ASUS VW266H 25.5" 1920x1200, 2ms LCD Monitor - $249.99 shipped ar

Dylan80

[H]ard|Gawd
Edit: Now its on sale for even lower, $239 shipped

Flat-out awesome 16:10 LCD for the price (also comes with a better-than-normal 3yr PANEL warranty, major +) My friend has the similar model in 24" and it's VERY sweet

ASUS VW266H 25.5" 2ms 1920x1200 LCD monitor is now $249.99 shipped

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rds=B001LYPNFQ&url=search-alias%3Delectronics

Screen Size: 25.5"
Recommended Resolution: 1920 x 1200 <<--- (bigger than the normal 1920x1080, its 16:10, and not your typical 16:9)
Viewing Angle: 170°(H) / 160°(V)
Pixel Pitch: 0.287mm
Display Colors: 16.71 Million
Brightness: 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1)
Response Time: 2ms(GTG) <<-- lowest ms for gaming, fast action sports, etc
Panel: TN
Display Type: WUXGA
D-Sub: 1
DVI: 1
Video: Component
HDMI: 1

* 25.5-Inch Wide (16:10)
* 2 ms (GTG) Response Time
* HDMI/24-Pin DVI-D/15-Pin D-Sub/Component/SPDIF Audio Out
* 3W x 2 stereo, RMS
* 20000:1 Smart Contrast Ratio
DCDi (Directional Correlation De-interlacing) Technology up-scales and enhances low-resolution input
ASUS 3 Years LCD Monitor Warranty + 3 Years Panel Warranty <<<--- major plus

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rds=B001LYPNFQ&url=search-alias%3Delectronics

Here's a $30 rebate on this LCD:
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/11/87/98/46/1187984690._V193293213_.pdf

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I own this monitor. Paid $240AR. There really aren't many 1920x1200 TN panels on the market. This one has performed admirable, but it takes a few hours of color tweaking to get the panel looking even remotely accurate (mine came tinted green).

I've been waiting for them to drop to around $200 so I can go eyefinity :)

I have one, too, but it died horribly after a year and a half. RMA process was a huge pain in the ass, but I bought it from Newegg. Amazon's customer service is way better. Newegg said Asus would take care of it. Asus said Newegg would take care of it. Took three weeks just to get an RMA set up.

Good deal from an awesome retailer.

I RMA'd my motherboard directly to Asus and had no probs at all a few years back.... when you bought it a while back did it have this new 3 year + 3 year Panel warranty setup like this one has? I never noticed an extra panel warranty from anybody else. and I hate dead pixels. (have one dead pixel now on this viewsonic!)

Yeah. It was under warranty. It was just a pain in the ass getting one of them to take responsibility.

I own and have used this LCD for quite a while and it was well worth the $300+ I paid for it.

Most definitely worth $250/shipped.

ASUS 23" 1920x1080 $140 AMIR: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=349497

They all suck, as far as I am concerned. TN+Film is ruining the market. Hopefully they will finally cheap enough that people will start looking at quality IPS panels again.

Had an ASUS laptop and whoever their panel supplier is, it had about 10* of vertical viewing area and was painfully fuzzy. Likely they use the same panel supplier for their desktop monitors as well.

Picked up 3 of these last year w/ rebate and bcb for 210 each. Great cheap monitor.

This is the monitor that I use. Good for gaming, but absolutely horrendous viewing angles. You literally move your head up or down a millimeter and the image changes.

. TN+Film is ruining the market. Hopefully they will finally cheap enough that people will start looking at quality IPS panels again.

Had an ASUS laptop and whoever their panel supplier is, it had about 10* of vertical viewing area and was painfully fuzzy. Likely they use the same panel supplier for their desktop monitors as well.

For being such a "monitor expert" you posted a much smaller, and even a 1920x1080 monitor...... durpee durrrrp. Use your knowledge and quit TCing with that nonsense about IPS panels.

This monitor looks just as good as an IPS in most instances (except maybe photoshop color editing, where the IPS panels are only better at. Plus the cheaper IPS-panels response times usually suck ass BAD. This has an uber low 2ms response most people need, looks superb obviously as many people review (even tech sites) and to end, most people set down and sit still when looking at the monitor so your viewing angle argument is nonsense and doesn't apply for the majority to even care about.

I have two of them and they are great for gaming and watching movies

I don't do any heavy photo editing or stuff that IPS is better for but for a large (1920x1200) Gaming/Browsing/General Computer use monitor you can't beat them

I've got this monitor, it's great. If I had the money I'd consider getting another, definitely.

Best TN monitors you can get for around this price, period.

The horizontal viewing angles are pretty amazing for TN panels too.

Got the VK266H. basicly, its a VW266H with a attached web cam. I love it. best monitor i've ever had. got it on ebay for 150 shipped.

funny how this thread turned into a crapshoot... you aren't paying IPS prices so what the hell is the problem

I've been using this monitor for a while now. I bought the original one like two years ago (maybe more) for $360 and was happy at that price. I got a second one a year ago for $275 and was still satisfied. I will be ordering a third someday for eyefinity, I just cant afford the mount and new PSU and GPU to drive it.

funny how this thread turned into a crapshoot... you aren't paying IPS prices so what the hell is the problem

Crapshoot means "gamble."

But yeah, there are always a few elites who can't refrain from pointing out how superior they are for owning IPS.

I own the best IPS monitors myself, fine. It's not that fucking much of an improvement over TN if you are just using it for regular shit.

crapshoot Informal . anything unpredictable, risky, or problematical (dictionary.com)

So, you may generalize and equate the meaning to this thread.

This argument was valid 4-5 years ago. TN panels today really aren't that bad anymore, unless you have self-prescribed super-vision and can notice imaginary flaws that are, in fact, a product of placebo.

