Asus X670E-A-F-E Gaming. Cap quality?

Despotes

Gawd
Nothing is mentioned except, "Durable capacitors" on these variations of this mobo. Anybody know if Asus is using Nichicon caps like they mention in the Hero model? I'd rather not have a mobo that has less than stellar caps. "Durable" sounds cheap.
The Asrock Taichi and Steel Legend use 12K Nichicon caps. The Taichi and Steel Legend appear to be better spec'd. Overall quality?

Last edited:
Nothing is mentioned except, "Durable capacitors" on these variations of this mobo. Anybody know if Asus is using Nichicon caps like they mention in the Hero model? I'd rather not have a mobo that has less than stellar caps. "Durable" sounds cheap.
The Asrock Taichi and Steel Legend use 12K Nichicon caps. The Taichi and Steel Legend appear to be better spec'd. Overall quality?
Personally I don't know off the top of my head. However, if the board is an AMD 670E it's generally not cheap. Even the lowest end versions of these boards use quality components. Might not be Japanese Caps, but they will be good enough to the rated power delivery the boards provide.

You're referring to the STRIX boards. They're not shit. Those are a step above even their TUF line, so should be fine for damn near anything. Looks like the CPU also takes two 8 Pin PCI-E connectors.

I just heard an Asus rep say the "E" version has 5k rated caps as opposed to the Crosshair that has 10K rated caps. Still disappointing for what you pay.

I just heard an Asus rep say the "E" version has 5k rated caps as opposed to the Crosshair that has 10K rated caps. Still disappointing for what you pay.
So maybe when I get my next motherboard I will get a Crosshair. I'll wait 6 or 7 years, instead of the normal 2-3-4, to justify the extra spend. :ROFLMAO:

So maybe when I get my next motherboard I will get a Crosshair. I'll wait 6 or 7 years, instead of the normal 2-3-4, to justify the extra spend. :ROFLMAO:
I don't have money to throw away like most kids seem to think they do as they upgrade their phones every year attempting to satisfy that never ending lust.. Quality and longevity shouldn't be a dramatically more expensive experience especially when competitors seemingly have better components for the same price or better. Someday you'll understand, or not.

I don't have money to throw away like most kids seem to think they do as they upgrade their phones every year attempting to satisfy that never ending lust.. Quality and longevity shouldn't be a dramatically more expensive experience especially when competitors seemingly have better components for the same price or better. Someday you'll understand, or not.
philb2 was basically agreeing with you.

Back