- Joined
- Sep 2, 2004
- Messages
- 33,127
I really liked the concept of the "Life" mods...played a bit back in A2/OA, but it always just devolves into assholery and corrupt admins. Brings out the worst in people it seems, kind of like the DayZ type games.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Asylum Gaming has the best Life servers available. Highly recommend.
Anyone here still play Wasteland? Started to mess around with it, and it's pretty fun usually. I thought it had a bit more of a survival / base building aspect to it though, but seems more recent versions have moved away from that. Starting out with full gear minus a main weapon, along with $5k-10k depending on server doesn't seem quite as fun. I kinda miss the scavenging & looting of DayZ.
New DLC announced @ E3
Instead of more garbage DLC they should enhance the game. Mission editor needs a massive face lift. Squad command system is utter trash. Sadly mods can't fix the mess that is ArmA due to the limitations of the engine. Can't help but feel BI just threw in the towel. Wish Steam refunds were around back then.
But I'm sure we'll see some more crappy zombie mods.![]()
Not sure what you are on about, the DLCs that have come out so far have had pretty significant gameplay changes. The Helicopter one has new helicopters, advanced flight model, slingloading, and a bunch of other stuff. The Marksman DLC has several new rifles, new ballistics/recoil, weapon resting/bipods, and fire from vehicles which was a LONG awaited feature. The new DLC is going to be an entirely new landscape. I believe in the long term they have announced work on a 3D editor and AI improvements, but time will tell.
How you are getting that there is nothing but crappy zombie mods is beyond me...if you're referring to DayZ, it's a totally different thing.
Instead of more garbage DLC they should enhance the game. Mission editor needs a massive face lift. Squad command system is utter trash. Sadly mods can't fix the mess that is ArmA due to the limitations of the engine. Can't help but feel BI just threw in the towel. Wish Steam refunds were around back then.
But I'm sure we'll see some more crappy zombie mods.![]()
uhh mods pretty much fix all the major issues in the arma series and if you can't get over the little bugs you probably shouldnt be playing arma
uhh mods pretty much fix all the major issues in the arma series and if you can't get over the little bugs you probably shouldnt be playing arma
And there isn't any Major issues with the editor most people just blow at using it and at scripting.
IMO they really don't care anymore. Its just a lame sandbox game and won't be the infantry simulator/tactical game it could have been. Every time I see an update I get excited, only to see it is more superficial fluff added.
In other news I'm curious to see how a DX12 update impacts performance, since the engine seems very CPU dependent and DX12 would presumably help with that. The CEO of Bohemia mentioned back in January that he wanted DX12 for the game so we'll see.
Not saying the game isn't without flaws but it is a MASSIVE open-world with zero loading and you can have battles in multiple locations all over the map.
Its one thing for minute details, another for massive shortcomings. But the DX12 bit is interesting. I hope they did more to optimize it though. Going from a GTX 670 to 970 netted me zero performance increase in an empty map with no AI and just 8 burning tanks. That was my "ArmA 3 benchmark". Set 8 tanks to 8 health in an empty map, watch them burn while looking at the frame rates. I would have thought the new GPU would raise the ~30 frame rates but it didn't.
AI has never worked well. Its essentially the same as ArmA 1/2. Put a sizable number in a single mission and it breaks. Trying getting them to enter planes, vehicles, or exit at a certain waypoint. There is a massive failure or two at some point. Try a small scale test in the mission editor? It works okay. Add it all together? Everything goes to hell. Bring this online and everything degrades even more.
Add in a worthless squad command system and it essentially devolves into playing Rambo with a bunch of respawn points (other members). Or play some MMO online mod.
Here is a quick list of stuff I recommend / we use for co-op nights in the group I play with:
-CUP addons (weapons/vehicles/terrain/units)
-RHS AFRF
-RHS USF
-ST Hud
-FHQ Accessories
-Babe midrange textures
-Task Force Radio (if you play on a server that supports it)
Just got the game, $34 CAD..
Total newb..
Any suggestions for good servers to play on? Not so interested in this life mod stuff, but just want to get on and play with some good players and shoot some bad guys..
I would like to know some servers, too. DM games are hard to find...
Any mods I should get? Starting to get back into this.
The A3launcher just starts up your mods and puts you in the main menu. You have to select multiplayer, scenario or singleplayer from there.