Asus P8P67-PRO Memory Config Issue

pcgeek86

Limp Gawd
I have 4x2GB Patrior Sector 5 DDR3 @ 1333Mhz RAM sticks. In my Core 2 Quad Q9300 + Gigabyte mobo configuration, it showed up perfectly fine as 8GB @ 1333Mhz.

On my new Asus P8P67-PRO board however, it's only showin up as 4GB total. I ran CPU-Z on it and all 4 RAM slots show filled properly under the SPD tab, but under the Memory tab, the DRAM frequency only shows 668.9Mhz.

Any ideas what's going on here? I didn't see anything obvious in the UEFI config that would cause a problem.

Oh, here's something else ... CPU-Z's Memory tab says "Size: 8192 Mbytes" .... how come Windows is only seeing 4GB in the System Properties window? (Windows+Pause is kb shortcut)

If I boot into the UEFI GUI, it says there is 4096MB of memory @ 1333Mhz. All 4 slots have the exact same type of memory stick. It showed up as 8GB in my Yorkfield configuration ...

don't want to scare you, but I've seen this once or twice before on 1366 boards, and it involved a pin being bent whent he cpu was installed.

don't want to scare you, but I've seen this once or twice before on 1366 boards, and it involved a pin being bent whent he cpu was installed.

First thing I thought of before I even got to your post. Hope this issue hasn't continued into a new generation...

BIOS updated and problem has disappeared. Previous BIOS date: October 2010. New BIOS date (not the beta version): 12/29/10.

Thanks guys!

Back