ASUS P8P67 Pro BIOS Problem

lukukz

n00b
Hello,

So following problem, i built my new Sandy Bridge system like last week or something like that and i got a following problem, made a screenshot so it explains it better for you:

So ye got this "Graphic bug" and i can't see the whole BIOS on my screen. First of all when i build my new system i tried to boot it with the current HDD, but it had Windows XP Pro SP2 32bit, but how some people told me, do a fresh install after this. So i did a fresh install of Windows 7 64bit and it worked but i still had these problems. I've been asking for like past 4days for advice/solution from people how to solve this problem, but i still didn't get the right fix.

I've tried flashing BIOS, downloaded the newest version from the other topic with officials BIOS files/programs thread(tried the newest 1, 0804 and 1204). I've tried clearing CMOS after flashing BIOS.

But everytime after flashing my BIOS to a newer version i just got some other "weird" things. The very first time i flashed my BIOS after building my system i got following thing: my CPU temperature was like 10C different compared to everest, allthough the MB temperature was showed correctly. Before i flashed BIOS both temps were similiar and were showen the same in BIOS as in Everest, then i flashed it and i had 10C more on CPU Temperature, comparing BIOS and Everest.

I've also called the technical part of my shop and asked them about my problem, they said if you don't get the following problem in games and stuff like that and you only get the problem in BIOS then it could be RAM related. So i did MEMtest afterwards for about 1hour and 30mins and it didn't find any errors.

Mainboard S-1155 ASUS P8P67 Pro, ATX
Prozessor INTEL Core i5 - 2500K, 3,30GHz, LGA1155, Quad-Core, Boxed
PSU ATX 650 Watt, CORSAIR 650TX, 80Plus
GFX CARD ATI HD4850 512mb&256bit - for now, keeping it from old PC
G.Skill DIMM 4 GB DDR3-1600 Kit (F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM, Ripjaws-Serie) CL7 8-7-24
DVD-+R/-+RW SATA LG GH-22NS50, bulk,
HDD SATA II Samsung SpinPoint F4, 320 GB, 16MB Cache - from old PC
Miditower XIGMATEK Midgard
Mugen 2 CPU Cooler

Monitor: CRT IIYAMA VISION MASTER 1451 LS902UT

So it would be really nice if some1 could actually help me out with these problems, i've tried few other forums, i've tried writing on ASUS forums but i didn't rly get the right answer.

Thanks

That is the EXACT problem I had... looks EXACTLY like that. See my posts here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1036792986

And the others having the same issue here:
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...d_id=1&model=P8P67+PRO&SLanguage=en-us&page=1

Please look into this, Asus! The BIOS is unusable this way. The common ingredient may just be ATI cards? Because CRTs and LCDs have been used here.
I have the same board, have tried similar steps, and am using a 5850 to output to various sources on various ports.

I have the same board and flashed it to the latest bios no problem on an 5750 so it can't just be ATI cards as the problem, the only glitch I had is by default the UEFI was moved up a bit so advanced mode was off the screen. Seems you guys must have faulty boards.

Lukukz - yes, exactly like that. And some more people in that Asus forum are experiencing the same thing.

By default the UEFI was moved up a bit? Isn't that what we're describing here?

Well i gonna wait maybe some1 from ASUS gonna answer and help us out if not all i can do is bring the Motherboard to warranty and get a new 1 i guess.

I am not sure but mine had no errors except it was moved up, ie I couldn't see the very top of the screen no graphical errors though.

I think it has something to do with dvi to x adapters. I have this board in a hybrid htpc using a dvi to hdmi adapter and get the same mess. Straight dvi works great, hdmi on my sons 6970 works great. I have a gt 430 and 5570 coming to see if the issue resolves itself.

The same thing happens with my 6970, if I have both the DVI and HDMI plugged in. If I unplug the HDMI everything is fine.

I only have HDMI as an option in my setup (and it is the only thing plugged in). The only reason it was originally plugged into a CRT was during setup on my test bench. And it was screwy like this there as well.

Went to a shop with my pc, they plugged in a normal TFT i think and i could see everything perfectly without any Graphics problems or any resolution problems, so it's something to do with the DVI or the old CRT, but it worked fine with my old motherboard ASUS P5QL Pro, would be great if there would be some kinda of update or w/e.

Lukukz, that doesn't even seem to make any sense lol.
Clearly this thing hasn't gotten enough testing but there has to be a fix. Asus - are you listening? :(

I have the exact same problem. Have P8P67 Deluxe B3 motherboard. Have Vizio 37'' HDTV and XFX Radeon HD 5670. Except BIOS screen everything comes up perfectly fine. BIOS screen is scrambled and not able see 60% of the screen. Lucking was see and able to change the boot options.

Called the ASUS support. Support person was arrogant and was telling to contact the Video card support.

Any idea on how to fix this.

Same problem here. I can't see the lower and right part of the UEFI BIOS interface. Plus there are some areas with gfx corruption. I'm using an ATI HD4870X2 card, connected with a DVI/VGA adapter to a 19" CRT monitor.

Asus P8P67 Pro B3
BIOS v. 1305.

Update: After connecting my PC with the same DVI/VGA adapter to my TV (Philips SD LCD) the problems are gone!
So all I have to do now is carry my PC to the living room and connect it to my TV every time I want to change some BIOS settings...

I have the exact same problem. Have P8P67 Deluxe B3 motherboard. Have Vizio 37'' HDTV and XFX Radeon HD 5670. Except BIOS screen everything comes up perfectly fine. BIOS screen is scrambled and not able see 60% of the screen. Lucking was see and able to change the boot options.

Called the ASUS support. Support person was arrogant and was telling to contact the Video card support.

Any idea on how to fix this.

Call him right back, be just as arrogant to him, and then demand to speak to his supervisor. Do NOT stop until you get someone who actually knows what they are talking about. I hate when companies hire complete assholes who have absolutely NO clue about what they are talking about. So many people need jobs these days, and can actually DO the job properly...

Yeah, I'm having this same issue. I tried flashing the BIOS (Which I was terrified of because it hung the first time I tried it through the desk top file location) and then did it with a flash drive. Unsure it went through ok only to have it not fix the issue and see that these were posted 4 months ago and still there is no solution... Why didn't I see this in the newegg/amazon feedback D:

Edit: Forgot to mention I have two HD 6850's on ASUS P8P67 Pro and using a Samsung 52" LCD

Back