Arkham Asylum, am I missing Physx Setting?

Decko87

2[H]4U
Quick question, I went into the same menu as the Demo, and I notcied the Physx settings are missing? Did I screw up part of the install, or is there another way of enabling it?

Great.... first they delay the game due to implement PhysX, now they tell us to wait for patch. Couldn't they just release the game, and then release the patch.

Oh, and Eidos / Batman sites do not have patch to leech. Only searches of it go via torrent. Really great way to f*** the launch

Great.... first they delay the game due to implement PhysX, now they tell us to wait for patch. Couldn't they just release the game, and then release the patch.

Oh, and Eidos / Batman sites do not have patch to leech. Only searches of it go via torrent. Really great way to f*** the launch

No the patch is on GFWL. Try buying the game instead of pirating it.

No the patch is on GFWL. Try buying the game instead of pirating it.

Actually I've the box just delivered to work... I meant that when you type "arkham 1.1 patch" into google, you get only torrent sites in result.

But, on the other hand, I do cheat. GFWL do not work officially in my country, so have to be registered as one of London's pubs, lol :)

It was done to annoy pirates. The patch is through GFWL so you will have to get it through that way or "other" means if GFWL doesn't work in your location.

Yea but still, since u have to have a legal key for games for windows there was no reason to delay the main game, and release the physx later as addon.. its lame.

This is batman physx on high

ShippingPC-BmGame2009-09-1803-14-12.jpg

It was done to annoy pirates. The patch is through GFWL so you will have to get it through that way or "other" means if GFWL doesn't work in your location.
I can see that worked out well for them since the pirates had the patch ready almost right after the game launched. When will they learn. Awesome game, but PhysX is a gimmic (in this case) and doesn't really add to the experience all that much (I was hoping that it would). Then again, I haven't finished the game yet so maybe I'll see something special that will change my mind?

For those who have finished the game, did you see anything worth bragging about in regards to the PhysX implementation?

I can't get the patch to download. I install the game, it logs me into WIndows Live, but... there is no information about patch, game does not leech it, can't find it on windows live on my own.

Eidos, I hate you, I hate you very much, for first delaying game because of "we need to add PhysX", only to learn that I need also a patch which does not show up for me. NEedless to say, friend who pirated the game is now playing it and laughing at me for spening my money on legal stuff that requires google'ing to make it work

Nice job, really nice job. Luckily they have the "return the game get 2xmoney" offer in Poland, so I'm returning the game tomorrow and picking PS3 version. And never again I'm buying "Game for Windows" one.

I downloaded the patch and everything is working fine...so the patch is only for Nvidia users?...they don't even tell you that you need a patch to enable PhysX, I just happened to log into Games for Windows Live and saw the update

that being said the game is stunning...Unreal Engine 3 at its best

That's just laughable. So the game doesn't ship with physx? And it looks like it took a little work to find. Oh well, I'll wait til things have been sorted.

as far as I can tell the game ships with physx but you need a patch too activate it.

Last edited:
and if you buy it from steam, it's automatically patched for you..

and if you buy it from Steam you are stuck with DRM activation limits (4 per month)...the retail version of the game has no DRM...so I'm glad I bought it retail

Speaking not, that in my area, price for game on steam is 50 euro... in retail it's 20. So, there is a "slight" difference. Hurray for Steam to get exchange rates 1$ = 1E :)

and if you buy it from Steam you are stuck with DRM activation limits (4 per month)...the retail version of the game has no DRM...so I'm glad I bought it retail

If you use more than 4 a month there is an issue somewhere. Still, its kinda stupid.

If you use more than 4 a month there is an issue somewhere. Still, its kinda stupid.

that is kind of stupid, but who would do clean install 4/mo on your pc games anyways? that's even more stupid to think of it..

Back