ASUS PG278Q $550

Great monitor and price I've had it since launch and it has been awesome however the IPS version is releasing soon at $800 MSRP so keep that in mind.

Also Amex users can get 25 credit on 200 making this effectively $525

Sure glad I spent $670 on it at Newegg three weeks ago. I should return the son of a bitch. Dead pixel in the left bottom corner and the Displayport has been a big headache.

Last edited:
Sure glad I spent $660 on it at Newegg three weeks ago. I should return the son of a bitch. Dead pixel in the left bottom corner and the Displayport has been a big headache.

Pretty sure this panel has a 0 dead pixel policy, I would definitely contact Newegg and see what they can do for you.

I would go for a refund on original and cross ship at the new price.

Great monitor and price I've had it since launch and it has been awesome however the IPS version is releasing soon at $800 MSRP so keep that in mind.

Also Amex users can get 25 credit on 200 making this effectively $525

It is released.

There's a refurb for $520 as well...not sure if they are guaranteed in any way, though.

It is released.

Assuming you're talking about the PG279Q, it's "released" yet you can't actually find it on any normal retailers like Newegg or Amazon.

Last edited:
Their refurbs state a 90-day warranty though, versus three years with buying new. I think that the three years is worth the price difference.

Anyways, excellent price on the PG278Q which is a high quality gaming piece of kit.

Back to Newegg it goes. I was thinking about just keeping the monitor and dealing with the issues, but the price dropping $120 just seems like a slap in the face to me.

You should try calling them first to see if they will refund the difference.

It is released.

Yeah it was on pre-order at Amazon for a day or two a couple of weeks ago, but not in stock, my bro texted me though and said his just shipped, should start arriving for people who preordered next week.

I got mine off Amazon for 629.00 a month ago....

You won't find it cheaper after Black Friday that is...

2 problems with this! 1) I just got a 27" BenQ 1440 monitor, and #2 I don't trust Asus's RMA process. Look at the review on newegg from someone who mirrors many of the complaints about Asus and their lack of customer support. I've been lucky with them, but I really try to avoid their products now that their RMA dept seems to be so resistant to helping their customers appropriately.

One part of me wants to wait for the IPS version (though there is no way in hell I'm paying $800 for one)...if I could get the IPS for this price I'd be all over it.

One part of me wants to wait for the IPS version (though there is no way in hell I'm paying $800 for one)...if I could get the IPS for this price I'd be all over it.

I think a lot of us would lol, I'd even get one for $550 :)

The PG279Q reviews don't look great tbh, even more complaints of QC which I will say I'm not surprised about at all. That AU Optronics panel they are using has been plagued with issues since it launched in the MG279Q and the Acer G-Sync version as well. I was hoping Asus binned the best ones for G-Sync version but that doesn't look to be the case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236660&cm_re=pg279q-_-24-236-660-_-Product

Sure glad I spent $670 on it at Newegg three weeks ago. I should return the son of a bitch. Dead pixel in the left bottom corner and the Displayport has been a big headache.

i did the same thing except with B&H. sent them an email asking if they'd like to cut a deal with me otherwise i'm just going to return it and buy this one, no response yet.

i did the same thing except with B&H. sent them an email asking if they'd like to cut a deal with me otherwise i'm just going to return it and buy this one, no response yet.

I tried the same thing with Newegg livechat, but no go. Seems silly they'd rather pay return shipping for the monitor and refund the total amount just to have me turn around and buy the same monitor for cheaper and have them pay for shipping again to get it to me.

I tried the same thing with Newegg livechat, but no go. Seems silly they'd rather pay return shipping for the monitor and refund the total amount just to have me turn around and buy the same monitor for cheaper and have them pay for shipping again to get it to me.

they hope you'll just say fuck it too much hassle so they can keep your money. in my case they'll completely lose out on $680 so i imagine they'd want to appease me. even if they gave me store credit i'd be totally fine with that, i love B&H.

There's a refurb for $520 as well...not sure if they are guaranteed in any way, though.

Assuming you're talking about the PG279Q, it's "released" yet you can't actually find it on any normal retailers like Newegg or Amazon.
I got mine from Amazon, Newegg also has them in stock regularly since the beginning of the month.

Yeah it was on pre-order at Amazon for a day or two a couple of weeks ago, but not in stock, my bro texted me though and said his just shipped, should start arriving for people who preordered next week.

Mine got here yesterday, ordered on the 2nd

I just got this monitor last week from frys for 669 after they PM Amazon. Fry's original price was 699.

I bought a second one on Amazon because the one from Fry's has a slightly darker spot in the bottom right corner so I get on the phone with Amaozn to try to have them PM newegg at 550 and they wont do it, They only PM their own website and SOLD by Amazon, no third parties. I say OK and get off the phone and then I reload Amazon's website a few minutes later and now the price is at 550, wtf? So then I call Amazon back and I get 120 dollar credit + tax.

So yeah, 550 is a great deal! :)

Great monitor for me! 0 issues and just awesome and o paid $800 plus $80 for a year warrenty that o didn't need cause of all the issues I've read about when it first hit.

b&h won't give me store credit for the difference, so instead of losing $120 they lose $670. what's the logic behind that? lol.

I think a lot of us would lol, I'd even get one for $550 :)

The PG279Q reviews don't look great tbh, even more complaints of QC which I will say I'm not surprised about at all. That AU Optronics panel they are using has been plagued with issues since it launched in the MG279Q and the Acer G-Sync version as well. I was hoping Asus binned the best ones for G-Sync version but that doesn't look to be the case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236660&cm_re=pg279q-_-24-236-660-_-Product

Yeah those amazon reviews make it sound like its a real crap shoot. Don't like those odds. Not sold on the premium you pay for G-Sync. Like buying a c-class over an Accord but 25% chance it won't come with a transmission but you have to pay to send it back to the factory.

Back