ARK: Survival Evolved

Not you're wrong, the huge trees respawn too. And btw, the huge trees are not the best, appear that those that are near the beach and not that big are better: Because they give more goods without falling down.

Yeah I noticed that as well with the small and big tress. The small tree's by the beach are OP. I still prefer to get into a wooded area with some Dinos to carry wood and farm away.

Yeah I noticed that as well with the small and big tress. The small tree's by the beach are OP. I still prefer to get into a wooded area with some Dinos to carry wood and farm away.

Of course the best place to gather wood is the forest. Lucky for me, the super trees beach are near the forest I cut all the time.

Just got to level 25 and I now have metal spear, axe, pick and hatchet. I estimate that trees cut is two time faster. Turtle with metal spear is 3 time faster.

www.twitch.tv/NastyNative

Going live on my private server if you want to check out our fort and dinos. We are still early in the game so come ask some questions and hang out. I will say this game is way more fun to play compared to watching it live.

This game looks like absolute shit on my rig for some reason. At 1080p it looks like 640x480. Not sure if something is wrong or what. Also runs like ass for me on a 970@1080p medium settings.

This game looks like absolute shit on my rig for some reason. At 1080p it looks like 640x480. Not sure if something is wrong or what. Also runs like ass for me on a 970@1080p medium settings.

I am running at even lower settings until I get a new graphics card, but FWIW I found turning up the textures improved the quality more than anything.

I will preface this with saying that the game is Early Access and even though the game has performance issues I still find it very fun.

With the system in my signature, I get 28-38 fps at 1920x1200 whether I use medium or high settings(with motion blur off). While high looks nicer, I'm surprised I don't gain fps on medium. There is definitely room for optimization.

And while I made a note I understand this game is early access if I am getting 28-38fps on a high end desktop, it would have be almost unplayable on a low-mid end system.

On a game play note, one issue I have is that I play with 3-4 friends and one of them is level 32 and the rest of us are 16 and under. Him being able to craft stuff for us has made the game less fun. He has metal and saddle recipes that we should not have access to. I almost want to start my own base camp away from him...

On a game play note, one issue I have is that I play with 3-4 friends and one of them is level 32 and the rest of us are 16 and under. Him being able to craft stuff for us has made the game less fun. He has metal and saddle recipes that we should not have access to. I almost want to start my own base camp away from him...

It's why that imo a game like Rust and Ark need first a queue system for rejoining server and than it need a new server start batch with reserve slot. I mean, you can join a new game but it start tomorrow on a new server and everybody start at the same time. Now if the players don't keep the paste with the best, it's all fine to me but over all that there could have skill rank matchmaking so you play with people that rise like you at the same speed.

If you are having low fps make sure to put sky on low or turn it off. I have an i5 w/ 970 4gb and on med I get a nice 50-60 fps. Also I'm running my own server that runs super smooth because we are a small community with just 1 base. I'm sure if you are joining public servers with buildings every where. That adds to a lag and lower fps experience.

The patch that was released yesterday seemed to give me about 5-8 fps on medium 30-44, on high I still get 25-35. I will try turning down the sky quality and see what happens.

The patch that was released yesterday seemed to give me about 5-8 fps on medium 30-44, on high I still get 25-35. I will try turning down the sky quality and see what happens.

That's the only complaint I have about this game. Too many updates when running your own server. Some times I'm updating my server 2-3 time a day. It's a good thing though they are really going to polish this game up.

That's the only complaint I have about this game. Too many updates when running your own server. Some times I'm updating my server 2-3 time a day. It's a good thing though they are really going to polish this game up.

Got to send me your TS info on Steam Nasty. Lost my 3TB HD with my games collection on it a week ago and of course the TS info. ;)

resolution scale goes down the lower your preset.

I have a server up and folks are welcome to join, TS3 information for server is in the MOTD upon joining.

Server rules are pretty much no griefing, everything else is fair game. We currently have about 5 people playing on it. Capacity will be increased if it fills up at 40.

Also the server runs at 2 times XP gain, that applies to ranking, and resource gathering. Everything else is running stock. Come join us!

ETA: We also monitor Reddit and the Steam Community page and update the server on a moments notice when a new patch is released.

I got a sabertooth yesterday. Before i really enjoyed the game, now I love it. Sabertooths are freaking awesome fun. Starting to get into some crazy situations now too.

