Asus Rampage III formula overclock guide

Xa3phod

Limp Gawd
I recently put together an Asus Rampage III Formula with a Xeon X5670 with 16 gigs of DDR3 1600 ram in dual channel.
This board is rather complex and although I've done plenty of overclocking I usually just change the multiplier and I'm done. With a max multiplier of 24 x 133 = 3.192Ghz. I would would really like to get 4.2 or up to 4.5 if possible. I realize I have to change the base clock, but this is something I never had to do before. There are a lot of options here...and its overwhelming.

Anyone out there who can link me a setup I can just copy and then play with? Or if someone has a guide that explains all the settings and explains why. I never do stock, so help. My main rig is a 6700K running at 4.6Ghz.

Thanks a ton

I posted my question there, but that thread is almost 80 pages long! Still fresh, so hopefully someone responds.

Thanks!

It should be about the same stuff man, positive offset and try to get where you want with the Base Clock.

Settled a lot with 4.9ghz on the 7700k. d14 holds that pretty well but still warm, very little voltage increase for 4.9ghz. 5 takes a good bit more...id like to see better temps though, hence the Loop on it's way.

Back