ASUS GTX 980 Strix LED Control

psymastr

n00b
I recently bought the Asus GTX 980 Strix and its been performing really well. I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the bright white LEDs next to the power connectors on the card. I keep my PC in my bedroom and they are lighting up my entire room at night! For now I am turning off the power supply of the PC but I usually charge devices via my PCs USB ports at night, so I would rather leave the mobo power on.

Any ideas on how to turn the lights off?

Turn off the computer and use this. No I don't have a clue how to turn it off, if you can.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Those are the pci-e power indicators and as far as I know there's no software setting to disable them. They are the same on the 970 strix as well. Your best bet is to cover them up with electrical tape (as mentioned) if you don't like them. I actually put a towel over my pc when it's off (that covers the side window) because our cats love to sit on it - so that's another option I guess.

Yeah thanks for the tips. I guess electrical tape will be my only option. I contacted asus support about possibly adding LED control to a new firmware update, and they said due to the board design the LEDs aren't controlled via firmware. Bummer.

I never did understand putting extremely bright LEDs on electronics with no option to dim or disable. It's like the modems/switches that have those ultra-bright blue LEDs that light up the entire room at night...silly.

* Sorry misread the post.

[strike=]Does the Geforce Experience LED Visualizer control not work on the Asus card for some reason? You can turn the led off, make ir pulse, change depending on load, blah blah. Unless you are wanting to do something totally different?[/s]

Last edited:
Does the Geforce Experience LED Visualizer control not work on the Asus card for some reason? You can turn the led off, make ir pulse, change depending on load, blah blah. Unless you are wanting to do something totally different?

The light is there to tell the user when the power is correctly connected. It isn't an ornamental logo LED like GeForce Experience controls (though it would be cool if it was)

I apologize for misreading it then. Ignore my post and carry on.

The light is there to tell the user when the power is correctly connected. It isn't an ornamental logo LED like GeForce Experience controls (though it would be cool if it was)

Back