ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

I am having an issue with where my USB keyboard and mouse suddenly stop responding when plugged into the rear USB ports. The lights on the keyboard and mouse will flash every 2-3 seconds, but no inputs will work. This problem has only occurred 2-3 times within a month and half. I am using an Asus P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN 3 BIOS version 0402.

If I unplug and plug them back in again, windows will detect them, yet the lights still flash and the inputs do not work. I have tried all the ports in the rear as well as a different keyboards and mice. Strangely, my USB webcam and USB stick work fine in those ports. Also, when the problem occurs, I can plug my keyboard and mouse into the frontal ports and they work just fine. If I reboot, the problem goes away.

I have seen a problem like this posted in this thread but I did not see any solution. I am wondering if there is one or if I need to start the RMA process.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
Would you mind listing a few of the problems? That the V boards have that the deluxe doesn't?
I'm trying to talk my self into the extra $90 of the Deluxe vs the V Non-Pro.
I don't need the features but, also don't need extra problems, wondering if they are anything that would affect me.
Thanks

i have had both boards and the deluxe has given me less headaches
the bios seems better made and the onboard components seem to work better.

i went through 3 pro-v gen 3 boards before switching to a deluxe gen 3 grudgingly

Last edited:
Please help,

Im trying to build a new pc. My p8z68v/gen3 cannot recognize my Crucial m4 in the Sata 6gb/s slot in bios. However when I change it to the regular Sata 3gb/s, the bio was able to rec. it and I was able to install windows on it. Once installed, I tried to plug into the 6gb/s slot, and it did not work.

Am I doing something wrong or do I have a defective mobo and should return it?

FYI. I have latest firmware on the Crucial M4.

If you used the Marvell ports (dark blue), it won't work. If you used the Intel 6 Gb/s ports (gray) and it didn't work, I have no idea.

The bios isnt recognizing the SSD is there on the6gb/s port. But I was able to install windows on the 3gb/s port. Whats going on?

any time you ask a question like this you should make a sig with your complete equipment list - complete! Also Bios version, MEI version showing on bios main page, RST version in dev man, chipset driver vers used
Make sense?

First of all your SSD is much faster on 6G port, so PSU +5VSB risetime comes into play. But I have no idea what PSU you use
You will also need to use 6G cables with clips only for that drive
Then you can try hotplug for those ports set in bios
Poweron by PCIe
PLL Overclock disabled
And the usual full cmos clear - PSU off, unplugged, battery out 1 hour minimum.
Then theres always the close look at the 1155 socket for mis aligned pins

Last edited:
I appologize for that.

I updated both my mobo and the Crucial M4 to the lastest bio. I have Corsair HX 620 PSU (I think that should be enough to run an i7 2700k system.

I tried taking out the battery to reset it and still has not worked. It worked perfectly fine under 3.0gb/g port. When i use the 6gb/s cable that came with the board to plug into 6gb/s port, the mobo fail to recognized that its there. How can I tell if I have a defective slot?

put a spinner in that port

The risetime on the +5VSB may not be fast enough for the M4

However you ignored half my questions, so have a nice day

Please help,

Im trying to build a new pc. My p8z68v/gen3 cannot recognize my Crucial m4 in the Sata 6gb/s slot in bios. However when I change it to the regular Sata 3gb/s, the bio was able to rec. it and I was able to install windows on it. Once installed, I tried to plug into the 6gb/s slot, and it did not work.

Am I doing something wrong or do I have a defective mobo and should return it?

FYI. I have latest firmware on the Crucial M4.

My M4 128GB came with 0309 firmware and it works fine on my Deluxe/Gen3 SATAIII (6Gb/s) port. Haven't tried it on the Blue (Marvel) nor SATA2 (3 Gb/s) ports.

I've noticed, though, the M4 doesn't have a temp sensor on the SSD. I have an Agility 3 and a Patriot Pyro SE and my board can display their temp, but not the M4.

I have a new P8Z68-V/GEN3 that was running great until I updated to BIOS 3201.

Now it will not post, with CPU LED lit.

-cleared CMOS
-checked cables
-reseated CPU
-put single DIMM in slot 4

Powered on without RAM, same thing, just has CPU LED. No beeps either.

did you let the flash go all the way till it stopped at press F1 to enter setup? Its a 3 step flash.

