ASUS GTX460 1024MB $119.99 After MIR

Hot price. Bet it will OOS by afternoon. Thanks; I was all set to pay an AR price in this range for a 768/SE.

Last edited:
I too got a 768 just 2 weeks ago. But I got a great deal, so I'm okay with it :D Our 768s are easily OCed as well.

I was going to wait for the gtx 6 series cards but I splurged on 2 of these. Thanks!

this is a fantastic deal. these cards are known to be great overclockers too.

Yep, afternoon OOS as expected lol. Got one, but went OOS before I could decide if I wanted to pick a 2nd for SLI.

It's deals like this that make me glad I have to wake up early for my job. The lack of sleep and caffeine addiction will probably cancel out the cost savings of this card over the years, though.

word, right when I clicked add to cart it gave me an error. Then I refreshed and they said OOS lmao.

Glad it's gone as I was really tempted to buy one. Must spend money on the other hobby right now.

I'm glad it's OOS too. I certainly don't "need" another videocard, but with this price I was coming up with sorts of outlandish reasons why I should get one (or two).:D

No notify when in stock option; so my guess is that these have been discontinued. I thought about biting but the reviews mentioned quite a few doa/short lives with poor support from asus; and i've been holding out for a 6950. Hum... time will tell if good/bad decision.

Was a nice price ...

Ugh, now that it's back in stock I don't know if I just want to pony up more money for the cooling on the MSI Cyclone. ><

lol, I've added these to my cart 3 times today trying to decide myself. do i really NEED to get two of these for black ops and wow? probably not. I want a new mountain bike too, but , , , come ON $300 is nothing. stupid logic.

Hm. This is tempting. You guys think anything will come near the price/performance soon?

probably not. 2 in SLI are neck and neck in many benchmarks with a GTX580 for $200 less.

Eh, I went ahead and bit. I kept comparing it to the 6850 and it seems to only fall behind in power consumption. Yay new video cards!

Also, that "extra" $50 for the cooling could probably go into running shoes. I need some new ones. :/

What about just single card?

If you're playing at 1080p or below you'd likely be fine in most instances with this card I would think. I would imagine that its a pretty good little overclocker too given the heatsink on this card.

Ugh, now that it's back in stock I don't know if I just want to pony up more money for the cooling on the MSI Cyclone. ><

Eh, I went ahead and bit. I kept comparing it to the 6850 and it seems to only fall behind in power consumption. Yay new video cards!

Also, that "extra" $50 for the cooling could probably go into running shoes. I need some new ones. :/

this will cool just as well, if not better than the cyclone. it's common for people to overclock this ASUS card pretty damn high (900Mhz+ in some cases)

What about just single card?

If you're playing at 1080p or below you'd likely be fine in most instances with this card I would think. I would imagine that its a pretty good little overclocker too given the heatsink on this card.

i agree with TYoda. when i had a single card it performed extremely well at 1920x1080. slap an OC on it and achieve stock GTX 470 performance level.

Yeah, mine died within a week of use, and it took another week to get RMA approval, and I still dont have it back yet.

If a specialty model like this goes for $120, I predict vanilla models blowing out for $100 - $110AR soon. Hopefully we'll have new P67 boards to buy by then.

Alright I bit for the gf's machine. Don't think you'll see anything comparable for a bit.

Thank you to whomever canceled their orders!

I snagged 2 when they briefly showed up back in stock this afternoon. Used a $25 off coupon as well. My 4850 would have died trying to feed my u3011 that's in transit. This deal could not have come at a better time. /happy

:D

I don't NEED another card but just about bought one anyway. I don't think there will be a better $120 card anytime soon.

I currently have the GTX260 192SP.. Was this worth it? I jumped on it without checking the benchmarks..

I'm upgrading from a 216SP GTX 260 and from the research I have done its well worth it. Should be performance similar to GTX260 SLI without all the sli problems (this is what I was told here on the forums when looking into going sli).

Back