ASUS P6T Deluxe

buy me one

neat.

edit: I need my coffee.

edit 2: so, when they put the nforce200 chip on a board (not on this board, apparently) we'll be able to run crossfireX OR SLI, right?

Hmmm, also, what are people's thoughts on the crowded nature of the CPU socket area... I suppose it will be okay.

Holy shit that is one sick design. I love that they moved the memory DIMMs up so that I will be able to put my OTC cooler on. :)

And raising the CMOS battery is brilliant! :D

Very nice design indeed! I wonder what the time frame for release is and what the price will be. I may decide to spend a little more money and go with the new setup as opposed to the 45 or 48x with only sli or crossfire!
But if it's some crazy $400 motherboard, maybe I will wait until my next upgrade. :(

That's not what my first link says now. Its been updated. Look at it again. It says SLI confirmed.

That's not what my first link says now. Its been updated. Look at it again. It says SLI confirmed.

uhhh, no.

"The day after the exciting end of the AOCC, ASUS decided to unveil detailed information on its coming X58 (Nehalem) platform, ASUS P6T Deluxe. On top of that there was also talk about the coming Republic Of Gaming motherboards based on the new X58 chipset. The center of things was the combined support for SLI and CrossFire, which is now possible thanks to NVIDIA putting out and allowing Intel to integrate the NF200 bridge chip. "

Am I looking at the wrong link?

The ROG will do both. The P6T will not. Unless I'm looking at the wrong link?

The P6T doesn't have the NF200 bridge, correct? If it did, then yes, it would support both. But, it doesn't.

edit: if you read further,

"Derek Yu, responsible for the R.O.G. series, told us that the new NF200 is already performing adequately in most cases, and above expectations in other. "

I think it's pretty clear that the ROG will have it, but the P6T won't.

sli.JPG

Not much info but they seem to think it is.

do you see the NF200 on the board?

If you do, point it out to me. I don't see it.

(I do agree that the title of the article is misleading. However, I am going by more than just the title.)

Couldn't the chip be under the extended north bridge heatsink?

Edit... Can you tell how much I want there to be SLI and Crossfire? :D

Why does the NF200 run so hot anyway? Isn't it just some kinda bridge chip that acknowledges SLI support to the drivers? And couldn't NVidia find a simpler way to lock SLI support than this? Sheesh...

Over at bit-tech's interview, they noted that the N200 version will be coming out later...just after this one hits.

from XS

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203284&page=2

Hence the design would not be changed anymore, i decided to create dedicated P6T-series thread. Next models to come:

-P6T Deluxe (without OC Palm)
-P6T WS Professional
-P6T WS Revolution

I bet specs are know, just to mention SLI solution is avaliable through licensed BIOS, SAS controller is a software one, but still it would be a nice base for upcoming i7 based PCs.

More P6T series are of course on the way, as soon as they would be ready - i would update the thread.

BIOS shots / performance shots p: - i will post them soon, now comparing to some other non ASUS branded X58 board... guess which

I will measure mounting holes for MCH/SB/FETs as this info maybe usefull in close future.

Some voyeurs below.

Back