

Yep RAID - AHCI is not a toggle
You should always start with the mode you wish
Since the RST install drivers as of Jan 2011 have both RAID and AHCI and there are no separate drivers folders for ea anymore, there is no reason to ever install as AHCI.
If you install as RAID, non RAIDed drives will run as AHCI and RAIDed drives will run as RAID.

While I dont like to do it, one can boot into HDD as AHCI, reset 6 registry entries and 2 optionals (if there) to RAID config and then boot to bios and change to RAID and it should then boot.

And you should setup RAID with CNTRL-I ("eye") during boot
To do this you need 2 free unpartitioned drives
Force bios set on boot page
RAID set on Intel SATA page

mJO2SXc.jpg

Hello all,
I have a quite strange issue with my newly assembled computer. Let me get straight to the point.

When setting the manual VCORE voltage the actual voltage always comes out 0.5V higher than what I set, please see screenshots below for my BIOS settings. I've tried every combination of settings I could think of and also read through every SB OC guide I could find, Z77 and Z68 alike. Nothings seems to help or at least explain this behaiviour, nor could I find anyone with a similar problem.

My first bet was LLC, but even when off I get, say, 1.328V instead of 1.3V that I set. With LLC off (=regular) the system becomes unstable, too.

Hopefully someone can help, so thanks in advance!

Screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/j4H1RLH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JeDSMAU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ro6uTil.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/winzF29.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Qwyg76d.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/o3A1pCm.jpg

PS: not sure if this has anything to do with it, but CPU-Z doesn't show the multiplier drop to x16 that I would expect with the given settings, and that is shown by Asus Probe II. So there's that, as well...

http://i.imgur.com/CJVF0Bm.jpg

@superuser85

I see coupla things right off the bat
You need to set 45 as multi in CPU power management (not auto), then hit enter, then go to another entry to make sure the entry turned into black letters
LLC should be min "high"
Fwiw no two CPU use the same VCore at certain multi, some need high numbers - some can use low numbers
With high LLC set you should get about .014-18 droop under load
Using manual mode Vcore, the voltage does not drop to a low voltage point @ 1600 basic declock, that only happens with offset mode.
1805 bios kinda has a mind of its own, and you can set it to anything you wish, but it will try to set a workable voltage after you boot and fail. You have to set a Vcore thats DOABLE for your CPU!. If you set at 1.280V for example - it aint gonna happen at 4.5GHz - you will get BSOD if voltage way off or Win 7 wont fully load if voltage is close to functional. Some posters have reported you may have to clear cmos to "unstick" O/C settings. Similarly, DIGI Power may up Vcurrent to 130% or higher on its own to make things happen, so you might want to keep an eye on that.
The only thing that changes in manual mode is the droop under load
Looks like you may be using 1805 bios, note your bios shows 1.348 for your current settings as a target, and CPUID shows in Windows 1.352 which aint bad for 45X. Win 7 is always .006-.008 higher than bios.

Further complicating this is you have installed AI Suite
Did you install just probe or other stuff?

As far as declocking, thats a Win 7 function, not the bios
You have to set in Win 7/power/balanced/advanced, something like processor min 2% and max 100% (and reboot)
Note that when loading Win 7, CPU is under load until system is finished booting fully (no declock)
Prior to power setting options reconfig, I usually first set CIE disabled/C3 C6 EIST enabled in bios, but I dont sleep anything. While I havent seen what you have done along the way here, looks like 1.350V is your 45X best shot, maybe 1.355

Need to see a screenshot of main bios page to see bios and ME loaded, also in dev manager, what driver for Intel MEI in system devices screenshot?

And remember current Z77 bios are really for Ivy Bridge CPU not Sandy Bridge

A few posts up, I discuss my experience with setting 47X multi with 1805 bios. If you wish a more "normal" experience with overclocking, you will have to backflash bios to 1616 or even better - the 1504.

All 50 tests do not pass on anything but Q series. So you can believe that if you want. You can enable it, but it does not mean it works in every test ;)

Update on Z77 from HQ, all tests will not pass so we will not claiming support like other vendors. You can obtain Intels Vt-D verification tool and test for yourselves

[replying to a post from May]

Raja - do you have a link to the VT-d verification tool you mention? I fail to find it in Intel's download center...

Thanks
Mike

Back