ASUS M2N-MX

• Thread starter Deleted member 79192
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 79192

I was wondering if anybody hear has heard anything good or bad about this motherboard. I plan on purchasing it soon as part of my computer upgrade I'm getting. Features I really like are the SATA II connectors, which I plan to use with a new SATA II hard drive, and I also plan on taking advantage of the Gbit LAN sometime in the future as well.

Here is a link with a picture and more info about the board:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicati...ails.asp?EdpNo=2768826&CatId=2320#detailspecs

Furthermore, do you think that when using this with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ and an XFX GeForce 8500 GT I have a good balance between CPU and GPU power?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Seems like a decent no frills type of board. I'm sure it'll work fine. Probably won't get any good OC's out of it, but should work with a X2 3800+ with no problems.

3800+ and 8500GT sounds like a plan. Depending on your budget, I'd step up to a 8600GT, but the 8500GT shouldn't be too bad of a GPU.

I actually got the parts from a local computer shop that I just ironically found a flyer for around my house. I noticed it had all 3 of those parts in the flyer. When I arrived they were actually out of the motherboard in stock (the flyer was a month old) but I got a different motherboard that also had similar features, manufactured by Elitegroup (ECS).

I love how the new video card handles games! It's a fantastic step up from my old 5700 LE. :p

Back