argh stupid designs!

ycchan

[H]ard|Gawd
I got a thumb drive from Kingston and I plug it into my Fujitsu laptop but then I realised it doesn't fit in properly into the USB port. The design of the shell of the laptop prevents the thumb drive from having proper contact. :mad: WTF?? does that mean my laptop is not compatible with thumb drives?? or get some sort of extention cord ...can't believe this :mad: :mad:

ycchan said:
I got a thumb drive from Kingston and I plug it into my Fujitsu laptop but then I realised it doesn't fit in properly into the USB port. The design of the shell of the laptop prevents the thumb drive from having proper contact. :mad: WTF?? does that mean my laptop is not compatible with thumb drives?? or get some sort of extention cord ...can't believe this :mad: :mad:

lets see a picture? doesn't your fujitsu have more than 1 USB port? my sandisk mini cruzer is long but is the correct USB plug size

ycchan said:

Some gateway laptops have that same problem. Thumbdrives will only fit in the bottom port, and then you can't use the top port. Same thing with some of their desktops front usb ports. Their E-4100 only allow for the really skinny thumb drives.

I only buy the drives that are shaped like a pack of gum, none of those fat drives.

You can also get a short usb extension cable. I've had to use those at work in the past.

Back