Asus ml239h vs Dell 2312hm?

jconblack

n00b
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
2
Hi everybody,
I'd like to introduce me, my name is Juan Carlos from Spain, this is my first post in this forum (which seems to have great great information!).

I'm looking for a new monitor to replace my tn panel based lg l1718s, 200-220€ budget. I've been reading a LOT of information about everything i need to know about tft monitors: panel types, input lag, response time, input ports, etc.

Right now i think that i want an ips panel based LED monitor, 23". The main use of my pc is: gaming (fps included), internet, and movies, in that specific order. I know that in general, ips panels have worse response time than tn panels, and that for fps games it is recomended fast monitors to avoid blurriness (? excuse my english please).

So, with all the information gathered, and all the reviews read (in tftcentral), i've found those 2 monitors that although being ips panel based, have "good" response times. 5ms gtg the Asus, and 8ms gtg the Dell, as stated in the official specs of each.

Now, I know the technicallities (? again) of both monitors, but i can´t decide which one should i go for!!!
Technology wise the 2 seem very close to me, but due to my lack of experience in these fields like response time, panel types, etc. i dont know which monitor should i go for.

I would really really appreciate advice about the choice. Of course im opened to alternatives if i'm making my decisions wrong.

Thanks in advance!!
 
Easy choice, get the Asus because the dell uses aggressive anti glare coating which makes whites+light colors look grainy and dull, also the Asus has a nicer bezel. TFT central has a review of both models.

Just make sure you can get your display from a place with a good exchange policy since the quality control is nearly non existent.
 
Would you choose the Asus only because of the antiglare coating? havent seen it in person, so i dont know if it is so bad.
I'm not choosing the monitor in terms of design so i don´t mind if it is ugly.

I was maybe more inclined for the Dell, but now i'm really 50% Dell 50% Asus hahaha
 
Yes, the AG is my number 1 deal breaker when it comes to buying monitors. Performance wise they are very close (pretty sure they use the same panel), the lack of aggressive AG and a nicer bezel=icing on the cake.
 
Yes, the AG is my number 1 deal breaker when it comes to buying monitors. Performance wise they are very close (pretty sure they use the same panel), the lack of aggressive AG and a nicer bezel=icing on the cake.

But how do you know it's different?

Neither arguing or trying to draw you into an argument, but how do we know it's better or worse?

From TFTCentral in regards to the Panels:

LG LM230WF3-SLD1 for the Dell and LG LM230WF3-SLB1 for the Asus.

It's quite possible that the AG coating is the same, NCX. They may be slightly different revisions, so it may be possible, but without them side-by-side, we don't know.
 
Several former U2311h and now ml239h users, tft central and prad.de all confirmed it had lighter coating a while back.
 
So i heard many, many good things about dell's return policy.

Like, screen has problem, bam they come the day after to pick it up and change it for another one.

Is it the same for asus?

I saw the asus only had HDMI

Is this going to be a hassle or is it fine? i have never dealth with hdmi before, only vga and dvi
 
Hdmi/dvi are the same, except hdmi can also carry sound.

Asus does not have good customer service like dell, just get it from a store will a good exchange policy. I recommend using NC1X because they will price match any online retailer and for a small fee you can exchange any display for 30 days if it has 1 dead pixel or bleeding.
 
I'd have to find the french equivalent.

I already owned an asus screen before, some 22inch tn panel 2ms sonic something mw22, don't remember well.

It was horrible because of the ghosting effect caused by the overdrive that was there all the time, very annoying. Of course asus did not consider this to be problem.

Turning off overdrive would make the reverse ghosting go away, but then it's the normal ghosting that appeared. Image would be smeared all over the place. Even uglier and more annoying.
 
Back
Top