Asus P67 Pro: UEFI screen cut-off

PearlChoco

n00b
Since I installed my Asus P8P67 Pro system, I'm experiencing some very weird problems.

The UEFI is in some incorrect resolution, so I can't see the lower and right part of the BIOS screen (like when trying to see a 1024x768 image on a 800x600 screen). Plus there are some area's with gfx corruption. I wish I could show a screenshot, but when I try to connect a USB-drive to store an UEFI screenshot, my USB keyboard is not working anymore in the UEFI (anyone knows what's causing this??)

Both my ATI HD4870X2 and GeForce 570GTX GPU's give this problem.
They are connected with a DVI/VGA adapter to a 19" CRT monitor.
BIOS v. 1305.

Anyone else having this problem?
Could the new 1606 BIOS update solve this?

Last edited:
works fine on my 19 x10 monitor. as far as i know there is no way to adjust the res in there.

Since I installed my Asus P8P67 Pro system, I'm experiencing some very weird problems.

The UEFI is in some incorrect resolution, so I can't see the lower and right part of the BIOS screen (like when trying to see a 1024x768 image on a 800x600 screen. Plus there are some area's with gfx corruption. I wish I could show a screenshot, but when I try to connect a USB-drive to store an UEFI screenshot, my USB keyboard is not working anymore in the UEFI (anyone knows what's causing this??)

Both my ATI HD4870X2 and GeForce 570GTX GPU's give this problem.
They are connected with a DVI/VGA adapter to a 19" CRT monitor.
BIOS v. 1305.

Anyone else having this problem?
Could the new 1606 BIOS update solve this?

Hi,

Unfortunately there are certain older monitors that need a lower resolution output to display UEFI BIOS properly. UEFI can only support one resolution and it's 1024X768, so it's likely that the monitor isn't comfortable with the UEFI output resolution/refresh rate. There is no fix for this I'm afraid (have already spoken to HQ about it as we had someone using a projector experiencing the same thing).

As for the USB keyboard not working, what keyboard is it? Also have you tried different USB port combinations?

-Raja

Hi,

Unfortunately there are certain older monitors that need a lower resolution output to display UEFI BIOS properly. UEFI can only support one resolution and it's 1024X768, so it's likely that the monitor isn't comfortable with the UEFI output resolution/refresh rate. There is no fix for this I'm afraid (have already spoken to HQ about it as we had someone using a projector experiencing the same thing).

As for the USB keyboard not working, what keyboard is it? Also have you tried different USB port combinations?

-Raja

Thanks for the reply.

It's weird since my monitor obviously supports 1024x768.
Is this an Asus related problem, or will all P67/Z68 MB's have this problem? Because that mean's I'll have to buy a new monitor :(

It's a very cheap, brandless USB keyboard. It works perfectly in UEFI, until I add a Samsung 128GB external USB drive. I tried all possible USB port combinations, results are the same...

Thanks for the reply.

It's weird since my monitor obviously supports 1024x768.
Is this an Asus related problem, or will all P67/Z68 MB's have this problem? Because that mean's I'll have to buy a new monitor :(

It's a very cheap, brandless USB keyboard. It works perfectly in UEFI, until I add a Samsung 128GB external USB drive. I tried all possible USB port combinations, results are the same...

All UEFI BIOS boards will have the 1024x768 requirement AFAIK.

Ok thanks for the heads-up on the Samsung drive and USB keyboard, I'll forward the info.

-Raja

Hi,

-Raja
Raja,

FYI, I have a Samsung 1080p DLP that does the same thing. If I connect a cheapy 19" Acer LCD to it, I can access the BIOS and see everything, but on the TV, it's cut off. So, whenever I do anything in the BIOS, I have to bring in the Acer LCD and hook it up. It's annoying, but it works. I do hope there's a fix for this, I know my TV supports 1024x768. I also sort of wonder if the GPU has anything to do with it? It's an XFX Radeon 6950 2GB reference card. My mb is the vanilla Asus P8P67 with an i7 2600k.

I just bought an Asus P8Z68-V LX and had the same problem with wrong resolution. I found this post while looking for a way to fix it. I never did find an answer online but I did find a solution by accident.

I was using the vga port on my monitor because I didn't have a dvi cable. I was using the adapter to connect the dvi port on my new evga 560ti to the vga port on the monitor. I decided to switch to a dvi cable and eliminate the adapter because it was a pain to mess with.

After I switched the cable, I noticed that the resolution had changed and everything fit on the screen again. If you're not using dvi cable, give it a try. Hope this helps.

Back