Assassin's Creed Movie World Premiere Trailer

HardOCP News

[H] News
Aside from the totally out of place music, this Assassin's Creed trailer actually looks like the movie might be decent. Michael Fassbender is a great actor and the original games had great story lines so it definitely has those things going for it. Thoughts?

Looks like it may not be a great movie, but will entertain if you are a fan of the series. Didn't play them much, but from what I understand of them they seem to be very faithful to the source.

I'm more hyped for this than any Assassin's Creed game released since Brotherhood. I also have a man-crush on Michael Fassbender :love:.

DUUUUUUDE!

mind blown. i love michael fassbender. hopefully this is good. it would be the first "good" movie based on a game in....a long time.

Am I the only one who thought the trailer was horribly put together? I'm still interested in seeing the movie, but from a narrative standpoint I thought the trailer was clumsy as hell, and anyone who's not familiar with Assassin's Creed is probably giving it a big ol' WTF? Plus, the music choice was HORRIBLE. It should have either been orchestral, or something more rock-infused *maybe*.

I remember watching Prince of Persia:Sands of Time. Seemed to be decent, watched it several times. If this movie goes at least to the same level, should be worth watching once it comes out on Netflix or RedBox.

The one thing I kinda "twitched" at was the "welcome to the Spanish inquisition bit", if this would be the first game with Desmond and Altair it should have been "welcome to the Crusades" more properly. Inquisition isn't really until earliest about 14th century and really more 15th century, the Third Crusade (time of the first game) was in the early 1100's.

Last edited:
Kayne? Srsly. WTF. as far as the movies goes all those action teasers, sweet baby cheeses! Totally going to watch it. That and I am a fan of AC.

The one thing I kinda "twitched" at was the "welcome to the Spanish inquisition bit", if this would be the first game with Desmond and Altair it should have been "welcome to the Crusades" more properly. Inquisition isn't really until earliest about 14th century and really more 15th century, the Third Crusade (time of the first game) was in the early 1100's.
Who the hell said this was based directly on any of the games? It's exploring a different region and time than any of the other games, an in my opinion that is a good thing.

Who the hell said this was based directly on any of the games? It's exploring a different region and time than any of the other games, an in my opinion that is a good thing.
If you look at the movie it looks as if it is set in the first game, directly.

Hmm, when I saw the picture, I thought it was Jason Statham and then I read Michael Fassbender. I like both actors but Statham is familiar with martial arts which I think would have been a better fit with the character. Heh. Anyway, I'm still looking forward to this movie.

Am I the only one who thought the trailer was horribly put together? I'm still interested in seeing the movie, but from a narrative standpoint I thought the trailer was clumsy as hell, and anyone who's not familiar with Assassin's Creed is probably giving it a big ol' WTF? Plus, the music choice was HORRIBLE. It should have either been orchestral, or something more rock-infused *maybe*.

I'm going to a massive disagree on the music choice. I thought it was a damn good choice and made the trailer pretty damn exciting.

Then again.....I'm in the minority on the internet in that I'm not a Kanye West hater. He actually does make good music.

So are you saying you didn't expect it?

So they take a series that has the best chance of going from video game into movie format and not being trash (even if unlikely), and combine it with the shittiest imaginable music...I mean seriously, the music doesn't even remotely match the setting.

Guess we can go ahead and write this one off as yet another shitty game movie.

So they take a series that has the best chance of going from video game into movie format and not being trash (even if unlikely), and combine it with the shittiest imaginable music...I mean seriously, the music doesn't even remotely match the setting.

Lol, wow man....over react much?

An entire movie's tone/plot is very rarely accurately portrayed in trailers but you go ahead and act like the angry person you are.

I bet you think Suicide Squad is going to actually feature Ballroom Blitz and Bohemian Rhapsody in the movie :rolleyes:

That looks awesome. Damn good. I'm not a fan of the games that much (I've played them, so I know the general story), but that looks like it'll be a great movie.

It does remind me of Source Code a bit. Just different times.

Star Trek Beyond trailer had loud music and people were bitching about that. I'm sure there have been many other trailers with obnoxious music that people didn't care for that didn't affect the movie itself at all.

It's to appeal to a mass audience to get people excited to watch the movie.

I hope the music choice was selected for the trailer by the terrible ad agency, and not the director for the film. The story in the first few creeds where top notch sci fi with out being a laser and space suit affair. I hope the movie isn't trash, this trailer doesn't convince me of that. Hopeful this trailer speaks more to the movies terrible advertising budget then Justin Kurzel finished film.

