Asus shipping new boards this week

The CS guy said they are starting to ship replacement boards for those who already purchased the defective boards and are doing RMA's - those take priority over everything else.
NEW purchases will not be available for another month at least he said. I asked him if he was "sure" - he said yep. Someone else should call and ask the same exact thing and see if we get a different answer.

One of the big retailers (here in the UK) has the B3 Asus boards listed as being available from the 10th of March.... Gigabyte ones are listed available from the 3rd.

They have also put their prices up by about 20%... gits!

Well, I'm sure this is going to end in a massive buying frenzy. Shoot the whole thing could've been a ploy to build up the hype. Oh. :p

I'm sure they'll enjoy their monopoly for a day or so. All of the people waiting for SB motherboards to come back in stock will probably jump at this.

One of the big retailers (here in the UK) has the B3 Asus boards listed as being available from the 10th of March.... Gigabyte ones are listed available from the 3rd.

They have also put their prices up by about 20%... gits!

I noticed microcenter has also increased their 2500k prices by $20.

I've got a friend who wants me to build them a new system. Hopefully this will clear up soon enough.

I signed up for the RMA thing on asus' website. What do I do now?

We will be contacting you shortly to let you know that your replacement is on the way. For all US & CA customers, we will be shipping the new B3 revision replacements from our service center here in the US. Replacements will be shipped out based on the order of registrations received. It's not too late to register if you have an Intel 6-series affected ASUS motherboard. You can do so by filling out the Service Registration Form at http://service.asus.com/notice/.

ORLY? I think not. April/May isn't TODAY last time I checked.

Then you didn't check the egg today. They wouldn't be showing them in stock (or have a part number ready) if they weren't expecting to have them shortly to sell.

Then you didn't check the egg today. They wouldn't be showing them in stock (or have a part number ready) if they weren't expecting to have them shortly to sell.

I checked the Egg, AGAIN, 2 seconds ago - GUESS WHAT - NO ASUS B3 boards anywhere.

And YES, ASUS is the topic of discussion.

I know this topic is about ASUS but I got this e-mail from Newegg today regarding the MSI P67 mobo I bought from them:

Dear Valued Customer,

Great news! Earlier this month, we sent you an e-mail notifying you of a design issue with the Intel Sandy Bridge compatible motherboard model you recently purchased from our site. We are pleased to announce we expect to receive our first batch of replacement motherboards soon and, based on your purchase date, you are eligible to request your replacement at this time for the specific order and item information provided below.

Sales order number: XXXXXXXX
Item number available for replacement at this time: XX-XXX-XXX

To guarantee your replacement, please reply to this email within the next 7 business days. We currently have a very limited supply of replacements and unless we hear from you within that time frame, we will release unclaimed units to the next in line.

At Newegg, we are committed to making this process easy and convenient for you. Please note the options below and reply to this e-mail with your selection in the subject line:

A. Regular RMA

Regular RMAs are shipped once we receive your original unit. Once we receive your e-mail, we will create an RMA and send you a free return shipping label. Once we receive the original item from you, Newegg will ship the replacement to the original shipping address.

B. Advanced RMA

Advanced RMAs allow us to ship the replacement to you promptly and gives you 30 days to return the original unit. Once we receive your e-mail, a Customer Service Representative will contact you within 2 to 3 business days to process your RMA. Advanced RMAs require a Credit Card authorization: in the event we do not receive the defective replacement within 30 days from the date the replacement is shipped, the credit card you provide on the phone will be charged in the amount of the product retail price. Please include the best phone number to reach you at in your email but do NOT include your credit card information.

C. Not Interested

If you are not interested in a replacement, or have initiated a replacement with the manufacturer, you can either reply with "C" or "Not Interested" in the subject line, or simply disregard this email.

If you do decide to return your product, please send back the original retail box (if available) and all accessories originally included. Your replacement is a brand new item and is equipped with new accessories. All replacements will be mailed to the original shipping address unless otherwise specified in your e-mail.

We appreciate your patience in this matter and thank you for your patronage!

Sincerely,
Newegg.com

We will be contacting you shortly to let you know that your replacement is on the way. For all US & CA customers, we will be shipping the new B3 revision replacements from our service center here in the US. Replacements will be shipped out based on the order of registrations received. It's not too late to register if you have an Intel 6-series affected ASUS motherboard. You can do so by filling out the Service Registration Form at http://service.asus.com/notice/.
I've filled out and submitted that registration form at least a dozen times and every time I gives me an error.

Server Error in '/notice' Application.
Runtime Error

I've tried it from other computers, at work, different browsers, and it still does it.

