Asus Xonar DX alignment problem

courtney01

Gawd
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
619
I'm installing the card, but when it's fit into the pci-e slot, the bracket part doesn't line up flat against the back opening. The bracket's angled so that when I try to straighten it against the back opening, a little bit of the pci-e goldfingers come out of the slot. Is this a defect?
 
Is there a 90 degree angle between the PCB and the card bracket? Make sure you have the card bracket going into the little gap between the mobo tray and the expansion card slots.
 
Is there a 90 degree angle between the PCB and the card bracket? Make sure you have the card bracket going into the little gap between the mobo tray and the expansion card slots.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The angle between the bracket's plane and the pcb's plane is perpendicular. What I'm referring to is the angle between the bracket's plane and the case rear expansion slot's plane plane. There shouln't be an angle there, but there is. If you're looking from the top (so that you're looking at the flat face of the sound card), with the rear expansion slot on the left, then it looks like

|\

where the vertical line is the case, and the angled line is the bracket. But if I line the bracket up to the expansion slot so that it looks like

||

then the rest of the card gets pulled out of the slot so that some of the pci-e goldfingers are visible.

I tried installing this in a different computer and it fits fine. When you open up the side panel on this computer, the rear is on the right, but if you open up the side panel on my computer, the rear is on the left. Could this be why?
 
Almost sounds like a defect in your case... or the other case you installed it into. Do the rest of your pci-e/pci cards fit fine? This is odd I have run into this problem once with a defective OLD ati vid card. However it didnt fit into any case i tried. If you just bought the card i would return it for a new one and see if that fits better. If not deduction kind of rules it down to your case which means your SOL. ;)
 
Almost sounds like a defect in your case... or the other case you installed it into. Do the rest of your pci-e/pci cards fit fine? This is odd I have run into this problem once with a defective OLD ati vid card. However it didnt fit into any case i tried. If you just bought the card i would return it for a new one and see if that fits better. If not deduction kind of rules it down to your case which means your SOL. ;)

Yea a graphic card fit fine in the pci-e x16 with the case. I have 3 pci-e x1 slots and one of them doesn't have as bad as a problem as the other 2, but unfortunately I won't be able to use this one because the gpu is going to cover that slot. I just screwed the bracket in flat with the case so that the goldfingers aren't completely in, and the computer seems to run ok. Or at least I don't know what audio functionalities could be missing by doing this. What happens if it's not all the way in the slot? Is that bad? About 1mm of the goldfingers are showing.
 
It sounds like your MB may be warped.

If you have all the stand-offs installed correctly, there's nothing else I can think of to help ya out.

I would probably clean the contacts well and use some of that DeoxIT junk to make sure the surface has the best possible connection.
 
It sounds like your MB may be warped.

If you have all the stand-offs installed correctly, there's nothing else I can think of to help ya out.

I would probably clean the contacts well and use some of that DeoxIT junk to make sure the surface has the best possible connection.

That's interesting because my stock intel HSF does warp my motherboard, but I assumed if I screwed the motherboard down it should straighten out. I don't know how I could screw up screwing in the standoffs. I did reinstall them for good measure though but it's still not aligned properly.
 
Back
Top