ASUS Bluetooth driver won't install

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
Motherboard is ASUS ROG Strix X670E-A, but I suspect this issue might also affect ASUS Intel motherboards. When I try to run ASUS Setup for the Bluetooth driver, absolutely nothing happens. And then, Windows settings says that Bluetooth is off, and doesn't show me a way to turn it on.

Motherboard is ASUS ROG Strix X670E-A, but I suspect this issue might also affect ASUS Intel motherboards. When I try to run ASUS Setup for the Bluetooth driver, absolutely nothing happens. And then, Windows settings says that Bluetooth is off, and doesn't show me a way to turn it on.
Same for the LAN and WiFI drivers supplied by ASUS. This Windows was installed with an AMD X570 chipset board, and then the NVMe drive was moved into the current motherboard. LAN has worked since this motherboard was first booted up, unlike the Bluetooth. Haven't tested out WiFi yet.

Last edited:
Why did you quote yourself, in the very next post?

Have you checked that it is enabled in the BIOS? Usually there is a switch somewhere in there that enables / disables Wifi and Bluetooth. Wifi and Bluetooth are usually on the same module, so if Wifi is also not working, then its either disabled or there is an issue with it.

Reactions: -zax-
like this
Might have to run the Asus installs as an administrator.

From what I can tell, the Wifi and BT are two separate chips. Wifi is AMD and BT is Intel. You can always grab the Intel driver from Intel's download center if you want.

I had a similar issue with an Intel WiFi/BT module on my son's Assus mobo that would not work no matter what I did with the drivers, the ones that came from the mobo's installer nor the one from Intel's downloads site...so assuming the module itself was bad, I replaced it with a new but identical one, and the same thing happened.

So just said screw it it & got a USB dongle, plugged it in and guess what.... the prompt to install the intel drivers popped up again, but then refused to install, so I disabled the module in device manager & rebooted thinking that would surely fix things, but still could not get anywhere, so I just physically removed the module altogether, plugged in the dongle again, and wahlah, instant WiFi & BT !

I never did figure out exactly what the issue was, but after going thru the above and countless emails back & forth with Assus, I just stopped caring, threw out the bad module & returned the other one :D

For some reason with that motherboard, Asus lists both AMD and Intel drivers, for Wifi.

I wonder if some of the boards ship with AMD wifi and some with Intel. Maybe try the Intel drivers?

Back