Asking for some guidance.

OofC_S7v7N

Gawd
I have a budget up to $2,000 for this purchase.
Obviously if it can be less than $2,000 for what I need that would be awesome!

Computer will be used for gaming, I play all kinds of games Battlefield to LoL to WoW to CS:GO.

Will occasionally stream games on twitch as well so dual monitors would be nice.

Price should include shipping if applicable.

Im looking for a new monitor, as big as I can get with the highest resolution, up to 32"!

Gonna be reusing some parts of my current build, listed below are the parts I will need:
  • Motherboard
  • CPU
  • GPU
  • Memory(if needed)
  • Monitor
  • CPU Cooler
  • Case Fans
  • Windows 8.1 64 Bit

I have 16GB Crucial Kit of DDR3 memory so only need memory if you think X99 build is best.

The case i'm using is Corsair 200R for reference in picking case fans and CPU Cooler.

System is currently using Fractal 750W PSU, although it was used in a litecoin mining rig.
I think it does give me some problems during load situations.

Any options or opinions you feel like giving would be awesome!

I am just so torn and undecided on my options!

Last edited:
Can you link to the exact memory kit? How many/what kind of GPUs were you using where you think the PSU was having issues and why?

I am using two of these kits.

Was using two power color R9 280X when mining using that power supply, ever since then the PSU
has been giving signs and symptoms of failure, albeit it has not failed or died yet.
Just think it is a matter of time!

Please answer the stickied "Answer These Questions First!" So that we can help you better.

Might as well go with an X99 system with the i7 5820k processor.

Suggestions:

MSI X99S XPowerAC (really nice I have it)
i7 5820k
G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws 2800 4x4GB 16GB
Either an Nividia 980 or the MSI 290X Lightning
Corsair HXi 850w PSU

And something like the Samsung or BenQ 32" 2560x1440 monitor.

What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Will be mostly for gaming and streaming.

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Up to $2,000 including everything tax and shipping!

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.

USA Anderson SC

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Motherboard CPU Videocard Monitor

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Case Corsair 200R PSU Fractal 750W OCZ SSD 128GB Agility Western Digital 2TB Black

6) Will you be overclocking?
Mild overclock depending on processor.

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
Would like a new monitor in the budget 1080p is fine but 1440p would be good too.

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
ASAP mine is starting to crash everyday.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
Standard features crossfire or SLI ready.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I do have Win7 64 Bit, but would like Win 8.1 64 Bit to upgrade to

Back