Was out leveling the Saber and a level 65 ran up on his level 50 aaber and started attacking me and my buddy, we hauled ass out of there. An jour later we were hunting further south and that jerkass came back with his argy swooped in and grabbed me off Cuddles' back. He dropped me and i died. I was like fffffuuuuuuuuuu. Lucky for me, my buddy was able to rescue Cuddles and bring her back to me. Needless to say, i learned to make parachutes lol

From what I'm reading here, this game sounds a hell of a lot more fun than Rust. I spent a little too much time on that game and have been looking to move on to something better. Any idea if it supports SLI?

From what I'm reading here, this game sounds a hell of a lot more fun than Rust. I spent a little too much time on that game and have been looking to move on to something better. Any idea if it supports SLI?

There is no sli support as of now but with the amount of updates it might be very soon. Extremely fun game and in my opinion much more fun then rust.

There is no sli support as of now but with the amount of updates it might be very soon. Extremely fun game and in my opinion much more fun then rust.

Darn it. Any clue what I should expect framerate wise with a gtx 980? From what I read here, I'll go ahead and assume that my native 4k resolution just isn't going to work, maybe 1440?

I have a 970 and have sky off or low and on med settings. Then depending on the server you join the fps will be different. A public server might give you the worst performance but if you find a private server with less people on you should be at about 50-60 fps on 1080p. A public server will be about 30-40 fps depending on the load and lag from my experience. If you want to try it out I have a private server you are more then welcome to join.

Darn it. Any clue what I should expect framerate wise with a gtx 980? From what I read here, I'll go ahead and assume that my native 4k resolution just isn't going to work, maybe 1440?

I am on a 970 @1440p, with Epic textures, Epic AA and Epic world mesh, 75% resolution scale, everything else low; I get 50FPS solid and it still looks pretty. :D

It's my understanding that if resolution scale is anything less than max, the game is actually rendering at a lower resolution than your display. So your game might only rendered at 1080p or 960 if you are at 75% on that slider.

I run at 1920x1200 with medium settings with skys all the way down, max resolution scale and I get 25-32fps with an 970. With the resolution scale at 75-80% my frames jump to 40ish. I've mostly been playing on a hosted private server.

I lost sir cuddles last night while out exploring.

Be careful when swimming.we got attacked by megaladons and it sapped our stamina. Even when i was off of him he never regained stamina to swim up and drowned just feet from the shore. It was a sad evening

I have a server up and folks are welcome to join, TS3 information for server is in the MOTD upon joining.

Server rules are pretty much no griefing, everything else is fair game. We currently have about 5 people playing on it. Capacity will be increased if it fills up at 40.

Also the server runs at 2 times XP gain, that applies to ranking, and resource gathering. Everything else is running stock. Come join us!

ETA: We also monitor Reddit and the Steam Community page and update the server on a moments notice when a new patch is released.

I have been playing on this server, thanks and this game is great! I will try and let some of my friends know about too since we used to play RUST together.

Wasn't able to find it in the list and not sure what command to use to join, so I'm setup on another friendly server. A guy spent an hour running me through Ark 101.

Game is running better. Still issues but much smoother than previously. Going to be a good game looks like.

Me and my friends ended up going to a different server since that one above had some griefers and now we found a new home on a PVE server with a nice community. Game is fantastic btw especially when playing with freinds!

Me and my friends ended up going to a different server since that one above had some griefers and now we found a new home on a PVE server with a nice community. Game is fantastic btw especially when playing with freinds!

So, my friend... where can I find this particular server?

I would like to suggest creating a tribe called = [H]ARK

But I don't know a safe PVE server to join... any suggestions?

I have been playing on this server, thanks and this game is great! I will try and let some of my friends know about too since we used to play RUST together.

I have been playing here, too. My only complaint is the slow tame time. Could be bumped up IMO. (Like alot)

I have been playing here, too. My only complaint is the slow tame time. Could be bumped up IMO. (Like alot)

Taming has many tricks to make it go quicker.
I was able to tame a Pterodactyl in 30 mins and this can take up to 1 hr 1/2.

The trick is to have Narcotics - Stimulants (only use once he is more then half tamed) Narco Berries and Stimberries.

1st we need to starve the dino while keeping him sleep. For the 1st stage of taming I use Narcoberries - Stimberries and Narcotics if you have enough. Start force feeding him stimberries in a row see how many you can feed him before he wakes. Then hit him with the same amount of narcoberries to put him to sleep. DO NOT FEED MEET AT ALL YET.
Stimberries make him hungry to we can starve him quicker this way. You can always just wait it out.

2nd When the dino is almost starved you will give him prime meat if you have it will also help the taming process. If you do it correctly by the time the dino has all his food back up he should be 80%-90% tamed. If you get the prime meat he will be tamed just before all of his food bar is back up.