IPS'rs try to justify to themselves why they spent, literally, twice as much for a monitor. You could buy two of these TN's for the same cost of a typical IPS screen... maybe even three! I work in CAD/GIS and have done Graphic design before. The difference, although it is noticeable to a small degree for some people with good eyes, it just isn't justifiable to most people. These panels have improved sooo much these last few years it's barely an argument anymore. I'd love to see a "tasters choice" comparisant at some CES type show, with several TN & IPS monitors, all properly calibrated and partially hidden behind a panel, so all you can see is the screen itself, and not be able to judge by anything else but the image it produces and just see how many people actually choose the IPS panels.

Are there any TN monitors with higher resolutions like 2560 x 1600 or 2560 x 1440? I've only found IPS monitors at those resolutions.

IPS'rs try to justify to themselves why they spent, literally, twice as much for a monitor. You could buy two of these TN's for the same cost of a typical IPS screen... maybe even three! I work in CAD/GIS and have done Graphic design before. The difference, although it is noticeable to a small degree for some people with good eyes, it just isn't justifiable to most people. These panels have improved sooo much these last few years it's barely an argument anymore. I'd love to see a "tasters choice" comparisant at some CES type show, with several TN & IPS monitors, all properly calibrated and partially hidden behind a panel, so all you can see is the screen itself, and not be able to judge by anything else but the image it produces and just see how many people actually choose the IPS panels.

Yep, I totally agree..... 100% on that post. This monitor clearly rocks (Asus has even won awards on tech sites) + as pointed out by many people here whom own it and are looking at it while viewing this exact post, even. :p

I been wanting a new monitor. I have a 1680x150 20" monitor now and was tempted to jump on a 23 or 24" 1920x1080, but wondering if I should jump on a 1920x1200 monitor instead. I should have bought this earlier in the month when it was around $230+- on Newegg I believe.

Back in Oct/Nov of 2009, I bought this exact same monitor from newegg for about ~$10 more than this current price. My plan was to buy one, then when the price gets to $200 or less, pick up another pair for TripleHead/Eyefinity/etc. Since then, I've seen it drop to a $230-250 (w/ tax/sh) selling price on at least 6 occasions. While Amazon's price isn't bad by any means, I'm somewhat surprised that we aren't seeing these Asus monitors hitting sale prices closer to $200 than $250. These monitors are nearly 2 years old but the price has barely budged from over a year ago.

Because it's 16:10 . Why lower the price when people will gladly pay for a true PC resolution?

I really want to bite but i feel like it can go lower than 250...

1 millimeter, really? That's like 1/25th of an inch.... calling BS on that one for sure lol

Well i'll tell you this. Just looking at it straight on you will notice that the color/shade differs from top to bottom because the angle from your eyes to the screen differs from top to bottom. This is especially true for solid colored backgrounds that fill the whole screen in which you will see a gradient rather than a solid color. Of course, if you sit further back it's not as bad, but I sit pretty close. And yes, the color changes by moving my head as little as half an inch up or down. Bottom line is that the image will change depending on your seat height and whether you're sitting up straight or slouching. It's a great gaming lcd in which you don't really pay attention to such things, but for color precision/image editing, forget about it.

Well i'll tell you this. Just looking at it straight on you will notice that the color/shade differs from top to bottom because the angle from your eyes to the screen differs from top to bottom. This is especially true for solid colored backgrounds that fill the whole screen in which you will see a gradient rather than a solid color. Of course, if you sit further back it's not as bad, but I sit pretty close. And yes, the color changes by moving my head as little as half an inch up or down. Bottom line is that the image will change depending on your seat height and whether you're sitting up straight or slouching. It's a great gaming lcd in which you don't really pay attention to such things, but for color precision/image editing, forget about it.

This is true, A few months ago I bought the VH236 and my brother bought the VW266H, went over to his place to check it out and though it is awesomely giant and a decent picture, it does have the color/shade difference form top to bottom. You just have to make sure to view it from a distance, if you are 12 to 18 inches away, itll be more evident. It only bothered me when view web pages from up close as the color of white changes when you move around.

Because it's 16:10 . Why lower the price when people will gladly pay for a true PC resolution?

I really want to bite but i feel like it can go lower than 250...

$250 does seem a bit high. I bought my 24" 16:10 LCD about 3 years ago and it was about $200 on BF. Considering that there's 27" and 30" monitors are so common, this should be $180 or so to be a hot deal. The 25.5 panel size was never a high volume item, maybe that's why it's high.

Question folks -- is the screen finish glossy or matte (or semi-matte) ?? And does the dynamic contrast work well? (mine doesn't)

You guys complaining don't see the red text in the OP... it's 1920x1200 (better/bigger resolution than most new LCDs of this size since smaller 1920x1080 is normal)

Plus, 2ms response (VERY low response time for popular things like gaming or fast action movies -- no GHOSTING!)

That's why it's $249 and well worth the price.....

Plus the better-than-normal panel warranty that nobody else seems to have besides Viewsonic.

need a beefy card to game on that, but decent monitor there :) ... bencho, what do you mean extra GC? Hook a brotha up! :D

There is a promo for gift cards depending how much you spend for today only. check newegg banners.

Too bad a 27 with a 1920x1080 makes me sad inside.

Why not just buy a HDTV that does 1080, the term monitor should give higher resolution over standard "TV's".

That 27" is $50 more, plus its still only 1920x1080..... this one is 1920x1200.

They are both killer, but this one gives a higher resolution and is $50 cheaper

Too bad a 27 with a 1920x1080 makes me sad inside.

Why not just buy a HDTV that does 1080, the term monitor should give higher resolution over standard "TV's".

LOL!

Last edited:
Back