ARGB 24 pin Question

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got my first ARGB 24 pin cable (Amazon Vine free) and the sliding part of it is on the RAM side, not the other side that goes into the case. Is that standard for some reason because it seems the slider part should go on the end that you don't see. The only thing I can think of is that they are all like that to clear the RAM. If not, then it's just a faulty design. I can get the entire thing down on the 24 pin plug, and between the RAM, but it won't stay because, well, it's the slider part to help it bend.

I bought a Lian Li Strimer and the bend in my computer opening was so close to the plug in that it would not stay in place. I ended up taking it out and putting it in my sons case because it would fit better. I think thats how they are all made so you can adjust them alittle bit.

I bought a Lian Li Strimer and the bend in my computer opening was so close to the plug in that it would not stay in place. I ended up taking it out and putting it in my sons case because it would fit better. I think thats how they are all made so you can adjust them alittle bit.
h geeze, bummer. So the sliding part was on the RAM side, not the other side?

I'm pretty happy with this one. It's a no name, but I got it from Amazon Vine and it was free, so there's that. The vendors on amazon don;t even know how many amps it pulls wide open. I guess they are a small business of only gals. She replied to me that, "Sorry, I don;t understand how many amps you mean. Girls not too understanding here. Betty." lol It looks pretty decent for a 40 dollar job. I guess that is about average, with the Strimmer 2 beign around 90 bucks--forget that.

The only thing is that it DOES get lghter in the middle. Is that also a normal thing with these? However, when in a darker room, the lighting is pretty even really. Camera pictures make it look like it is really hot on the ends, but it's not to the eye.

PXL_20210308_080302974.jpg

If you turn down the brightness on the Lian Li, do you lose color in the middle? If I use about 10% brightness, I lose all color about 1" from the LED (ends). At 30%, it's dim in the middle, but you can still see color it.

Yeah it seems dimmer the greater the bend is too. But it is better than the XPG brand. I have those on my two eight pin connectors on my video card and they look like just one end has lights on it. That is with it on a solid color. When it does strobing effects it looks like the color goes the full length of the cables.

You can see in this picture how bright the cables are at the bottom than the rest of the wires.

Attachments

• 20210309_065049.jpg
    20210309_065049.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 0
If you turn down the brightness on the Lian Li, do you lose color in the middle? If I use about 10% brightness, I lose all color about 1" from the LED (ends). At 30%, it's dim in the middle, but you can still see color it.

You can see in this picture how bright the cables are at the bottom than the rest of the wires.
Thanks. It's also hard as hell do depict light using a camera because the camera doesn't have the dynamic range our eyes have. Your picture still looks well uniformly lit, except for the hot spot on the end, which is probably not white in real life. Can you take off the light part and use it with another cable on ether of yours?

Sorry about the quality but here is the back side of the cable end. It does have screws in it to remove it. I don't really want to pry on them to see though. Bought these at Newegg for $45.00. This is for the set also not for just 1.

XPG Prime ARGB 8 PIN (6+2) Addressable RGB VGA Extension Cable (ARGBEXCABLE-VGA-BKCWW) - (2 Year Warranty)​

Attachments

• 20210309_185809[1].jpg
    20210309_185809[1].jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 0
And the hotspot on the end is bright blue then it starts to fade as it goes up the cable. This is in static mode. A couple of the rainbow modes it looks more evenly lit but I'm more of a solid color man myself. I'm 57 and all that flashing would make me stroke out. This is a picture of it with no lights on in the room. I'm going to mod my case and put a grommet in so I can change out the power connector and I will be done.

Attachments

• 20210309_191429[1].jpg
    20210309_191429[1].jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 0
Sorry about the quality but here is the back side of the cable end. It does have screws in it to remove it. I don't really want to pry on them to see though. Bought these at Newegg for $45.00. This is for the set also not for just 1.

XPG Prime ARGB 8 PIN (6+2) Addressable RGB VGA Extension Cable (ARGBEXCABLE-VGA-BKCWW) - (2 Year Warranty)​

Does it just clip on to the wires, though? I can't remember on mine damn. I'll have to get in three and see again or even take it out. If the light art of it is jsut clipped on to teh wires, yuo could theoretically use it with any sleeved cables?

Okay, just checked and I remember now that I did check it. The included cable end opposite the MB has little sliding groves in it where the LED part attaches. Regular cables or extensions don't have that. The problem is that you would have no way to anchor them to the power connector opposite the MB side. You could probably zip tie that end on, but no other real way to anchor it to the end of the power connector. I don't understand why they anchor it like that. It could just attach as a full snap on comb and it would be find. Now that I think about it, you could probably do it that way to.

Yeah the 24 pin Lian Li attaches like that but these 8 pin XPG do not. Like I said earlier these have screws in the black plastic ends holding them together. I do not know how the 8 pin Lian Li is put on.

Yeah the 24 pin Lian Li attaches like that but these 8 pin XPG do not. Like I said earlier these have screws in the black plastic ends holding them together. I do not know how the 8 pin Lian Li is put on.
Ah okay that makes sense. Probably all of them have screws in the 8 pin connector. Thanks. I should probably find an 8 in and, WTF. hahaha. I just got the 24 pin free or I would never have gotten one, but I'm glad I have it. it really does make a difference. Yeeeaaaaah. Gotta have that 8 pin now. You know how it is.

Back