Asus 5.1 Xonar DG $5.34 AR

Wow, that's an awesome deal. The DG is a great little card, I got it for $15 or so. If you use a 3.5mm headset, this is amazing...dedicated headphone amp + Dolby Headphone. If you use speakers alone, it's not the best card ever, but it's definitely better than onboard. Plus, for $5 it's hard to go wrong.

Would only be better if it were PCI-e x1.\

EDIT: Looks like the deal is kinda dead. There's an MIR if you buy only from Amazon, but it seems to be out of stock (or at least it says "Ships in 2-4 weeks")

Update: back on Amazon backordered for $9.99 AR. MIR is good until the 31st and it says "all resellers", so I'll just keep an eye out for it to show up cheap again.

I found the rebate through the xonar DS listing. It wasn't showing Amazon as the seller on the DG and there is no way afaik to switch the seller product page. And now the $5 AR is no longer available :(

$23 AR shipped at Newegg (+)Was $15

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This card is amazing if you have headphones. It's a must-buy unless you're moving into the $150-$200 audio card territory or if you must have 7.1 or PCI-E.

would be interested in buying one of these from someone who got in, looks like deal is dead now

Back