ASROCK 939 Dual SATA problem..(keeps asking me to make diskette at boot)

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
Well i just upgraded from a p4 3.0ghz to a X2 4400 and the difference is amazing so far, I havent even installed any of the software that came with the motherboard yet except for 1 thing and now I keep getting a message to make a SATA driver diskette at boot, I dont have a floppy and the only way around this is to hit F11.

What i did to create this problem was when i first put the software cd that came with the mobo i hit the SATA Driver install, ever since then ive gotten this error, Ive tried uninstalling it which still gives me the message at boot.

anyone know about this?

(this is the first thing i did after the fresh install of windows)

not exaclty sure what you are talking about. But you can set your boot options in the bios that will go around it basically doing the same thing as pressing F11. The only reason you would ever need the disk is for a raid config

are you using raid?

if not, bios > boot > disk options (I think) > sata > off > sata II > on (if you use one sata 2 drive)

By default - Windows 'can not' see the SATA II drive. Windows is wanting drivers to boot to because it can't figure out how to talk to the drive. Here is what I did to get XP to boot from the SATA II Drive:
BIOS
1. Set the SATA II drive to be the primary HD in the HD section of the boot screen
2. Go to the IDE settings and set the SATA II drive to IDE mode
3. Boot into windows
Windows:
4. Install the SATA II driver from ASRock's website
5. Reboot
6. Catch the BIOS and set the Drive to run in SATA II mode
7. boot into windows.
The SATA II drive will show as a SCSI drive now.

Hope this helps...

Peace,
Tim

Install the unified drivers from Nvidias web site . 2.20 I think it is do not use that disk anymore . I had troubles with this board. Reformated... still had troubles reformated ...useing only the unified drivers..perfect. OCW has a good bit o knowledge for this board http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=30

I have built 3 pcs from this board. Best bang for your buck..if you still have agp. :rolleyes:

Take your motherboard CD out of the drive. Some of those companies have "make floppy" programs for SATA drivers if you boot off of the CD rather than ship a separate floppy with SATA/RAID drivers.

Try this: Set the SATA II drive to sata. install asrock driver. rightclick mycomputer > manage > disk management. Look for the "unknown" partition, the drive that you want to format. Rightclick > format

Back