ASUS - IN WIN Transforming PC

I saw this yesterday in a gif and I was impressed. Now that I can see it as a video I'm less so. For something that will undoubtedly cost an obnoxious amount of money I feel like the pivots arms could be more smooth.

My first thought was "What's the point?". My second thought is, holy hell that'd make switching out parts and cleaning it so much more useful.

Man, you could see the "I hope this frickin' works !!!!" look on that guys face LOL

Going quote myself from here..

Isn't this the way it is with ALL higher level IN WIN cases?? Usually an unique, interesting case with major flaws, or, when they actually get it mostly correct, outrageously expensive!!

For some reason, after viewing the YT video, I thought of this case which had an mechanically driven door that could open and shut at a touch of a button but, over time, there were many reports that the door stopped working correctly.

I5_DKw.jpg

This IN WIN case doesn't particularly look all that rugged. I wonder how many "push of the buttons" it is rated for? And what a pain to fix if something broke. It does look handy during the building process and for someone who upgrades their gear quite a bit.

Another interesting, unique and limited production experiment from IN WIN that is somehow tragically flawed in either price and/or design!! I do like IN WIN's thinking outside the box and at least trying to get different things out in the market!!

The panel seams look like garbage. It's not like it's a sleeper case that becomes Optimus Prime. It's this rickety pile of metal with 3/4" seams everywhere that you are waiting on to do something amazing, but then just pulls back its hands to say "peek a boo."

That Intel CPU Space Capsule box was smoother than this...and it was meant to be thrown away. ;)
Make that a smoother motion and it charge $500-600 it would be worth it.

I was just working on a printer 10 minutes a go.. I pushed a button the paper lowered and opened the drawer. I thought.. man that would be cool if my case could do that.. two thumb screws is just too [H]ard work with.... then i saw this.. i'll take the screws thank you.

Very cool looking but if you have cats or kids.. yeah screwed

Needs to be way more smooth in adjusting. Looks like it worked like crap to me...

Mrmm, I was thinking: being able to control it via software. Then someone could hack the machine and tell it to transform and annoy the crap out of you. :D

Mrmm, I was thinking: being able to control it via software. Then someone could hack the machine and tell it to transform and annoy the crap out of you. :D

that sounds about right ... I also agree with what someone said above about kids pressing the button. My grandson (who turns 2 in October) would have the motor worn out in a couple of days.

The panel seams look like garbage. It's not like it's a sleeper case that becomes Optimus Prime. It's this rickety pile of metal with 3/4" seams everywhere that you are waiting on to do something amazing, but then just pulls back its hands to say "peek a boo."

I think the huge seams are there by aesthetic design....but I agree, its not impressive at all. I'd rather have the "transformation" be a lot smoother and, once complete, have a motherboard tray that rests in a locked, support position so that I don't have to worry about breaking anything when I'm replacing parts, like RAM, which requires quite a bit of downward pressure. That case looks like the MB just pivots on a plastic arm and is held upright by the motor....doesn't seem like a good idea...but I'm no engineer.

How long after release until someone mods one into a Portal turret case, every time you shut it down "are you still there?"

I'd rather have the "transformation" be a lot smoother and, once complete, have a motherboard tray that rests in a locked, support position so that I don't have to worry about breaking anything when I'm replacing parts, like RAM, which requires quite a bit of downward pressure. That case looks like the MB just pivots on a plastic arm and is held upright by the motor....doesn't seem like a good idea...but I'm no engineer.

Agreed, it looks flimsy as hell.

I see the "point" of this but ultimately it's not that hard to remove a couple of thumbscrews and put the PC on it's side to work on.

If very thin speakers could be put in the extendable parts it could make for a nice way to all in one system + sound.

Other then the show off factor does it do anything by opening up?

If very thin speakers could be put in the extendable parts it could make for a nice way to all in one system + sound.

Other then the show off factor does it do anything by opening up?

Maybe the production version plays an mp3 file of a laugh track whenever you push the button and realize just how much money you spent on a case that doesn't appear to offer anything other than a complicated method to access the internal components.

It's way too jerky to look cool(reminds me of some animatronics from chuck e. cheese in the 1980's), it's a feature most people will rarely use(there are better solutions for people who are constantly changing components like in a test bed or something), it'll be hilarious if it breaks when you finally need to open the thing up to change something actually important.

Maybe if I lived in the world of a cheese early 90's hacker movie?

Back