Assassin's Creed

Arch

Gawd
Just got Assassin's Creed for Christmas on the Xbox 360. I must say, its a pretty entertaining game. I just made it to the second city, Acre. I never saw many threads on this, is anyone actually playing this game?

Just got Assassin's Creed for Christmas on the Xbox 360. I must say, its a pretty entertaining game. I just made it to the second city, Acre. I never saw many threads on this, is anyone actually playing this game?

We all got tired of being able to hit X X X X X X X X X X X over and over to kill everything w/o issue and doing the same 5 quests over and over.

But it is a pretty amazing looking game.

I would be if I hadn't had my 360 die on me. And quite frankly, no, the killing hasn't gotten old yet. It's amazingly fun IMHO. :)

I bought assassins creed along with uncharted, ran home, loaded up assassin's creed played about 15 minutes of it got bored and played all the way through uncharted. I don't know what it was but assassin's creed just wasn't as "fun" as all the reviews made it out to be. Uncharted on the other hand was pretty fun the whole way through.

I bought assassins creed along with uncharted, ran home, loaded up assassin's creed played about 15 minutes of it got bored and played all the way through uncharted. I don't know what it was but assassin's creed just wasn't as "fun" as all the reviews made it out to be. Uncharted on the other hand was pretty fun the whole way through.

Uhh, 15 minutes huh? You don't get to do anything in the first 15 minutes of the game. Maybe you should keep playing it a little more eh?

Uhh, 15 minutes huh? You don't get to do anything in the first 15 minutes of the game. Maybe you should keep playing it a little more eh?

I basically did the same thing. I bought Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed. After about 2 days of playing Mass Effect, I opened up AC and played for roughly 15 mins before I went back to Mass Effect. Something just didn't seem right but I'm sure I'll check it out again considering I did pay like $60 for it.

I basically did the same thing. I bought Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed. After about 2 days of playing Mass Effect, I opened up AC and played for roughly 15 mins before I went back to Mass Effect. Something just didn't seem right but I'm sure I'll check it out again considering I did pay like $60 for it.

well I just beat the game yesterday and I found it very entertaining. I have the PS3 version so there is no reason for me to go back and find all the flags and kill all the templars but I guess I could. The game was very repetitive though. There really are no challenging fights except for when there are great numbers against you. the really unfortunate thing is that even the Bosses are not any more difficult than the scrubs. Just remember to counter kill them with the hidden blade and you will finish it quite easily.

Just bought it today for PS3.

Best Buy has it on sale for $37.99 right now.

I bought my copy online with the in-store pick up option. With this option, if they don't get the product into your hand within one minute of you showing them your order confirmation, they knock off $10.

The girl at the customer service booth brought me the XBOX 360 version of the game first.

Got $10 knocked off and paid a total of $30 for a game originally going for $60.

Not too shabby!

i liked it, but yes after you have done about 3 major assinations its pretty much the same thing. it is fun to run around the city roofs and plan out your assinations though. i felt that it was released early and a lot of features that would have made it more interesting were dropped.

So far I'm having a good time with it. I've only done the first assassination so maybe I'm not far enough in it to get frustrated with the controls. I did one battle which seemed like an endless stream of guards. I did the counter-kill each time, which was easy for sure, but still entertaining.

Personally I prefer games that are more entertaining then ridiculously difficult. I get more satisfaction making easy progress than banging my head against the wall on some level I can't get past.

^^ Haha ps3 freezing? Anyways I rented the game, I am just finishing the game right now. It gets pretty boring, doing the samething over and over and over again. If I bought the game I would regret it.

I've beat it, but gone back to find some acheivements when I get bored of any other game I'm playing. The combat is pretty awesome in it, when engaged I will try to take any of my enemies to the roof tops (which is oddly quite easy, they will often climb walls like you, so you ain't too special) and try to knock them off or throw them off while countering where I can.

