Asrock B450M PRO4 boot loop

Just put together my first build in years. Of course it doesn't go as planned. Boot loops every 30 seconds. Sounds like a jet engine with the corsair maglev fans at 100%. No video signal. No beeps.

ASRock B450M pro4 microatx
Ryzen 2600
2x8gb 3000mhz ram
Rtx 2080
Seasonic 650w platinum

So I've tried removing everything and "breadboarding" it but still the same. With only cpu, hsf, 8 pin cpu power, and 24pin mobo power it bootloops. If I remove the 8pin cpu power it actually stops bootlooping, but it still sits there with no video signal and 100% fans. Tried rtx 2080 as well as a loaner graphics card on either of my two pcie sockets. No video. RAM one stick two stick any slot no dice. Clear cmos pulling battery no dice.

I suspect it's a bad motherboard. Don't know what else to think. Several other people on the internet seem to have similar problems with asrock boards.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8545&title=no-post-and-boot-loop-with-asrock-ab350m-pro4

sounds like an issue with the board or the bios being messed up.. currently using that board in a secondary system with a 2600x. only other thing i can think of is make sure you have the cpu fan plugged into the cpu fan header and not the aux cpu fan header, could be a default safety setting due to not detecting the fan. but yeah i agree it's probably the board.. it's a good board though if you're able to get a working one.

Second on checking the RAM. Running a B450 at home and it's the first board is MANY years that gave a crap what memory I was using.

I think I have the same problem. It took multiple tries and ram stick swapping to get windows installed at the beginning without it rebooting for no reason to it running fine for roughly 12 days then it rebooted on its own and now after swapping everything but the cpu and motherboard it just goes so far, it might get to desktop but then it reboots almost instantly(usually it doesn't get that far) and does not get back to the same spot each time. It will run memtest all night though. I don't know if that rules out the memory being bad for sure.

It could be neither set of memory is on the QVL but they both past memtest with no errors in the Pro4. But as far as I can tell microcenter doesn't sell any memory that is on the QVL which makes me think they must have a lot of problems with the Pro4 if so.

So I am going to take it back to microcenter and see if they will exchange it, of course I am two days past the 14 day return period or see what they say about the memory or if they know of a fix.

Just put together my first build in years. Of course it doesn't go as planned. Boot loops every 30 seconds. Sounds like a jet engine with the corsair maglev fans at 100%. No video signal. No beeps

Sounds like it is trying to train the RAM, but cannot (compatible?). At the first power up and boot this is what you will get. After training some of the steps are skipped, and can be skipped more in the EFI settings. If I power off my system at the PSU and then power on it will do a short retrain and if I do the same with new RAM it will do the same but longer in time due to new timings training.

Back