ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe Owner's Clubhouse

have you guys flashed to the new 1303 bios? they are so awesome very stable and much better overclocking capability.

anyone can help me? I have Kingston KHX13000D3LLK2/2GX memory. Whenever I upgrade the BIOS, I cannot get windows booted or installed. It keeps freezed at the windows loading animation bar screen. Right now, I can only get BIOS 0611(oldest) one working fine.

Thanks.

I can't get stable at a higher FSB with a lower Multiplier. I don't want to push my Vcore, and my NB voltage too high. I pushed the Vcore to 1.30 and NB voltage to 1.36. Even that was not stable. I don't know what a safe Vcore would be with this E8400, and for the NB. Apparently my screen shots were not stable. Prime 95 would error out in about 10 seconds.

Right now I'm at 3.6 with a 9 Multiplier, and auto NB voltage. VCore at 1.25 this seems stable. I would like to get close to 4GHz but not sure what to do. Am I missing a setting?
HALP!! haha
I have 904 Bios

Improving northbridge cooling: you wanna go PAST the 1600 FSB mark;)

lower multiplier is a morons option: http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3208&p=9

you wont find a better explanation on memory timings and fsb/multipliers options for the C2D plataform elsewhere.

AFTER you put a waterblock or a fan over the northbridge you can try to adjust the NB voltage directly.

Back