ASUS ML239H IPS Panel LED BackLight

Was it ever determined if this was same panel as ISP236v or same panel as 2311h?

2311 panel is OLD !

Asus use same panel of ips236v but in the asus, the name panel have a suffix SLB1 that in the LG there isn't.

2311 panel is OLD !

Asus use same panel of ips236v but in the asus, the name panel have a suffix SLB1 that in the LG there isn't.

edit: nm, I'm going to guess you got it from TFTcentral. It probably doesn't say it on the LG either because they dont know which suffix or they forgot to include it.

I wonder what the different suffixes denote. It looks as though all of the SLA1s are true 8bit while the others are 6bit + A-FRC

Last edited:

Found a pic...

XUXtE.jpg

Could be backlight bleed, but may as well just be IPS glow.

HOW IS THE ML239H's AG coating ?
it's aggressive, medium like TN or light ?

Is Ag coating different than other E-IPS ?

I don't remember where exactly I read it, but some days ago I read on here about the AG coating on another Asus LCD (don't remember which) being much lighter than the one Dell uses. Or something like that. When I read that it made me think that this one probably also has a lighter coating (assuming they use the same level of coat for all their LCDs).

I don't remember where exactly I read it, but some days ago I read on here about the AG coating on another Asus LCD (don't remember which) being much lighter than the one Dell uses. Or something like that. When I read that it made me think that this one probably also has a lighter coating (assuming they use the same level of coat for all their LCDs).

It is the Asus PA246Q, but the panel is not same to Dell U2410, is similar but not the same. :rolleyes:

The panel of ML239H have the panel's name same to LG IPS236v but with SLB1 suffix ( what's the meaning ? ).

Have u Asus 239 ?

Yeah it may have been the comments for the PA246Q that I was reading, I was there just now to find some comments (while you were typing that post) . . .

...slightly heavy AG coat...

AG coating is a little thicker or grainy that it should be. Definitely aimed at fluorescent filled corporate cube farms. Not as bad as my friends 2410 I compared it too the other day.

contrast is still medicore at around 700:1, but due to the lighter AG coating the Asus is the best choice compared to the ZR24W/U2410.

I don't have it and haven't seen it. Only way to tell for sure is to actually test it.

(I haven't seen the PA246Q either, or the ZR24W, or the U2410. I have, however, owned the Dell 2209WA and that AG coating is absolutely horrible.)

Last edited:
Just ordered this, should arrive on Friday. I'll let you know how the AG coating as soon as I get it up and running. Previously had the 2209WA which had pretty horrible coating.

Last edited:
Just ordered this, should arrive on Friday. I'll let you know how the AG coating as soon as I get it up and running. Previously had the 2209WA which had pretty horrible coating.

A lot of people inlcuding me will appreciate your opinion on the AG coating. Thank you sir!

Really hope this turns out to be a winner

Hello, I bought the Asus ML239H, no problem with AG coating. Text is very clear. I'm very satisfied with it...on movies games and internet!

Hello, I bought the Asus ML239H, no problem with AG coating. Text is very clear. I'm very satisfied with it...on movies games and internet!

How's lightbleed in dark room? I'll be getting mine on monday, hope I can confirm what youre saying about AG coating.

i posted some images, that I did before setting brightness and contrast:
http://photobucket.com/AsusML239H

you can see some light bleeding...and purple colour due to IPS panel. It's more visible in the pics than with naked eye. I can see some bleeding in the lower part of the panel.
Trust me for the AG coating...I wear glasses and I can say that my eyes are more relaxed with this one than with my old TN 17" lcd. Of course you must set properly the DPI value in Windows and the font size in the browser to get a comfortable experience.

if you look on youtube I did an HD video of the monitor and angles of view..look for Bikini Destination on my monitor...it's awesome! :)

And we have a winner. It's there, but whites are not nearly as dirty as they were on my 2209WA or LG W2363D. Lightbleed is also practically inexistent! There is only very slight bleed at the top of the monitor with 100% brightness. Input lag also feels inexistent so FPS games feel very good, just like 2209WA. Perfect monitor for me :)

Last edited:
And we have a winner. It's there, but whites are not nearly as dirty as they were on my 2209WA or LG W2363D. Lightbleed is also practically inexistent! There is only very slight bleed at the top of the monitor with 100% brightness. Input lag also feels inexistent so FPS games feel very good, just like 2209WA. Perfect monitor for me :)

2209 have no excessive coating, because is a old panel and have big pixel pitch.

Indeed extremely wrong. The 2209WA has absolutely horrible coating. Ultra excessive.

0.2821mm isn't what I'd call big. It's fairly normal. 0.29 and higher starts getting big though.

Between 0.27 and 0.29 = normal.

2209 have extreme coating ? :confused:
WOW, Usually the first panels have ligher ag coating than actual panels.

Read PRAD's sneak peak.

Response time is very slow just like the LG IPS236V/231P models, Dell U2311H is nearly twice as fast. Their test unit also has a 200:1 contrast ratio, which is worse than most horrible TN netbooks. No mention of the AG coating, but I will ask once the official review goes up.

Asus ML239H TFT Central Review

Though not mentioned in the review Simon Baker confirmed that the AG coating is not as harsh as the other e-ips panels on the forums just like some of you guys have been saying. Looks like the e-ips panel battle has been won by Asus!

Prad's Review comes out at the end of the month. If you have a paid subscruption you can read it now. The response time is slow like the LG's on any setting but Trace Free 40. PRAD's unit has a contrast ratio of 200:1 vs 750-800:1 on the unit TFT Central received, so if you get one make sure to get it from a place with a good exchange/return policy.

in the TFTcentral's reviews, simon baker always say that have not problem whit any AG coating.
in the ML239H review say only that tha AG coating for he is not too bad.

Last edited:
Asus ML239H TFT Central Review

Though not mentioned in the review Simon Baker confirmed that the AG coating is not as harsh as the other e-ips panels on the forums just like some of you guys have been saying. Looks like the e-ips panel battle has been won by Asus!

Especially when this screen enters the market, PA238Q. (should be released this summer)

picture.php

Ah, i'd rather get the 24" and its been through the initial rough stage of a new product launch, so theres fewer issues with the newer batchs

Especially when this screen enters the market, PA238Q. (should be released this summer)

picture.php

They need to stop with that red line but it is less obnoxious. Should be a winner right with the ASUS 24-inch version having a less harsh AG coating compared to its competitors?

They need to stop with that red line but it is less obnoxious. Should be a winner right with the ASUS 24-inch version having a less harsh AG coating compared to its competitors?
ahahahaha
there's not any document or specific or review that define the AG coating of a monitor because this factor is impossible to judge, u can only ask to some users or try personally the monitor.

but i thing that asus will use a similar coating, if it used a less coating whit ML239H and PA246Q i dont think that whit this new product want to use a harsh coating :D

yes but ML239H is a toy, the new PA238Q will be a serius monitor IPS but not 16:9

PA238Q_06.jpg

PA238Q_07.jpg

Anymore information/ reviews on either of these 2 monitors?

ML239H and PA246Q

Back