ASUS Rampage or EVGA Classified

Can you used ATI GPU on EVGA Classified or just NVIDIA. Because i like to go with the best most powerful GPU.When its time for a upgrade.

P1010002.jpg

You can use ATI or NVIDIA video cards. There are no restrictions on this. The board should be capable of Crossfire/CrossfireX and SLI/3-Way SLI.

You can use ATI or NVIDIA video cards. There are no restrictions on this. The board should be capable of Crossfire/CrossfireX and SLI/3-Way SLI.

Dan is indeed correct. :) Nothing more to say really. :p

What about the ASUS P6T ( NOT THE DELUXE )? It has a perfect slot arrangement for tri-sli and will cost about 180-200 less.

What about the ASUS P6T ( NOT THE DELUXE )? It has a perfect slot arrangement for tri-sli and will cost about 180-200 less.

That will work fine as well. The Rampage II Extreme is a nicer board. It should be better for overclocking and will offer more tweakability and its very easy to see whats going on voltage wise when overclocking it as you can more easily throw a volt-meter on it than you can with other boards to get a more precise readings than the BIOS and software can provide. The dual BIOS feature is also nicely implemented and makes for a very easy overclocking experience. Considering the 16+2-phase power provided by the Rampage II Extreme compared to 8+2 on the P6T I've again got to give the edge to the Rampage II Extreme and if the OP can afford it, I think its the better choice. (If overclocking is something you have in mind.) The largest downside to the board is the layout of the expansion slots. The last PCI-Express x16 slot is too low for some cases. Other than that I believe its the stronger offering when compared to the P6T. Though you are comparing apples and oranges as far as board classes go. The same is certainly true if you are comparing the EVGA X58 3X SLI Classified to the ASUS P6T or P6T Deluxe.

However you are way off on your price estimates. The standard ASUS P6T is $249.99 at Newegg. The Rampage II Extreme is currently $384.99 at Newegg. Thus you are really only talking about a $130 difference. The EVGA X58 3X SLI Classified without the nForce 200 MCP is currently $399.99. In this case the price difference between the ASUS P6T and even the EVGA X58 3X SLI Classified is only $150. Not $180-$200.

Back