Asking for advice about SFF build.

Haplo_09

n00b
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
29
Hi everybody.
I am planning to upgrade to SFF and woder those with experience can help me decide with the build.

mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128078
how good is it at overclocking?

hard drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148262

processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115052
I wonder will it be overclockable with above mentioned motherboard.

memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122
is it good for oclocking or do you have better ideas?

Also, what is the most efficient CPU cooler one can fit into this type of http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144109

I have build SSF 3 years ago, but things changed since then.
 
The motherboard is semi-decent for overclocking. Just don't expect too much. At the very least you should be able to get a 3.0Ghz OC with the E7200.

The G.Skill RAM is just fine. Excellent choice even.

I'd spend the extra $2 for an extra 70GB of storage and potentially Raptor-like performance:
Western Digital WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - $62

Oh and if you're planning on keeping that Apevia case, DO NOT USE THE INCLUDED POWER SUPPLY! Apevia makes some of the shittiest PSUs in the world. If you want a dead system, use that Apevia PSU. Otherwise get a quality PSU. I recommend this PSU:
Corsair 450VX 450W PSU - $70

Oh and if you don't feel like paying for a PSU that you won't use at all (the Apevia), get this case instead:
Silverstone SUGO SG02W-F White mATX Case - $75

Are you gaming on this system? If so, what graphics card will you be using?
 
actually I have chenming, which slightly different desing and better PSU..
but thanks for advice. Also, any ideas about alternative motherborads that have better overclocking options.

Oh and yea I plan to do some gaming with asus HD 4850 .
 
The motherboard is semi-decent for overclocking. Just don't expect too much. At the very least you should be able to get a 3.0Ghz OC with the E7200.

The G.Skill RAM is just fine. Excellent choice even.

I'd spend the extra $2 for an extra 70GB of storage and potentially Raptor-like performance:
Western Digital WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - $62

Oh and if you're planning on keeping that Apevia case, DO NOT USE THE INCLUDED POWER SUPPLY! Apevia makes some of the shittiest PSUs in the world. If you want a dead system, use that Apevia PSU. Otherwise get a quality PSU. I recommend this PSU:
Corsair 450VX 450W PSU - $70

Oh and if you don't feel like paying for a PSU that you won't use at all (the Apevia), get this case instead:
Silverstone SUGO SG02W-F White mATX Case - $75

Are you gaming on this system? If so, what graphics card will you be using?

I can vouch for the WD 320GB. Those hard drives have excellent performance and I am 100% satisfied with mine. They are also near silent. I have a 1TB one in my external enclosure and compared to those 320GB ones I hate it. Very noisy when read/writing.

I would suggest going with that Asus motherboard he linked. I am kicking myself for not buying it now.
 
Back
Top