ASUS Displays a Full Range of Z87 Motherboards

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS announces a full lineup of motherboards featuring Intel’s® latest Z87 chipset for 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processors. An industry leading collection of motherboards from the ASUS (mainstream), Republic of Gamers (ROG), The Ultimate Force (TUF), and WS (workstation) series offer the best user experience, performance, reliability and upgrade options on the Intel® Z87 platform.

“ASUS possesses the best research and development expertise, and as always we are confident that we offer our customers the finest quality with these new motherboards. We’re including a variety of media-praised exclusive features with each model, and are proud to announce that we have the most comprehensive Z87 motherboard launch lineup, all available simultaneously”, commented Jackie Hsu, Corporate Vice President and General Manager of Worldwide Sales, ASUS Open Platform Business Group.

Completely redesigned ASUS Series motherboards. ASUS-branded motherboards introduce a new premium color scheme while delivering the highest standards of innovation, performance, and reliability. Multiple offerings include a wide range of customer segments, led by the high-end Z87-DELUXE, which delivers a wide variety of advanced features and connectivity options. The Z87-A targets mainstream builds with incredible performance while offering exclusive ASUS features. Additional models include the Z87-PRO and Z87-PLUS motherboards that provide enhanced features and performance in their target segments. The Z87I-DELUXE offers best-in-class options, design and performance in a remarkable mini-ITX design. The Z87 WS provides workstation reliability and feature sets for professional design and content creation applications.

ASUS introduces their next generation Dual Intelligent Processors 4 with 4-Way Optimization technology that integrates new features to enhance the ways customers manage their PC for improved gaming, entertainment, and productivity performance. The TPU performance tuning chip, EPU energy consumption manager, DIGI+ Power Control, and Fan Xpert 2 can all be activated with one click of the mouse. This exclusive 4-way optimization automatically enhances performance, optimizes energy efficiency and digital power management, while adjusting case fan operation for reduced noise and improved cooling. When users are away from the PC, this design intelligently shifts to Away Mode, allowing customers to download and stream content or backup data with minimal power draw.

That gold is atrocious, reminds me of those rappers with gold teeth.

Hmm I wonder if the black x8 slot on the Extreme is independent of the red ones. Need a board with adequate spacing and somewhere to slot in my STX without nerfing the SLI lanes. The Hero looks ok for this by the look of things, but all that extra juice on the Extreme is too tempting.

Does anyone have the feature list the Z87? What exactly are the features of the new intel chipset?

I will say my GF's z77 board loads ultra fast without any issues whatsoever as where my X79 board sometimes takes forever to shut and or load at times.

Just noticed there are no PCI slots on any of these boards.

Finally. :)

I'm mostly curious about the cheaper boards... and how well they can handle OCing Haswell.

I think Z87 is feature identical with Z77, though it may offer Thunderbolt as standard, I don't see any more USB3 ports or any additional PCI-E lanes over Z77.

Bring back the boring brown boards of yesteryear !!!

P4C800%20Motherboard%20Pic.jpg

If Haswell has integrated voltage regulators, why do all the boards have heatsinks around the CPU?

If Haswell has integrated voltage regulators, why do all the boards have heatsinks around the CPU?

They're additional VRs. Their more basic boards *should* be pretty sparse... will probably equate to them not making ATX low-end boards as everything should easily fit on mATX or mini-itx.

I'm excited seeing a TUF board in the MATX form factor. They should sell the "armor kit" with the board though.

I'm excited seeing a TUF board in the MATX form factor. They should sell the "armor kit" with the board though.

If they do that then the price of the board goes up. Then people will really start bitching.

I think they look sweet in the black and gold. But as it stands don't matter to me, ROG or DIE...

If they do that then the price of the board goes up. Then people will really start bitching.

True enough. I hope they keep the price of the add-on reasonable though, and that they also make sure to keep it available.

Back when I had my Crosshair IV, I think I was one of the few people in the United States to actually have the OC Station accessory, and I had to hunt to find it.

True enough. I hope they keep the price of the add-on reasonable though, and that they also make sure to keep it available.

Back when I had my Crosshair IV, I think I was one of the few people in the United States to actually have the OC Station accessory, and I had to hunt to find it.

ASUS has a good track record of listening to feedback. Both from end users and from guys like myself and Kyle. I've actually communicated similar thoughts to them. Availability of the accessory will be key if they aren't going to include it with the board. This is just my opinion but I don't think they've ruled out the possibility of actually selling a SKU that has it included either. It is my guess that they would if the accessory sells well enough on it's own and such a SKU seems viable.

I'm mostly curious about the cheaper boards... and how well they can handle OCing Haswell.

Look again, bottom center board has TWO PCI slots!

Wow... if I upgrade to haswell, and I go asus as usual... I think i'll have to get rid of the window on my case. I was really enjoying the black/blue theme of the past two generations.

I like to have a PCI slot personally. There are lots of us with modern, and rather high end, soundcards that are PCI based. In fact I quit buying ASUS ROG boards once they dumped the PCI slots off them.

I like to have a PCI slot personally. There are lots of us with modern, and rather high end, soundcards that are PCI based. In fact I quit buying ASUS ROG boards once they dumped the PCI slots off them.

I bet you still run Windows XP too.

Same problem I had last time with the Sabertooth:

I love the armor and fan idea for circulating air on the board.
I hate that it's a tiny, whiny, little fan. Give use a duct or something to stick in a 60mm fan so that we can at least put a quality device on it.

Gryphon has four chassis fan and two CPU fan 4-pin headers. For a mATX board, I'm very happy to see that many. Impressive.

Does anyone have the feature list the Z87? What exactly are the features of the new intel chipset?

A lot of Intel 6Gb/s SATA ports. Finally. Probably more Intel USB 3.0 ports.

I will say my GF's z77 board loads ultra fast without any issues whatsoever as where my X79 board sometimes takes forever to shut and or load at times.

How long before reaching POST? I'm disappointed with my Gene V. I think POST on the X79 is where most time is wasted.

There will be Gryphons with the armoring included - it is up to the reseller what the inventory mix will be (included v. optional). And you are right, Dan - there WILL be some that will gripe over that price difference.

Back