Asus Strix X470-F

sboucher

Gawd
Any Strix X470-F owners out there?

Just bought the board along with a 2700X, and prepping for the build.

No [H] review on it unfortunately, but decided to give it a shot anyways.

Full Build:

Asus Strix X470-F
AMD Ryzen 2700X
G.Skill Flare X 3200 16G (2x8)
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
Cooler Master ML240L
Seasonic Prime Ultra 850W Titanium
Using my Corsair Air 540 (From prev system)
Asus Strix 1070 (From prev system)

Tips, suggestions?

Finally retiring my old i7-2600K. Going to frame it and hang it on the wall in fact.

nope but board looks solid, build looks fine to me. build it, take pics, post pics!

I had the B350-F Strix board and I thought it was great. A much better experience than the X370 Prime Pro POS I used.

I used Flare X RAM with no issues, and a 960 Evo 1TB with no issues. I think I even used a Seasonic Prime PSU with no issues either.

Last edited:
So far, so good. I'm digging this board, it just seems to check all the boxes for me. BIOS is clean, updated it before I even loaded windows (to 4018) with the EZ update utility baked right into the BIOS, which connected to the Internet and downloaded it for me. Went without a hitch.

Usually I never used Asus AI suites, but this time around it's got me converted. Primary for the fan utility, which really won me over. I was able to start with all my fans and pump set low at 20%. As my temperatures increase I start with increasing the pump flow (quietest component), then cpu fans. I loved that I was able to set the fan on my case that blows over my video card to base it's fan curve on the GPU temps, stroke of genius there I tell you!

I didn't use the AI suite software for overclocking. I just set the performance profile to level 2 in the BIOS. Nice modest overclock out of it, around 4.1 to 4.2 while stressing all threads with prime. 4.3 to 4.4 for less cores. The G.Skill Flare X fired up at the proper settings using the XMP profile (or DOCP i think was called in the BIOS).

Asus aura sync works good. Didn't go overboard with the RGB, just a little subtle splash of color. Wife says "it's cute". My daughter loves it.

Nice to have AMD back in my rig again. It's been awhile.. since the 3000+.

Back