Enjoy!

Been playing for a week now on my own private server with a few friends. So impressed with this game. It's no wonder that it hit 1 million downloads in 1 month. They knocked this one out of the park, and the updates seem to be frequent.

I really hope they add that SLI support soon though. I really want to see this in 4K.

Taming has many tricks to make it go quicker.
I was able to tame a Pterodactyl in 30 mins and this can take up to 1 hr 1/2.

The trick is to have Narcotics - Stimulants (only use once he is more then half tamed) Narco Berries and Stimberries.

1st we need to starve the dino while keeping him sleep. For the 1st stage of taming I use Narcoberries - Stimberries and Narcotics if you have enough. Start force feeding him stimberries in a row see how many you can feed him before he wakes. Then hit him with the same amount of narcoberries to put him to sleep. DO NOT FEED MEET AT ALL YET.
Stimberries make him hungry to we can starve him quicker this way. You can always just wait it out.

2nd When the dino is almost starved you will give him prime meat if you have it will also help the taming process. If you do it correctly by the time the dino has all his food back up he should be 80%-90% tamed. If you get the prime meat he will be tamed just before all of his food bar is back up.

Enjoy!

Dont do this, this is completely wrong. Stimberries do not actually reduce hunger. Also starving the dino first does not tame it faster (someone conducted this exact experiment). The starved dino and the non-starved dino tamed at more or less exactly the same time. Also the starved dino had significantly lower taming effectiveness. With the latest patches taming effectiveness actually gives your dino a level boost so it is quite useful.

If you want to boost taming speed, get raw prime meat, it is 4x faster. Have a friend run/fly around killing stuff for prime meat and bringing it back. Herbivores will get prime meat like food added eventually. The other option is to play on a server with taming speed turned up. The server I play on has 2x taming speed, some have 10x taming speed even.

Dont do this, this is completely wrong. Stimberries do not actually reduce hunger. Also starving the dino first does not tame it faster (someone conducted this exact experiment). The starved dino and the non-starved dino tamed at more or less exactly the same time. Also the starved dino had significantly lower taming effectiveness. With the latest patches taming effectiveness actually gives your dino a level boost so it is quite useful.

If you want to boost taming speed, get raw prime meat, it is 4x faster. Have a friend run/fly around killing stuff for prime meat and bringing it back. Herbivores will get prime meat like food added eventually. The other option is to play on a server with taming speed turned up. The server I play on has 2x taming speed, some have 10x taming speed even.

I will have to disagree my method is tested and I was able to tame dinos very quickly.
The last time I tamed was 2 weeks ago and stimberries do wake him up but they do raise hunger after about half hunger the stimulant will also cause the dino to be more hungry. Are you playing on a modded server?
My server has all the default options.

how old is this video you speak of?

I will have to disagree my method is tested and I was able to tame dinos very quickly.
The last time I tamed was 2 weeks ago and stimberries do wake him up but they do raise hunger after about half hunger the stimulant will also cause the dino to be more hungry. Are you playing on a modded server?
My server has all the default options.

how old is this video you speak of?

Look up Dino Science on the ARK reddit. This stuff has all been tested in detail.

Basically the reason why some people think that feeding stimberries reduces hunger is because every time you force feed it updates the hunger. So you see it going down in increments every time you feed. However if you don't feed it still goes down at the same rate, it just updates a bit slower. So feeding it stimberries you see it go 10, 9, 8, 7, 6... naturally it goes down 10, 6, 2.... Basically people are being tricked into thinking they are doing something because they want to believe it.

EDIT: For the lazy:

Dino Science 1: https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/396twu/dino_science_does_starving_a_dino_make_it_tame/
Conclusion: Starving a dinosaur does not make it tame faster.
Dino Science 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/397c9x/dino_science_ep_2_do_narcotics_stimulants_or/
Conclusion: Stimberries, Stimulants, and Narcotics have no effect on hunger loss. Both dinosaurs lost 100 hunger in 1:30.

Disproves all aspects of your theory. So the only thing you are doing is hurting your taming effectiveness which is now seriously gimping your tamed dinosaurs with the 183 patch giving bonus levels based upon high taming effectiveness.

I ignored this game cause I seen someone like a month ago ask for a refund on [H] but I see it's like #5 on Steam right now so someone must like it.
Still haven't purchased it myself if it keeps up I'll consider it. I read somewhere it's populated by a bunch of Psychotic kids =)

Back