You mean during a DOS or UEFI EZ Flash? This was in Windows with ASUS Updater, in AI Suite II. It went in one step after selecting the ROM and clicking Flash.

Said "successful" basically and to reboot. I powered it off and cleared CMOS.

You mean during a DOS or UEFI EZ Flash? This was in Windows with ASUS Updater, in AI Suite II. It went in one step after selecting the ROM and clicking Flash.

Said "successful" basically and to reboot. I powered it off and cleared CMOS.

You should not have flashed inside Windows. Very risky. Probably was a bad flash. Your going to need a new bios chip or RMA the motherboard. Fortunately swapping the bios chip is very easy though finding the right one with your bios is the tricky part. First try Asus tech support then eBay..

Been there myself..

The bios update is a three step process, the successful message is just the first step. Stopping and reseting the cmos was wrong move with these bios. Try it again with EZ Flash and see if it goes. Watch the clock and dont even think about doing anything for 4 min (takes 3)

No he cant
The bios update is a cross platform major update involving several oproms
The bios on the CD is the ship bios which is worthless in this case, since once you flash to 3xxx you cant go back

He made the classic boo boo
He saw the successful message and manually stopped the flash
He is getting RED CPU light because the platform update was only partially completed.
THIS particular bios should have never been done on the internet with that POS AI Suite or in Windows. Why ASUS keeps shooting themselves in the foot with this stuff is beyond me. A simple note with the bios ("install readme") would have prevented all this nonsense. Just by luck I stumbled accross a warning on another forum post about this, or I would have done the same thing

What I would do is desperation cmos reset
Power off
unplug PSU
Push on button to dischage caps
Take out battery
Jumper on 2-3
24 hour wait min
Try EZ flash

I'm not seeing any reason to upgrade from 1101 on my Gen 1 board. I initially didn't want to take the time to reset to default specs and do the upgrade. Now I'm really glad I didn't else I might have been in the same boat.

The bios on the CD is the ship bios which is worthless in this case, since once you flash to 3xxx you cant go back

What i meant was the BIOS flash when you have absolutely no display output. And he doesn't have to use the ship BIOS, he just needs to download a current BIOS and put it on the DVD or USB with correct filename. At least this is how recovery worked on few last generations of ASUS boards. So does in this - ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 - "Resters the BIOS using motherboard support DVD or a USB flash drive when the BIOS file fails or gets corrupted.", 3.10.3 (page 3-36) in manual.

Evening all, having an issue with my Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen 3 and was hoping there was something else I could try before just RMA'ing it. I get code 45 on the LED when I try to boot up with RAM in dual channel mode. Machine boots with RAM in slots B1 and B2, but will not boot with A1/B1 or A2/B2. I've tried different combos of CPU's and RAM that work in other machines--including stock heatsinks--but all encounter the same issue.

I am having problems putting my computer to sleep and problems with random lock ups when attempting to wake up the computer.

When I put the computer to sleep, the computer automatically wakes up randomly. When the computer wakes up, my monitor has no signal, and my keyboard/mouse does not light up. The only way to make the computer function again is to reset it.

Also, when the computer does sleep properly and I want to wake it up, I can click my mouse or press a key on my keyboard, the computer wakes up but signal to the monitor, keyboard, and mouse locks up. It’s a little weird since the press of the keyboard/mouse works prior to locking up.

I disabled the energy saving power settings so the hd wont sleep after idle and so forth.

I don’t know my bios settings on the top of my head but reading the past 10 pages or so states the problem with sleeping may be caused by the C2/C6 settings.

Evening all, having an issue with my Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen 3 and was hoping there was something else I could try before just RMA'ing it. I get code 45 on the LED when I try to boot up with RAM in dual channel mode. Machine boots with RAM in slots B1 and B2, but will not boot with A1/B1 or A2/B2. I've tried different combos of CPU's and RAM that work in other machines--including stock heatsinks--but all encounter the same issue.