Still plugging away on this. Played an hour and a half last night. Finally figured out the hidden assassin blade (some how I missed this before, doh!). I was running around Acre and these beggers kept coming up to me asking for coins. Finally I got fed up and took one of them out right there in the middle of a busy square. Blended away into the crowd. Nice.

I got it for christmas and so far have been enjoying the small amount of playtime i've gotten into it. The only real annoying thing is the guards getting pissed at you for running on your horse. Have to blend past them is a pain so i end up just running them down :p

Still plugging away on this. Played an hour and a half last night. Finally figured out the hidden assassin blade (some how I missed this before, doh!). I was running around Acre and these beggers kept coming up to me asking for coins. Finally I got fed up and took one of them out right there in the middle of a busy square. Blended away into the crowd. Nice.

Grab and throw them instead. You'll get an achievement after you do it 20 times.

I've heard that the beginning of Assassin's Creed isn't that great. I played a little of it at a friend's place and am looking forward to playing through it myself. Except for the beginning (which is a little long), I hear it is alot of fun.

Grab and throw them instead. You'll get an achievement after you do it 20 times.

Didn't know that. I had resorted to just punching them in the face, that worked also. I start tossing them around. I was hoping once I got into the Rich District that there wouldn't be any poor folks running around, alas, no such luck.

I rented this game yesterday, and I am loving it. I can see that it's repetitive, but something about the gameplay is new and different to me. The graphics are amazing. I normally play racing or FPS games, so it's nice to find a game with a different pace to it as well.

doing the run to the cities the first time is a bit tedious.

also, see http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...uation/2694-Zero-Punctuation-Assassin-s-Creed

That was pretty well hilarious.

Now... to add something more constructive to the thread... I got this game for christmas, and I must say, I am enjoying the hell out of it. The fighting is a bit repetitive, but the whole free-running aspect is fun, as is planning out the assassinations. Also, trying to just make why way to hard to get places is fun too. It makes for a nice throwback to POP... and also reminds me a bit of crackdown. All in all, I like it. I don't know how much replay value it will have, but for now, it's a blast.

Played through a little more this evening. When I started I was doing every event in the city. I've given that up, too much of the same stuff, save this citizen, pick this pocket, blah. Now I just get the three pieces of information needed and head over to the assassination target. I guess I don't spend enough time planning as many of them end up in all out brawls until I kill the guy I need.

I shall take more time with the next one to see what I can pull off.

I really liked Assassin's Creed. It took me awhile to really get into it though. For the first couple hours I was a little frustrated and not sure I liked it. But I kept on playing and was hooked. The combat gets pretty good as you get further into it. The enemies get better and you have to use some strategy. Also, the challenge is to try and not get into big fights. You want to be a silent Assassin, not a warrior.

I'm not sure which system you are playing it on. But, on 360 there is achievements that require you to get into big fights. You can play how you like obviously, but the combat is brilliant and made to be as fun as it is... with or without guards surrounding you :D

Idk if anyone saw but theres an update that came out for AC on ps3 and it makes it not freeze anymore. So its all good, i got AC for 37.99 and i got ut3 and cod4 for christmas all for ps3 and they are all great games, espically AC i knew it was gonna be good, but i had a little doubt because ign, but fuck them its an awesome came, and mass effect sucks the biggest balls in the whole world! the shot gun has better accuracy and more power than the sniper!? Wtf! and sniping is worse than killzone sniping, hahaha. But its true, and very sad.:D:eek:

PS3 version here.
I had the chance to play this a little on my bro's 50in hdtv.

Which was awesome, by the way. The game looked awesome. I didn't go through much of the story just getting to Damascus (spelling?). I kept trying to leap off a building and stab a guard in the neck with my hidden blade, but to no avail. I definitely joined the game and while the repetitiveness might be there with the assassinations. I felt I could have a lot of fun just running around, killing guards and climbing everything.

I especially liked throwing the guards off the roofs and hearing them scream.

Back