ASUS 0d Debug Code

WhenKittensATK

Limp Gawd
  • AMD 5800X3D
  • ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Latest Bios Ver 4501)
  • G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x 8 GB DDR4 3600 (F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC)
  • EVGA 3080 Ti
  • Corsair 750 W
  • Windows 11
I think my computer froze while playing a game or just web browsing. I got a debug code error related to the hard drive. I reseated the SSD and now I get debug code 0d. Out of ideas other than starting to swap components. I still got a warranty on the CPU and RAM. A bit perplexed on what should be replaced. I'm guessing the motherboard since it won't work with dual channel. I've read some other users replacing the CPU fixed this for them.

Troubleshooting Steps:

• Reseat all hardware and cables (no post with two RAM sticks)
  • Removed all USB devices, GPU, SSDs (no post with two RAM sticks)
  • Removed one RAM Stick and tested both sticks (This will post and boot into Windows)
  • Tried other RAM slots in dual channel (no post)
  • Loosen CPU HSF brackets, but no signs of deformed/bending PCB
  • Updated BIOS to latest

Try memtest86 on each stick alone. If they pass, I'd think towards the cpu (integrated memory controller) losing a channel, or more likely, the motherboard.

0D is RAM training error. You say you will boot into Windows with one RAM stick installed, and you tested the slot pairs for dual channel. Did you test each RAM slot individually? It could be that one of the slots is not working. I had a motherboard that I scored with a screwdriver that cause one RAM slot to die, and that was enough to have dual channel disabled in either configuration to include the pair with the remaining good slot.

Other than that, it could be something wrong with the CPU or CPU socket. I'd do a visual inspection of the pins to see if there is any discoloration.

Back