I checked the Egg, AGAIN, 2 seconds ago - GUESS WHAT - NO ASUS B3 boards anywhere.

And YES, ASUS is the topic of discussion.
That's nice. I didn't mention ASUS boards, just that Sandy Bridge boards were back in stock.

And YES, it was off-topic. Nobody cares.

Received an email that the boards are available for shipping, but when you get to the part about clicking the link for the Credit auth. form, it is dead, unavailable. Contacted support, they claim they will investigate and call back within 2 hours.

Yeah I filled out the RMA form today too and within 5 hours time they sent the same email stating my replacement board is ready to ship. I got the same "your not authorized" crap about the cc form but now it's working.
Anyone hear what level of service they are using with FedEx?

Last edited:
With you guys getting your RMA boards now, this is starting to look better for the rest of us. Hopefully it is much quicker then April..

Any of you know if it'a possible to rma a board and pay a little more for a higher end one?

They fixed the auth. form last nite(7pm eastern).. submitted it, still no rma # or fed ex tracking thus far

I've filled out and submitted that registration form at least a dozen times and every time I gives me an error.

Server Error in '/notice' Application.
Runtime Error

I've tried it from other computers, at work, different browsers, and it still does it.

I'm getting the same error. Tried IE8 and Chrome.

2 days later and they still havent shown that the credit authorization form has been received.

:confused:

I am unable to get it to work either. I get as far as choosing regular RMA or advanced RMA.

"An error has occurred! The sysem failed to generate a case number for you. Please contact us to verify your information is correct."

I am unable to get it to work either. I get as far as choosing regular RMA or advanced RMA.

"An error has occurred! The sysem failed to generate a case number for you. Please contact us to verify your information is correct."

I had the same reponse when I selected regular RMA yesterday. So I sent them an email with my serial number. I didn't get an email response, but when I checked the RMA page today I had a case number now and it says "in progress" for an RMA number which will be assigned in 1 -3 days. So, they either acted on my email and didn't tell me, or it just takes a day or so for it to get into the system.

I had the same reponse when I selected regular RMA yesterday. So I sent them an email with my serial number. I didn't get an email response, but when I checked the RMA page today I had a case number now and it says "in progress" for an RMA number which will be assigned in 1 -3 days. So, they either acted on my email and didn't tell me, or it just takes a day or so for it to get into the system.

It's been 3 for me. No rma yet

Faxed in my credit card authorization last Friday to Asus. New board here this morning...with a little gift! :)

DSC_2700Medium.jpg

DSC_2701Medium.jpg

It's been 3 for me. No rma yet

4.5 days, no tracking # as of yet, though they did reply to an email i sent, early yesterday and said the board would ship in 24 hours or less.. its been 36, still no tracking.

My Deluxe is out on the truck for delivery as I type this. The only way I knew it was coming is Fedex called yesterday to let me know it was going to be delivered today and that a signature was required.

I finally broke down and ordered a backordered P6P67 Pro from TigerDirect. Estimated shipping time was originally from Mar 16 to Apr 7, and when I completely filled out the order, all it said was Apr 7th (I'm guessing they published the later date just to be safe).

Oh well. That's the board I want, so I'll just have to wait. It just sux that I already bought an i5 2500k and 8gb of Corsair Vengeance that are going to be so much paperweights for the next month!

It'll be worth it though; I'm upgrading from an old Phenom 9850 w/ 2gb of Dominator DDR2, circa 2008 tech. It'll be hard to wait, but I've waited this long...

Of course, if anyone gets a good line on the Pro ATX boards (not micro, ugh) before that, I might have to canx that order.

I just noticed the deluxe board at TD is only about $0 more than what I paid for the pro+shipping. I think I'm gonna canx my original order and get the deluxe instead. Bottom line? TC says 48 hours to ship. !!!

I just snagged an ASUS Maximus off NewEgg last night they went quick,was waiting for ASROCK Extreme 6 but the kid in me took over..LMAO

I just noticed the deluxe board at TD is only about $0 more than what I paid for the pro+shipping. I think I'm gonna canx my original order and get the deluxe instead. Bottom line? TC says 48 hours to ship. !!!

Better read the fine print there,it don't actually ship I think it was the 4th April,I called them and they are not in stock..Glad I checked before ordering..

That is sad,NewEgg had me print off labels for both CPU and MB all it cost me was ink..

Yep, lady I spoke with couldn't print me a label for Puerto Rico (system wouldn't let her) but she told me I could email her the receipt for the shipping and they'd issue me a credit.

Back