Aside from the obnoxious music, I'm impressed. As someone who enjoys the games including the overarching storyline, I'm...surprisingly impressed. With the possible exception of the Animus machine itself , which was always depicted as a chair or bed in the games to date, much of what was shown was absolutely on point. Admittedly from that one quick cut, it showed the "present" Fassbender character shooting a bow while connected to the Animus, so it seems like they were testing the "bleeding effect" mentioned in the games frequently, that people can basically learn their anscestor's skills through time in the Animus. I really like that they're picking an entirely new hero for Fassbender to play and the Spanish Inquisition is a new setting hinted, but never shown in the games to date. This to me is very preferable to retelling the "Desmond Miles" story from the start. The only way they could go wrong at this point is if Fassbender's character is named "Desmond Miles", but if they don't make that colossal blunder, I'd be interested to know where and when this Abstergo project is taking place in the context of the rest of the game timeline and universe.

If they can tie it into the rest of the universe, not retread or fumble any of the plot points that have been covered in the games/comics/novels etc.. they have the potential to make a new entry to the continuity that those familiar with the games will see as a welcome addition if done right, not a forgettable reboot or film flop. It they pull this off and the Warcraft movie is on point, that will be two major video game movie adaptations that have the potential to break the mold.

Lol, wow man....over react much?

An entire movie's tone/plot is very rarely accurately portrayed in trailers but you go ahead and act like the angry person you are.

I bet you think Suicide Squad is going to actually feature Ballroom Blitz and Bohemian Rhapsody in the movie :rolleyes:

Has nothing to do with anger and everything to do with the fact that the music doesn't match the trailer or what it is about in the slightest. As for your silly example, even if those songs aren't featured in suicide squad, at the very least they match the movie. In this case the music couldn't be further from assassins creed if it tried. It was simply god awful noise.

That said, I've always maintained the stance that any movie based on a video game has always been absolute garbage. This just doesn't look like it will be breaking that trend.

Regarding music choices (and even editing choices), most film production crews don't cut their own trailers, 3rd party trailer production companies do, sometimes multiple companies even do multiple trailers depending on which audience they're trying to advertise to. So yes, that song was pretty jarring but this aired during Jimmy Kimmel, didn't it? The long form trailers are normally cut by someone involved in production, so hold out a bit and see what they do...

So are you saying you didn't expect it?
spanish-inquisition.jpg

Has nothing to do with anger and everything to do with the fact that the music doesn't match the trailer or what it is about in the slightest. As for your silly example, even if those songs aren't featured in suicide squad, at the very least they match the movie. In this case the music couldn't be further from assassins creed if it tried. It was simply god awful noise.

That said, I've always maintained the stance that any movie based on a video game has always been absolute garbage. This just doesn't look like it will be breaking that trend.

The interesting thing is that you don't know if that really is the tone of Suicide Squad because the movie isn't even out yet. In fact, there has been news that they have done reshoots specifically to accurately portray the tone of the trailers and not mislead audiences.

My only real point is that you're judging the movie way too early. And on something as trivial as the music it's set to, no less. I haven't played any AC game after AC3 (when the story actually ended and they didn't pump out games as money grabs) but if there is a game that can be done in movie form it's definitely this series. Ubisoft has been heavily involved in the production to so my guess is that their story writing talents have assisted here.

I'm optimistic and this trailer proves that it may very well be a worthwhile movie, game adaptation or not.

Trailer would've been fine if they hadn't mucked it up with Kanye Kardashian trash.

Trailer would've been fine if they hadn't mucked it up with Kanye Kardashian trash.
Hate to admit it, but I agree. I watched the remix trailer posted above and I got even more excited, even though it was the same content otherwise.

to be honest when they are made the way this one is it's usually a good sign for the actual movie.. if they're having to put every single action scene into a trailer to make it sound interesting then you know it's complete dog crap.

Rewatch this one - with OST

i do agree the original sound track would of been much better. hopefully it's actually used in the movie it's self.

What's wrong with the song? I think it fits the tone of the trailer just fine. He get plugged into the animus and all of a sudden he's a badass assassin.

Works for me.

What's wrong with the song? I think it fits the tone of the trailer just fine. He get plugged into the animus and all of a sudden he's a badass assassin.

Works for me.
Assassins creed has an established art and musical direction. The song clashes with that established direction and doesn't fit "AC" in the least.

If you look at the movie it looks as if it is set in the first game, directly.

They've said flat out that they'll be telling a different story than the ones told in the video games, but I believe it's supposed to be set in the same continuity.

Back