Asuuming you are running the latest BIOS.I would try ultra slack timings just to debug. Boot up with a module in B2, and manually set DRAM timings "loose", save and exit, let the board POST, enter UEFI and then power down the board and put a module in B1. Power up again and see if it will POST, if it will not, check the socket for any bent pins, and if there is nothing showing then RMA the board.

I am having problems putting my computer to sleep and problems with random lock ups when attempting to wake up the computer.

When I put the computer to sleep, the computer automatically wakes up randomly. When the computer wakes up, my monitor has no signal, and my keyboard/mouse does not light up. The only way to make the computer function again is to reset it.

Also, when the computer does sleep properly and I want to wake it up, I can click my mouse or press a key on my keyboard, the computer wakes up but signal to the monitor, keyboard, and mouse locks up. It’s a little weird since the press of the keyboard/mouse works prior to locking up.

I disabled the energy saving power settings so the hd wont sleep after idle and so forth.

I don’t know my bios settings on the top of my head but reading the past 10 pages or so states the problem with sleeping may be caused by the C2/C6 settings.

Do you have a complete parts list (all attached devices from PSU, memory, HDDs, SSDs, USB etc.) , configuration (stock, OC etc.), and driver versions used?

Do you have a complete parts list (all attached devices from PSU, memory, HDDs, SSDs, USB etc.) , configuration (stock, OC etc.), and driver versions used?

Spec
Intel i5 2500K
Z68V Pro Gen 3
Samsung 16gb DDR3 1.35v 1600
Crucial M4 125gb
Seagate 2tb hd
Samsung 1tb hd
Seasonic x750
nVidia GTS250
1x 120mm Scythe fan
2x 200mm Corsair fan
1x 120mm Corsair fan
Dell U2311H

USB:
Mouse
Keyboard

The system is currently OC to 4.5ghz with a manual v-core of 1.312
Bios 3202
Win 7 64bit

Last edited:
Spec
Intel i5 2500K
Z68V Pro Gen 3
Samsung 16gb DDR3 1.35v 1600
Crucial M4 125gb
Seagate 2tb hd
Samsung 1tb hd
Seasonic x750
nVidia GTS250
1x 120mm Scythe fan
2x 200mm Corsair fan
1x 120mm Corsair fan
Dell U2311H

USB:
Mouse
Keyboard

The system is currently OC to 4.5ghz with a manual v-core of 1.312
Bios 3202
Win 7 64bit

To debug,

1) Remove two sticks of memory and run at DDR3-1333. Not sure what the specs of your RAM are but DDR3-1333 is safe while we look at what is wrong.

2) Set VCCSA/IO to 1.10V

3) Set CPU frequency back to stock. Basically load defaults. You need to eliminate any form of overclocking from the mix for now, unless your RAM is spec'd at DDR3-1066.

See how this impacts S3.

If you still get issues, you will need to be more exact about all USB devices (make model etc), and also tell me which drivers etc you are running.

I assume the Crucial M4 is running the latest firmware? Also are you running IRST drivers?

-Raja

I have a Asus P8Z68-VPro, running Windows 7 64 bit, that I have had for a month and been pretty happy with so far. I have one annoying issues though:

I have power set to high performance and have disabled turning off the monitor (FAH GPU core fails regularly when left on). I do turn off my LCD with a power switch though. A few times now, I have turned the LCD back on and it stays black. The computer is operating normally and I have to keypress through a blind restart or hit the reset button to get my LCD back on. Searching on this is somewhat hard as it shouldn't be the sleep problem that everyone else has as I have all the sleep/power off stuff turned off.

Any ideas? I did just disable PLL Overvoltage in BIOS but I'm doubting that will fix it.

Update:

PLL Overvoltage disabled did nothing. Another interesting thing is that I can get the monitor to come back on by remoting in with TeamViewer from another machine and turning on the "black screen" option then turning it off.

Last edited:
I'm at my wits end with this board. I want to smash it to pieces.

I have the Asus P8z68-v Pro/Gen3

specs currently:

intel corei7 2600k
12gigs ram (8gb ocz gold 1333/4gb kingston hyperx 1866)
ocz vertex 4 ssd
seagate 2tb
seagate 3tb
seagate 1tb
sparkle 850watt PSU
win7 pro x64

I have the latest bios, flashed it when I got it last month.
No overclocking is done.
Everything is running stock/the way it would normally.

