Arkham City 50% off Steam ($15)

Vicinity

2[H]4U
Weekend sale. Been waiting for it to come back on sale for a while now.

Also, Asylum is on sale as a pack with all DLC and City for $30.

For such a highly-acclaimed game it seems to have dropped in price fairly rapidly. Not that I'm complaining. :cool: Maybe that's just how games go these days.

It's a decent game, especially when it was free. I enjoyed it.

I got this same deal about a week ago through GameStop... But I would have much rather preferred playing through Steam. Oh well.

·PitBuLL·;1038684164 said:
I got this same deal about a week ago through GameStop... But I would have much rather preferred playing through Steam. Oh well.

Yeah, I almost bit on that sale, but decided to wait it out.

I'm waiting until it hits 10 dollar mark. My wife demanded it though, so I'll probably watch her play.

It's weird how this game isn't available in certain regions. I honestly don't know why publishers do this.

Damn you Steam. Why must you tempt me with this! I have barely played my 360 copy as it is one of the few games I own for it. Do I continue (barely) playing it on my 65" TV via 360 or do I play it on my PC in Eyefinity? I already own Arkham Asylum on Steam. What say you [H]?

Damn you Steam. Why must you tempt me with this! I have barely played my 360 copy as it is one of the few games I own for it. Do I continue (barely) playing it on my 65" TV via 360 or do I play it on my PC in Eyefinity? I already own Arkham Asylum on Steam. What say you [H]?

I *REALLY* enjoyed AA on the 360, and it played fantastically with a controller. I'm not sure whether or not it will play as well with a keyboard, but I'll find out. :D

This game is worth its weight in gold as far as Im concerned. One of the best games Ive ever played. Worth it at virtually any price in my book.

As for the control, I gotta think it would play better with the mouse and keyboard because you have to do a lot of quick looking around and aiming especially when fighting multiple thugs. Having the mouse makes it much easier to quickly do this.

Nice, just picked it up. I didn't want to give gamestop my money and have to deal with Games for Windows Live last week. Glad I waited!

I *REALLY* enjoyed AA on the 360, and it played fantastically with a controller. I'm not sure whether or not it will play as well with a keyboard, but I'll find out. :D

This game is worth its weight in gold as far as Im concerned. One of the best games Ive ever played. Worth it at virtually any price in my book.

As for the control, I gotta think it would play better with the mouse and keyboard because you have to do a lot of quick looking around and aiming especially when fighting multiple thugs. Having the mouse makes it much easier to quickly do this.

I've tried kb/mouse and 360 gamepad, and the gamepad definitely is the way to play this game.

I want it soooo badly but ...sticking to my rule. If it uses GFWL it's a no buy.

I'm thinking of buying even though I know I won't have time to play it anytime soon but having heard that it's a great game and I like the 1st one, guess I'll give it a try. Also I might save it for later till I switch to team green, perhaps because playing this game with PhysX on will give a better experience?

I've had a wired 360 controller for games like this, Assassin's Creed, Darksiders, GTA, platformers, etc for years now. I wouldn't dream of playing it any other way.

Just Cause 2 is about the only game I've use both at the same time for. Kb/mouse while on foot/vehicles and the controller for the aircraft.

The completist/collector in me is telling me to get it on Steam and sell my 360 copy!

Nice, just picked it up. I didn't want to give gamestop my money and have to deal with Games for Windows Live last week. Glad I waited!

·PitBuLL·;1038684164 said:

Figures lol. I went with the gamestop/impulse deal and dealing with impulse was a PITA and then the hoop jumping to update gfwl (which I apparently would have still had to do with Steam) just to be able to get to the options in the games. Oh well indeed . . .

However, the deal was cheaper at gamestop/impulse but I don't know that is worth the "hassle" involved to get them to take my money.

*edit* disregard the cheaper comment, I didn't realize the AC DLC was included. The AC DLC content is also on sale (50% off) individually in case anyone is interested as are both of the games. In other words, you don't have to purchase the bundle to take advantage of the sale pricing. Of course you can't buy the DLC unless you own the Steam version so well played on not making DLC content and games universal. Also way to troll PC players gamestop/impulse for not selling the PC DLC for AC . . . *end of edit*

Last edited:
Bit on that one.10 bucks less than this.

