ASUS PG279Q 144hz 1440P IPS G-Sync

As much as I love to have a 4K monitor I think I will get this one instead as it makes more sense as a monitor, at least until we see 120Hz on those. I still have my Samsung 48" JS8500 if I want to play games in true 4K resolution.

As much as I love to have a 4K monitor I think I will get this one instead as it makes more sense as a monitor, at least until we see 120Hz on those. I still have my Samsung 48" JS8500 if I want to play games in true 4K resolution.

Except that a 48" UHD screen has a worse pixel density than a 27" WQHD.

Looks like the price is set to $899 as it has started appearing on the lists (it's 8990 SEK and the Acer is 7990 SEK and typically prices in swedish crowns is pretty much 10x the one in USD), so $100 more than the Acer. Availability in Sweden is set to end of October or so and there's one in the SweClockers lab right now being tested.

Source: Sweclockers

For this price it better be good, but it doesn't come as a suprise to me though, kinda expected it being ASUS. ;p

Last edited:
Looks like the price is set to $899 as it has started appearing on the lists (it's 8990 SEK and the Acer is 7990 SEK and typically prices in swedish crowns is pretty much 10x the one in USD), so $100 more than the Acer. Availability in Sweden is set to end of October or so and there's one in the SweClockers lab right now being tested.

Source: Sweclockers

For this price it better be good, but it doesn't come as a suprise to me though, kinda expected it being ASUS. ;p

That's actually not as bad as I was expecting. Thank god for competition for us prosumers.

I am only going to buy this from a place with a good exchange/refund policy.

Sounds pretty sweet. I'm torn between sticking with 16:9 or trying out the 21:9 models coming out soon.

Wait till dust settles to decide Asus or Acer. I have 2 msi lightnings gtx 980 ti. Gotta still get my titans sold. Its wait and see.

I want this thing but I bet it's sold out everywhere when released.....

Kinda waiting around for the first solid G-sync monitor to jump on I got used to 27" monitors finally took a while to convert from 24" and up.

Dell's first gaming monitor is comming out this month so that should be fun to watch.

Last edited:
But why would you buy this monitor if you were going to use HDMI? There are cheaper IPS monitors without G-sync, aren't there?

Instead of buying a separate monitor(s) some people prefer to connect everything to a single monitor.

But why would you buy this monitor if you were going to use HDMI? There are cheaper IPS monitors without G-sync, aren't there?

This monitors main selling point and reason it costs more than the XB270HU is because it has multiple inputs.

No monitor is going to be perfect.

Just choose a monitor that suits your needs and preferences the most.

This monitors main selling point and reason it costs more than the XB270HU is because it has multiple inputs.

i think people wanted to connect something else besides PC to XB270HU mainly consoles
HDMI input also limits it to 60hz max..so there you have it

The Quality of these gaming monitors are all over the place so it's best to wait.......
You have the Eizo Dell and ASUS and some new Acers comming out this montha nd the next.

If you see 5 star reviews with 70 precent or better it might be worth the investment without frequent trips to the post office or UPS to return the thingsl

Like the guy who returned 20 monitors IPS ASUS ROG on Amazon =) must be a pill for that..............

Last edited:
I have been waiting a long time for this. If it's not up to standards, I will return it and buy a dell, been using one for several years here and recently bought the dell u2715 but it had issues so I sent it back. 2 working U2715 or a dell3415 are options. I have been obsessing over an ips with gsync and higher hz for a while and waiting to go for it. Acer is not an option for me, let's see how the ASUS works out. Worst case scenario? It stinks and I send it back and go for option b

i think people wanted to connect something else besides PC to XB270HU mainly consoles
HDMI input also limits it to 60hz max..so there you have it

60 Hz isn't a problem really.

The only thing capable of >60Hz is pc gpu so that goes through DP
Consoles - 60 Hz
BR players- 60 Hz
varius streaming /whatever else devices - 60 Hz

Instead of buying a separate monitor(s) some people prefer to connect everything to a single monitor.

That makes sense.

I'm going triple display (I have faith that VR won't be at the level I want for a few years yet), but I've been holding off for a 27" with G-sync to use. Viewing angles is an issue for me with my 25" (16:10) monitor, so IPS is good. I don't like the huge bezel on the Acer, so I've been waiting for this one.

My wife and I both have Asus LCDs, and they've been perfect from day 1. They are older though, and Asus quality was much better back then. I'll be waiting to see the reviews before buying any of these. Besides, I still haven't saved enough to buy 3 (ugh).

Ordered, paid 713 euros (excl vat). Will let you all know how it is. Not expecting it for a while although the site says available this week. Says my order is for November but I ordered a whole new rig.

Multiple inputs are nice, because you might need to use the monitor for something else in the future.

Definitely waiting for this monitor. Priced @ $799 IPS + 165Hz is something I don't mind waiting or paying a little more for.

I wonder if there will ever be a 23"/1080p version of this. I'm at a point where I don't want to deal with a mammoth monitor that requires a mammoth GPU to feed.

Whenever it comes to the States I suspect this is going to be the monitor I'm going to take for the test spin. It's got everything I want.

I wonder if there will ever be a 23"/1080p version of this. I'm at a point where I don't want to deal with a mammoth monitor that requires a mammoth GPU to feed.

don't think that will ever happen, sizes are going up not down. 23 inches is super small these days :p

Back