I had no problem with this system until I got a powered video card, one with a power connector on it.

I was running a 7750 and a 6670 in the first two PCIE slots with not one problem, perfectly stable with no issues at all.

Then I got a 7770 and a 7850 which require a power connection, now the system keeps giving me a blue screen at random intervals. it can do it on the desktop or while gaming.

I thought maybe it was the cards so I tried a 4870 and a 4890, same issues. Then I thought maybe it was just ATI/AMD drivers and I tried a 465GTX and a 260GTX. Same problems again.

I tried three different power supplies ranging from 500wats all the way up to 1250 watts. Same problems still.

Thought maybe it was the ram, took the 8gb out, still problems. Then I used a totally different set of ram, OCZ Reaper 4gb kit, same problems.

The ati cards throw the wonderful atikmpag.sys error and sometimes they toss up the atikmdag.sys error.

The Nvidia cards don't give me any errors, the screens just go black and the system locks up.

Yes I uninstall before re-installing drivers used ATIman actually for the ATI drivers. In fact I went so far as to do a clean install of Windows 7 and still same problems,.

The ram worked fine in my corei5 system as did the Nvidia cards.

*** As I was typing this out the system just blue screened ***

Everything started when I used a video card that required external power.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Last edited:
My bet is you have a problem with the bios. Best option is to fully reflash the bios. This cannot be done with bupdater, nor with the bios utility, nor from windows.

The only way to do this is, apart from using an eeprom programmer, using the program "flashrom" under linux.
This is not complicated at all. No linux knowledge needed at all.

All you need is an usb flash memory stick of max 2GB.

HOWTO:

Download Lili USB Creator here: http://www.linuxliveusb.com/en/download install and run.

1. Select your usb stick
2. Select under source: download and PartedMagic 2012_2_19 and click automatically.
3. Tick "Format the key in FAT32. Leave all other options unticked.
4. Create by clicking the lightning icon.
5. Copy the bios file you wish to flash to the root of one of your hard disks. (No RAID)
6. Change the name of the file to "newrom.bin"

Now boot from the USB key. (Reboot,F8 select key)
In "File Manager" to locate the bios file. If it is for example on the first partition of your third hard disk, this would be "/media/sdc1".

Flashing:

1. Open LX terminal. (Third icon on the taskbar)

2. At the prompt type: flashrom -r /[address of your hard disk]/oldrom.bin
(In the above example: flashrom -r /dev/sdc1/oldrom.bin)
This will make a backup of your actual bios, including the settings. No changes are made to the bios, so no risk to try this.)

Only PERFORM NEXT STEP IS STEP IF YOU MADE A SUCCESSFULL BACKUP!!!

2. At the prompt type: flashrom -w address of your bios file.
(In the above example: flashrom -w /media/sdc1/newrom.bin)

3. Wait for the confirmation that the bios has been flashed. (Do not reboot until you are sure that the bios is flashed correctly, as you may not be able to boot up.)

If the problem persists, repeat the whole procedure, putting in an extra step 2a.
At the prompt type: flashrom -E to erase the bios. (Capital "E".)

You can choose whatever bios version for your board you like, also older version than the one presently installed.

Please ask if you have any doubt or questions and if you decide to give it a try, you do so at your own risk.

chi09es.

Last edited:
not sure if it's been mentioned by anyone before, but i just built a 2600k/p8p68v lx system and was met with hard crashes as the intel hd driver would load at boot.

windows installed fine but everytime i went to install the intel hd drivers, windows would crash and reset. it took some figuring out but when i turned "ai overclock tuner" from auto to XMP in the bios everything loaded fine.

i have no idea why asus would make this a default setting.. terrible idea. everything should be left at stock unless the user wants it oc'd.

I'm at my wits end with this board. I want to smash it to pieces.

I have the Asus P8z68-v Pro/Gen3

specs currently:

intel corei7 2600k
12gigs ram (8gb ocz gold 1333/4gb kingston hyperx 1866)
ocz vertex 4 ssd
seagate 2tb
seagate 3tb
seagate 1tb
sparkle 850watt PSU
win7 pro x64

I have the latest bios, flashed it when I got it last month.
No overclocking is done.
Everything is running stock/the way it would normally.

