ASUS Transformer 32GB $367

That's a great price for an awesome tablet. I bought mine from OD with the Staples coupon and after taxes was low 400's.

This plus the docking keyboard is a sweet combo.

There was a problem

The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.

good deal. loving my 16gb I got for 299 from OD via Staples coupon

There might be a quad core version on the way. Very happy with mine.

Plan to pack it and the docking station (extra battery) with me on my labor day camping trip to the BWCA. As mostly just an ebook reader, it should have enough battery life for the couple night trip and a couple star charting apps. Nothing like packing in a couple hundred books rather than the handful of paperbacks I usually pack in.

The Kal El is quad core. I am waiting for that one (have a Xoom and a G-Slate now) -- but that one will probably replace my current...

From my observation 32GB tablets should be in the $149.99 range. I'll hold off on this until that happens. I don't need an oversized android/ipod for this much cash.

From my observation 32GB tablets should be in the $149.99 range. I'll hold off on this until that happens. I don't need an oversized android/ipod for this much cash.

If by "observation" you meant he HP fire sale of the TouchPad, HP is taking a massive loss on this. The tablets cost about $300 to make. I don't think we'll see $150 tablets anytime soon unless they are junkers or someone else decides to blow up their tablet business and give up.

This deal>$99 HP Touchpad.

If you don't mind spending $500+ on a new Android 4 tablet with quad core (or really fast dual core) processor coming this fall. Then I'd just skip this and wait. I had a bunch of Honeycomb tablets and I just wasn't happy with Honeycomb's performance and stability. Keeping my fingers crossed that a more powerful tablet with a new version of Android will be a big improvement worth the wait and money.

But if you have no intention on spending that much money on a tablet, guess now is as good of a time as any to grab a good $370 32GB tablet with an 10 inch IP display, micro SD, and mini HDMI. This is overall a good tablet and a good deal. Only cons I have with it are the speakers are off balance (did that ever get fixed?) and the squared edges and extra wide horizontal bezel make it less comfortable to hold in portrait mode.

I will be holding off on a tablet till at least Black Friday, and really till ICS is announced. There's a good possibility Apple will announce the iPad 3 as well. Quad cores are on the way and there will be a ton of phones and tablets announced for this holiday, this is a good time to wait unless there's a super god deal.

If by "observation" you meant he HP fire sale of the TouchPad, HP is taking a massive loss on this. The tablets cost about $300 to make. I don't think we'll see $150 tablets anytime soon unless they are junkers or someone else decides to blow up their tablet business and give up.

no they dont, they cost about 50-60 each, remember, made in china. like any new tech they price it too the skies at first and then as sloooooowly as possible they lower the price sucking out every possible penny of profit till it comes into range of the average person.

no they dont, they cost about 50-60 each, remember, made in china. like any new tech they price it too the skies at first and then as sloooooowly as possible they lower the price sucking out every possible penny of profit till it comes into range of the average person.

False, though I agree in that corporations milk every last penny out of consumers to the greatest possible extent.

http://www.isuppli.com/Teardowns/News/Pages/HP-TouchPad-Carries-$318-Bill-of-Materials.aspx

I wanted the transformer for a while but I bought a Nook a while ago and rooted it and it's more than enough for what I need most of the time. I will be waiting for the next gen tablets with the Kal-El chip before I consider buying another. The only thing I really don't like about the nook is the battery life, I charge it and unplug it in the morning, it is at 100% I don't use it at all for 8 hours and it's at 85%. Something is definitely wrong there I think, since it's in standby and I even disabled the wifi. This is ever since I moved to phiremod 7 test 2. When I was only auto nooted it never drained the battery that much from 100% on standby.

LOL
You're talking out of your ass. These tablets cost a few hundred dollars to build.

http://www.isuppli.com/PublishingImages/Press%20Releases/2011-08-01_Teardown.jpg

Do these support Sprint 3G?

No, but it supports wireless tethering to my rooted Sprint 4G :)

As far as holding off for a Kal-el version, I'm not really sure what a quad core/faster process is going to give you this version doesn't already have. I mean, it's not like there will be software/games out there that will take advantage of it.

LOL
You're talking out of your ass. These tablets cost a few hundred dollars to build.

http://www.isuppli.com/PublishingImages/Press Releases/2011-08-01_Teardown.jpg

While that's true, prices are falling all the time. As the Touchpad fire sale showed, when these devices come down in price, they will sell like hotcakes. As soon as I saw the original iPad I predicted they would really hit it big when the price hit $200 - $250 and I still stand by that. The Transformer is seriously tempting at the price in this thread, but I'm waiting until the pricing hits under $300 myself...

While that's true, prices are falling all the time. As the Touchpad fire sale showed, when these devices come down in price, they will sell like hotcakes. As soon as I saw the original iPad I predicted they would really hit it big when the price hit $200 - $250 and I still stand by that. The Transformer is seriously tempting at the price in this thread, but I'm waiting until the pricing hits under $300 myself...
$300 is a reasonable target. That's what I got mine for when staples had a coupon.

I'd say the iPad has already hit it big at $500. They had been selling that tablet faster than they could make them.

They're selling a lot, that's true. When they hit a certain price point, they'll sell considerably more. There are tons of people, like me, saying they don't need a media consumption device at those prices, when a cheaper laptop will work as well or better in a lot of cases. Not everyone has a huge desire to touch the screen of the device they're using...

not bad but i will wait for kael. i owned this tablet too lol. mkv support please ASUS! :p

Haha, I feel like I was emotionally damaged by the Touchpad fire sale. I can never look at expensive tablets ever again without having flashbacks of being berated by minimum wage best buy lackys. Maybe if I refresh the HP SMB site a few times this tablet will drop in price.

You can't get a regular-sized android/ipod for that much cash, unless it's subsidized by a cell phone company trying to lock you into a contract.

Back