Asus Strix Z270I M.2 SSD does not support RAID problem

Angelo78

n00b
I have installed the two M.2 SSDS disks on the motherboard just set in RAID to the BIOS but it blocks ie it does not fix the problem because there is white led.

It only works if you do not set the RAID if it puts AHCI the M.2 SSDS disks work fine.

The problem is the RAID that does not work with this motherboard failure.

These two M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator SHPM2280P2 / 240G 2x240 disks are compatible with this motherboard.

What do you think? Can you solve this problem?

I have installed the two M.2 SSDS disks on the motherboard just set in RAID to the BIOS but it blocks ie it does not fix the problem because there is white led.

It only works if you do not set the RAID if it puts AHCI the M.2 SSDS disks work fine.

The problem is the RAID that does not work with this motherboard failure.

These two M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator SHPM2280P2 / 240G 2x240 disks are compatible with this motherboard.

What do you think? Can you solve this problem?

check this article, it might help.

https://rog.asus.com/articles/guide...m2-ssds-in-raid-0-on-maximus-ix-motherboards/

I tested this on our ASUS ROG Z270i STRIX motherboard and it worked fine with dual Corsair MP500's.

I have already read a guide for setting RAID types but it does not resolve RAID and only works normal AHCI.

After countless tests so far we have realized that the problem is the RAID that does not work.

I have disassembled all the components and have done so many tests with our components but the result is always the same.

If the RAID does not work, the computer will work.

I think we should be able to expect the function to work since it's marketed as a feature, but I don't see any practical point to RAIDing M.2's assuming a non-enterprise scenario.

Why, because there's really no cost savings getting two drives of say 250GB rather than a single 500GB, and you're unlikely to be able to tell the difference in throughout anyway.

Diminishing returns factor is super high with raiding M.2 NVMe.

You'd see stronger write speeds in a lot of cases with M.2 drives in RAID. You don't see much of an improvement in read speeds, although that improves as well. Like SLI, RAID0 and M.2 drives is never about cost savings.

Back