I had no problem with this system until I got a powered video card, one with a power connector on it.

I was running a 7750 and a 6670 in the first two PCIE slots with not one problem, perfectly stable with no issues at all.

Then I got a 7770 and a 7850 which require a power connection, now the system keeps giving me a blue screen at random intervals. it can do it on the desktop or while gaming.

I thought maybe it was the cards so I tried a 4870 and a 4890, same issues. Then I thought maybe it was just ATI/AMD drivers and I tried a 465GTX and a 260GTX. Same problems again.

I tried three different power supplies ranging from 500wats all the way up to 1250 watts. Same problems still.

Thought maybe it was the ram, took the 8gb out, still problems. Then I used a totally different set of ram, OCZ Reaper 4gb kit, same problems.

The ati cards throw the wonderful atikmpag.sys error and sometimes they toss up the atikmdag.sys error.

The Nvidia cards don't give me any errors, the screens just go black and the system locks up.

Yes I uninstall before re-installing drivers used ATIman actually for the ATI drivers. In fact I went so far as to do a clean install of Windows 7 and still same problems,.

The ram worked fine in my corei5 system as did the Nvidia cards.

*** As I was typing this out the system just blue screened ***

Everything started when I used a video card that required external power.

PLEASE HELP ME!

There are a few possibilities:

A. System corruption and you need to reinstall the OS or Bad hard drive
B. Need to reset cmos settings because the board is using faulty ram timings.
C. Something on the board is bad and you need an RMA

I would try to set ram timings and freq low with minimal peripherals and reinstall the OS.
Also helpful to get a paper pad and keep notes on the parts you ruled out. Eventually you should be able to rule out and by process of elimination find whats going on..

After upgrading my motherboard to the latest BIOS version (3202), even though HPET is enabled in the BIOS, the High precision event timer driver in the Device Manager now shows up as not connected. Does this mean I no longer have HPET support? I have searched online and cannot seem to find an application to test whether HPET is actually working. I have also tested this on a brand new motherboard which came preinstalled with BIOS 3202 with the same results. My first guess would be that HPET is broken in this BIOS release, but I don't know enough about its implementation to know whether or not this is the case.

Mine says:

No drivers are installed for this device.

But then under the Driver tab it shows: 6.1.7601.17514 ??

So I think the problem for me is running two pcie3.0 cards at the same time.

I just got a 7870 and was trying to run it with one of my other pcie3.0 cards and it kept giving me BSOD, I switched to 7870 and 6670 and it works fine now, no blue screen in over a week.

Before that I was running 7850 and 7770 and got bsod, any combination of PCIE3 cards seems to give me BSOD

as a side note, I also learned that my PSU was not good enough for the 7870 so that was an issue as well, but that was after the original post I came across that. I was running an 850watt PSU and kept trying to get it to work so I finally gave up and just switched out the PSU and no blue screen anymore. I checked the specs and the power supplies and found the1250watt has a higher amperage on the 12v lines than the 850watt does. So that mystery solved partially i guess...

Question re: the Intel SATA AHCI controller for the P8-8Z68-v-le : is the most recent version 10.5.1.1001 (posted June 2011)? I ask because the ASUS support page for that motherboard has a download for an earlier driver (or at least it seems earlier given the version number: 10.5.0.1026), posted in January this year, which seems strange--does anyone know the story?--link below (BTW, this appears under Windows 7 64-bit downloads):

http://support.asus.com/download.as...V LE&p=1&s=39&os=30&hashedid=lnde37J3Fxi4e68o

Basically, is the version number on the more recent download just wrong, or is it an earlier version that for some reason ASUS made available later? Raja, please advise if you can.

Last edited:
Wow, no response in almost a week. I know the Z68 motherboards aren't the "new hotness" anymore, but can anyone answer my question?

Newest straight from Intel is 11.2.0.1006. I think most of us go that route and pretty much ignore the Asus site as they don't update much.

To debug,

1) Remove two sticks of memory and run at DDR3-1333. Not sure what the specs of your RAM are but DDR3-1333 is safe while we look at what is wrong.

