ASUS VENTO 3600 is a futuristic beauty

LiquidX

2[H]4U
When I first saw this case in funky colors like blue, red and green I thought it was the ugliest thing ever but now that it's in black I want one. It is is probaly the most futuristic case I have seen. I love cases that look futuristic and this one will be mine.:cool:

ASUS VENTO 3600
11173008096me.jpg

11173008043fs.jpg

11173008061ri.jpg

11173008019vp.jpg

11173008022ks.jpg

11173008125iz.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ategory=0&minPrice=&maxPrice=&Go.x=13&Go.y=39

shoes said:
does it fit fullprofile cards?

I am not sure I know what you mean by "fullprofile cards" but they say its huge, so I am sure anything will fit in that badboy.

Well i allready liked it in Red, but in black is much better, after all my idea after purchasing it was to paint it black, still misses a window thought, ;)

Everytime I see that case I think it looks like one of these:
movie_bg.jpg

TradeFedMTT.jpg

Another case (no pun intended) of slapping a bunch of cheesy plastic on a regular chassis and calling it by a different name. I really don't see any reason to buy it, other than looks, and even they aren't that great. The whole thing reminds me way too much of an alienware case.

No matter what you think of the Vento's design and look , full creds to Asus for having a go! This can only be a good thing for ppl that are not into case modding.
Beleive it of not Vento sales are thru the roof.

No offense but it looks like they took a generic cheapo steel case stuffed inside of darth vader's helmet. :rolleyes:

I always thought the Vento had a very exotic (sexy?) look to it. Very much like an italian sportscar.

But while it has the looks IMHO, the chassis itself leaves much to be desired. Not that's its bad, just very generic. I've had a red Vento for a couple of months (still in the box) but I'm thinking about selling it because the chassis is so limited. While the case dimensions are huge, most of that space is attributable to the outside skin. Inside it's very cramped. Basically, you a full-tower case wrapped around a small, budget mid-tower.

If your system specs are conservative, its a decent case. But if you have multiple hard drives and SLi I recommend you go with a full-tower.

As for the Vento looks, im not sure why most everyone dislikes it or compares it with a vaccuum cleaner. By that same comparison, 99% of current cases look like "refridgerators."

Yellowsnow17 said:
No offense but it looks like they took a generic cheapo steel case stuffed inside of darth vader's helmet. :rolleyes:

Actually, I think Darth's helmet was a bit small for this case. Maybe they borrowed the headgear worn by Rick Moranis in the Mel Brooks classic, Spaceballs? You know, when he played......

DARK HELMET!!!! :eek:

If that's the case, by buying this, would your Schwartz then be bigger than anyone else's?? :D

ill give it one thing, it looks better in black than any of the other colors. i cant say its disgustingly ugly, but its nothing i would buy.

I like it in black, but its still VERY UGLY BLACK plastic bloated hippo-ass lookin sorta thang. But to each his/her own. :cool:

my friend been wanting to get one of these, but i didnt have the heart to tell him it was ugly when he asked me so i said, if you like it, get it.

linjy2 said:
my friend been wanting to get one of these, but i didnt have the heart to tell him it was ugly when he asked me so i said, if you like it, get it.
I'll tell him. If I had a dog that UGLY, I'd shave his butt and make him walk backwards. :D

The bottom picture makes it look like it has side vents from an enzo ferarri.. heh...

But like many other people, I think it's disturbing to look at

The plastic is horribly tacky, and when we had one in the shop where i used to work the door broke in like a day of having it on the shop floor, not to mention that it scratches the top where it bashes into it.

I must say that i really like it. It might be a bit to big, but hey, it's a real cool case :p.

I'm wondering how much it'll costs.

it goes for 150

and it kinda reminds me of trucks running over babies while tigers poop on fat women

I love it :p its so different, it has to be cool (good reason ey? :p) it could be Darth Vader's cockpiece, but its a damn nice cockpiece! :p

that is so ugly in my opinion. its made of flimsy plstic those vents in the front dont do squat. and that door is SUPER flimsy, i went to the AMD tech tour and they had 1 on display and the door wouldnt even lock in place and the door hinges were sooo.......

the USB ports are soo low that its rediculous.

for 150 i rather get the blue wave master or add another 80 bucks or so and get a Li-li

pcnerdguy said:
Oh I don't know I always liked the look but I don't think it is worth 150.00.

Herulach said:
The plastic is horribly tacky, and when we had one in the shop where i used to work the door broke in like a day of having it on the shop floor, not to mention that it scratches the top where it bashes into it.

Yup. I read a review of the thing and they said that the door flies open and smacks the top of the case instead of slowly opening. Get it if you want to pay $150 for a self mutilating case.

IMO, the shell looks neat - Or, shall I say, would be neat - If it were built that way for a reason. However, the case the shell is on is cheap and doesn't come near the quality of innovation or thoughtful layout as an Antec or Lian Li or Coolermaster, etc.

I could think of some pretty effective front intake/outtakes on that sort of setup with a case, just looking at it, but they haven't done anything neat with it.

And to repeat what others have said, I've read in various reviews that the build quality is lackluster and the shell is fragile.

It's cool for other people to have. Kinda like how I don't mind seeing other people drive strange/ugly looking cars. Breaks up the monotony.

Back