ASRock A780Fulldisplayport problems...

Snappshoota

[H]ard|Gawd
Well I bought this mobo on thursday

Was trying to get it up and running with, AMD x2 4800+ , 1gb stick of rendition DDR2, 80 gb WD IDE HDD, and a Antec earthwatts 430.

Plug everything in, power it up and bios loads, detects everything. So I throw a copy of windows in the cheap lite on dvd rom, load into bios change to boot to cd. Restart, and this is where the hell begins.. After restart I have no video from the onboard (and no other PCI express card to use) and I notice that the HDD and the Dvd rom dont boot up like normal. Just the CPU fan is spinning.

So I switch off the power Via PSU and let it sit a few. Power back on and video is back, load up windows cd, get through all of the format, and half way through coping system files and the system restarts and no video again....

I install windows with the use of another pc, swap the HDD into the asrock system, load up and brings up windows did not start properly screen. Hit load windows normally and system restarts and back to same screen. I choose safemode and once it gets to drivers/Mup.sys it restarts and goes back to same screen...

Gettin really fed up. between the video only working when it wants to, and not being able to load into windows..... Getting ready to throw the damned thing out the window into my pool..

Any one have any clues??

What do your voltages and temps look like in the BIOS? Antec EA are good supplies, but check anyway. Try different Ram in different slots and make sure it's seated properly. I've had similar problems with bad ram. Watch the post screen when you have video for clues to see if it stalls at the detection of any particular device.

I have used this mainboard too. Installation and such gave no issues, I did have issues with WinXP x64 freezing up (could have been funky drivers...) and in WinXP x64 and regular WinXP I always had 50% (single core 100%) CPU usage. Very strange. The onboard sound solution had lots of crackling as well. I was using an X2 4450e CPU and a Corsair 550 Watt PSU.

I have since replaced this mainboard with a Gigabyte mainboard. I'll give the Asrock board another try soon in another system. Hopefully it'll go smoother this time.

What do your voltages and temps look like in the BIOS? Antec EA are good supplies, but check anyway. Try different Ram in different slots and make sure it's seated properly. I've had similar problems with bad ram. Watch the post screen when you have video for clues to see if it stalls at the detection of any particular device.

Do this.

Your problem is the fact that you went with ASRock. C'mon dude.

Yeah "dude".. Seriously stay outta my thread with your ignorant posts. This is my 4th build with an asrock mobo and never had any problems.

Im kinda getting the impression its this cheapo memory I bought, only thing is i dont have any other to test untill next week.

Voltage and temps are perfectly normal and consistent with what they have been with other mobos with this PSU running them.

SO i guess Ill hold on to the mobo till wensday when my memory and video card come in.

Thanks for the help.

Did you try running memtest? It's on the Ultimate Boot CD (google for it) :)

And my experiences have been 100% positive with all my Asrock-based builds aside from this one board, so I'd hardly call them a bad choice. In fact, my experiences with brands like MSI and Asus have been much, much worse.

Back