Yea but, this has the AC DLC with it which will run you almost $20 over at GFWL since that's apparently the only other place that has the AC DLC for the PC other than Steam (which can only be used on the Steam version). Without the AC DLC, the gamestop/impulse deal was better. With the DLC the Steam deal is better. It's just an issue of "perspective".

Personally though I think it's rather silly to lock DLC and games to certain authentication services (for both activation and progression tracking). I know why they do it but, in the end it's the end-user that tends to suffer as a result (especially when they don't know that's how it works). Locking exclusive DLC or games is one thing but locking general release stuff is just childish as it attempts to locks you to service "a" which you will wind up selecting because "x" amount of people are there rather than at service "b". When it's all said and done, people that got a game from service "a" or service "b" instead of the other get scolded for doing so by not being allowed to purchase DLC from the other service if the game doesn't "register" with the other service.

If anyone fails to understand how silly these limitations are, imagine if you went to BestBuy and bought a game and then were locked to only activating it and getting DLC from BestBuy rather than any other store such as Amazon, Gamestop, Target, TRU (Toys R Us), Walmart, etc. You should be able to purchase DLC from anywhere regardless of where you bought the game (barring DLC that is actually a store exclusive). Having separate DRM in place on an identical item just because you bought it from a different vendor only serves to punish the customer in an attempt to win a pissing contest about who has the more popular authentication system (and thus sales).

Nice deal, almost bit on it. But, I'm gonna wait for the Game of the Year edition that'll have all the DLC included. Did the same for Arkham Asylum and I'm glad I did.

Nice deal, almost bit on it. But, I'm gonna wait for the Game of the Year edition that'll have all the DLC included. Did the same for Arkham Asylum and I'm glad I did.

Agreed. Plus, I get the feeling that a lot of the recent sales are rushing out to beat the crush of sales in the Steam summer sale. 50% off Arkham city is nice, but anyone want to bet that it won't be at least that at the summer sale?

AA was a great game though, so I am definitely going to pick this one up eventually.

Agreed. Plus, I get the feeling that a lot of the recent sales are rushing out to beat the crush of sales in the Steam summer sale. 50% off Arkham city is nice, but anyone want to bet that it won't be at least that at the summer sale?

AA was a great game though, so I am definitely going to pick this one up eventually.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the summer sale. That's what, 2 months from now?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the summer sale. That's what, 2 months from now?

I'm guessing it starts in June, but that's just a guess. I'm not worried as I am sure I have more than enough gaming to get me to August if I needed too.

That being said, I'd love it to come soon ;).

I've had a wired 360 controller for games like this, Assassin's Creed, Darksiders, GTA, platformers, etc for years now. I wouldn't dream of playing it any other way.

Just Cause 2 is about the only game I've use both at the same time for. Kb/mouse while on foot/vehicles and the controller for the aircraft.

The completist/collector in me is telling me to get it on Steam and sell my 360 copy!

Agreed. Action games (and really only action games imo) are better with a gamepad, but I will never buy another console as the graphics are so much better on the PC - best of both worlds!

I'm guessing it starts in June, but that's just a guess. I'm not worried as I am sure I have more than enough gaming to get me to August if I needed too.

That being said, I'd love it to come soon ;).

Last year, IIRC, it was the last day of June, I think I did that thread.

Getting real close to my $9.99 limit on pc games...won't be long now.

Since the video game companies have moved over the $49.99 mark and separated half the game into DLC, I decided to never purchase a video game over 9.99. Period.

Best damn financial decision I've ever made. I own most of the latest titles...if you hunt around E-Bay, Amazon, Steam, etc...not too hard to do. I've had trouble with the COD and BF series only. The rest...no sweat and from my perspective the COD series died after COD4. BF on the other hand, I'm always on the hunt for a copy if you see one, pm me. I've seen them as low as 21.99 and I'm getting a little bored sitting in BF2 and Medal of Honor. Might give this Red Orchestra II a shot if I can find a deal on it too.

Best,

LC

Back