2) Set VCCSA/IO to 1.10V

3) Set CPU frequency back to stock. Basically load defaults. You need to eliminate any form of overclocking from the mix for now, unless your RAM is spec'd at DDR3-1066.

See how this impacts S3.

If you still get issues, you will need to be more exact about all USB devices (make model etc), and also tell me which drivers etc you are running.

I assume the Crucial M4 is running the latest firmware? Also are you running IRST drivers?

-Raja

i've been having this exact same issue as well with a p8z68 deluxe/gen3. i always thought it was my video card, because i couldn't see anything on video, but everything was still powered on. hibernation is completely disabled. i dont even do a full standby, i have a screensaver at 5mins and my monitor 'sleeps' at 15mins idle. but system standby is disabled. my fans and hard drives all run at 100% all the time.

im running the latest bios and crucial m4 ssd firmware not using RST. i recently installed the ati catalyst 12.6(june 12th beta 9.000) video driver for fun. but i've been having this issue since i purchased the mobo a few months ago. regardless of whatever video driver i use or power settings, it still happens.

right now it seems to happen the least, since i disabled the "turn off display after 15minutes" feature and i manually have to power off my lcd screen. this just forces my screensaver to run all the time when im not using the computer. i recently(yesterday) re-enabled the 'turn off display after 15minutes' feature to start troubleshooting this issue. another interesting thing is that sometimes when i get no video, my computer is still pingable which lead me to think that its video related. i can rdp, ping, access c$, from a remote computer and send a shutdown -i command to reboot the computer. the computer reboots and video is back and everything is running normal. sometimes i am unable to ping my computer and i just have to hard reset using the button.

i dont think its temperature related since all my fans are running 100% all the time and hwmonitor/cpuz/gpuz/occt/afterburner all report solid temps during idle and load.

devices connected:
-das keyboard - ps2
-das keyboard - usb (for the usb hub on the keyboard)
-logitech g9x mouse
-3.5mm cable for speakers to sound card
-power cable
-video(right now im using dvi, but i have a dvi->hdmi converter that i have used in the past but it doesn't seem to impact this issue at all)
-network cable connected to the intel nic(realtek nics are disabled)

diags:
i've run prime95 successfully for over 5 days without any issues. with my current xmp settings.
i've run gpu-z render test for over 24 hours.
i've run msi afterburners test for over 24 hours.
occt:cpu/power/gpu tests have all run successfully for over 48 hours.

specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Hard Drive: Crucial M4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Hard Drive: Western Digital Scorpio Black 750GB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card
Case: Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222AL/BSBS DVD/CD Writer
Monitor: Asus VE248H 24.0" Monitor
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64-bit)
Keyboard: Das Keyboard DASK3PROMS1 Wired Standard Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G9x Wired Laser Mouse
Other: COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 R4-LUS-07AR-GP 200mm Red LED Case Fan
Other: COUGAR CF-V14H Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 14CM Silent Cooling Fan
Other: COUGAR CF-V12HP Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan with Pulse Width Modulation
Other: COUGAR CF-V12HP Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan with Pulse Width Modulation
Other: A few more case fans.

bios screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/oomTp
i took these screenshots awhile ago, and the only thing that is different now is that i have disabled C1E and disabled the onboard realtek soundcard. i have installed an asus xonar d1 PCI sound card(running the stock asus xonar d1 drivers from asus.com-i'm not using the asus xonar unified driver) instead.

current configuration:
i'm just using the stock settings. i've never overclocked this machine due to this 'sleep/wake' issue. i figured overclocking would just complicate the issue and thus decided to not overclock anything at all. all the bios voltage settings are stock. i've only made a few changes in the bios to disable the components i did not need. PLL overvoltage is disabled as well. i know the ati 7970 has some issues with the sleep/idle thing too, which just makes troubleshooting more difficult. :(

since this was my only computer at home, i didn't get a chance to really mess with troubleshooting and just dealt with the issue, but now that i have another computer available to me, i can freely test on this rig and troubleshoot as needed. i've built computers and been in the industry for awhile but i've been in the SBC and VM lately so i haven't touched/researched desktop related hardware.

i've even posted on asus' vip site but wasn't able to get any resolution.

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks all.

Back