ASUS M2N68-AM SE2

Yes the AMD X2 4400 is that much faster than the P4.

The only real problem I have with that mobo is the fact that it's openbox. Is there a Fry's near you?

jeez... that Fry's ad site is slow with updating the ads, lol.

Anyhow, you can typically find a CPU/Mobo combo at Fry's for $79 - $99 that would outperform that X2 4400+ combo.

jeez... that Fry's ad site is slow with updating the ads, lol.

Anyhow, you can typically find a CPU/Mobo combo at Fry's for $79 - $99 that would outperform that X2 4400+ combo.
I want a very cool chip at least 65watts TDP or better yet 45watts TDP. I like the Sempron LE1250 for a very quiet or noiseless PC. I want a very low end computer but able to run Internet Explorer and office 2003 for a client. He wants to pay about $250.00 no monitor, just the box. I'm in Los Angeles.

As a matter in fact Frys has the Sempron LE-1250 and Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P for $49.00
What do you guys think about this combo? Stability, easy to setup, Drivers support, compatibility? Thanks

As a matter in fact Frys has the Sempron LE-1250 and Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P for $49.00
What do you guys think about this combo? Stability, easy to setup, Drivers support, compatibility? Thanks

It's a Gigabyte so driver support should be a-ok. It's a decent enough combo.

The GeForce 6100 has been out for a while now, so the BIOS/drivers should be mature for that board already.

Back