Are you satisfied with your PS3 purchase?

Hey guys and gals I just bought a PS3 and I haven't got home yet to hook it up and I was just wondering from those that have one if you are happy with it or disappointed.

Before this thread gets filled with all the crappers talking about how messed up sony and how the wii owns etc, id like to say I have been happy with my PS3.

I have all 3 systems and definitely look forward to whats coming for the PS3. Right now it is not the top of the bunch as far as offerings, but I am happy with my purchase.

I'm pretty disappointed in all of my consoles right now.

X360 has been great and I play it the most, but it just died....again. :mad:

PS3, I have a 1080i TV so :( , but it looks good on my 2407at 1080p. But really this console isn't as polished as the 360 and it uses a horrible web browser for sony store and registration. Resistance is okay at best and there isn't much on the radar for good exclusive games anytime soon. When it comes to ports I'd rather play the X360 version. Blu-ray is so so aswell. I think HD episodes of Lost look better.

Wii, well worst UI of the bunch, lame attempts at features like weather and web browsers. Besides Zelda the current titles out are made by lazy developers who made the graphics worst then GameCube, but just integrated the controls of the Wii and priced it at $50. I was hopeful for super swing golf but its horrible (WiiSports FTW). Trauma center is okay but this $50 game could be made in Flash. It's seriously the DS version's missions, but with Wii controls. I guess thats why its called Second Opinion.

4saken said:
Before this thread gets filled with all the crappers talking about how messed up sony and how the wii owns etc, id like to say I have been happy with my PS3.

I have all 3 systems and definitely look forward to whats coming for the PS3. Right now it is not the top of the bunch as far as offerings, but I am happy with my purchase.
Pretty much what he said. I'm not expecting much out of launch anyways, 2007 and beyond is where I think the ps3 will shine, especially with 1st party games that take more use of the hardware.

I'm pretty happy with my PS3. Looking foward to the GTHD concept demo 2 days from now. :)

Bad_Boy said:
Pretty much what he said. I'm not expecting much out of launch anyways, 2007 and beyond is where I think the ps3 will shine, especially with 1st party games that take more use of the hardware.

I'm pretty happy with my PS3. Looking foward to the GTHD concept demo 2 days from now. :)

I want GT HD more than any presents my wife could have possibly bought me for Xmas, lol.

The EB Games told me it comes with a 3 month warranty is this true? So I paid extra 75 dollars for extended 1 year warranty? :confused:

Jasonx82 said:
The EB Games told me it comes with a 3 month warranty is this true? So I paid extra 75 dollars for extended 1 year warranty? :confused:
PS3 has a 1 year warranty by Sony. And the EBgames 1 year warranty shouldnt cost 75 dollars, it should cost $50 for the 20GB and $60 for the 60GB.

Jasonx82 said:

A PS3? LOL, no. It comes with a one year warranty.

Here's a tip: Never EVER listen to an employee at EB Games.

Yep im happy with my ps3,
put it this way:
i have 7 games and 8 bluray movies for my ps3
i have 2 games for my wii

So it was pointless for the warranty? Ill return the warranty. thanx guys

Rocketpig said:
Here's a tip: Never EVER listen to an employee at EB Games.

Not to insult anyone who may work in a major retail outlet, because I know a lot of you do and know your shit, but this is good advice. The majority of retail employees don't always know the facts, but more of what they need to do to make money.

EB employees do get a comission for selling you that warranty for example.

Always take that extra time to research that product in question so you don't get fed unintentional or intentional misinformation so that someone gets a sale.

Jasonx82 said:
Thats what I said. ;)

It depends on if you think the EB games warranty is worth it or not.
If you have their warranty, a store swap with no hassle should be able to be done. On the negative side of that, you have to pay.

If you dont, and have the sony warranty, you have to ship it to them and wait for them to ship it back. But on the plus side of that, it should be free.

Anyways, I do find it odd that you said the EBgames warranty cost 75 dollars and not the $50/60.

edit:
ah, caught your edit, sorry. :x

Bad_Boy said:
Thats what I said. ;)

It depends on if you think the EB games warranty is worth it or not.
If you have their warranty, a store swap with no hassle should be able to be done. On the negative side of that, you have to pay.

If you dont, and have the sony warranty, you have to ship it to them and wait for them to ship it back. But on the plus side of that, it should be free.

Anyways, I do find it odd that you said the EBgames warranty cost 75 dollars and not the $50/60.

edit:
ah, caught your edit, sorry. :x

warranty was 69.99 + tax so give or take 75 -/+

From the looks of what is on offer now, I doubt I'd be happy shelling out the $599 for the PS3 atm.

But as with previous generations, the must-haves will be later. I will either have an Xbox 360 or PS3 for when GTA4 comes out, then I'll be happy. :D

I'm content with my purchase.

However, if it wasn't for the fact that I still have a few unfinished PS2 games to play through (Okami & FFXII, mainly), I'd probably be complaining about the lack of games to play on it (I've only got Resistance & Fight Night... both of which are very good but... still).

So happy so far, just got it tonight. Pretty happy so far. So I should return the warantee? I paid $100 for a 2yr replacement warantee, supposively if it craps out withing the 2nd year into ownership they will replace it for a new one. Should I return it? I got the bestbuy 2yr warantee, worth it? I tried some old ps2 games they look pretty dam good to me, I didn't own a ps2, like the idea of no memory cards. People complain too much, I went to my friends house, he has comcast internet, he lives near the main box, he had a unit, we hooked it up through hdmi to his new 40inch samsung lcd, it all looked dam good. He didn't have his system updated, it took me no more than 3mins to set up account with controller, similar to texting with a cell phone. We got connected through wifi, it was a snap, it took no more than 2mins to download the patch, we downloaded motorstorm, took 7mins to download, not bad at all. Watched some blueray, it was amazing, all we couldn't locate to purchase was a remote. He had purchased a 2nd controller, he was not happy that it didn't come the usb charging cable, the other controller was charged, so we used the cable to charge the other one, a 5min charge was enough to get us in business. Overall verry happy. I'm a little unhappy, I had no luck finding composite cables, and no I am not forking over for the monster brand, it's a ripoff to get your money. I still search for composite, until I upgrade my screen I will need these, I also have hdmi for when I go flat.

I just wanna say that I personally think the PS3 is an awesome little device. Simply pressing the power button shows how advanced the thing is, I don't think it's even a button, it seems to just sense your touch and turn on. No actual pressing necessary, just touch. :D

The controller is top notch, shoulder buttons are extremely smooth compared to PS2. And, if you were to fill the thing with helium, I think it might float. Ridiculously light.

But on to bigger and better things... The games. My friend purchased the only game worth having at the moment, which is Resistance of course. And while it is just ANOTHER DAMN FPS GAME, it's just about perfect. The controls are dead on, killing enemies results in lots of blood and is very satisfying, frame rate is very smooth, and just an overall fun experience. Very impressive for a release game, I can't wait to see what this thing does in a few years.

I'm gonna have to buy one eventually, probably the 20 gig version if swapping a bigger HD is indeed a simple process.

Disappointed. Once the allure of having a new tech gadget wore off, I came to realize that I had essentially bought a Blu-Ray player that happened to have gaming features on the side. I sold it; Resistance is far from what it was hyped to be and a lot of the "Must Have" titles that are supposed to come in 2007 will likely be pushed back. It's an interest piece of machinery but I can definately do without it at this juncture in its shelf life.

I'm waiting till March or so, to re-buy it for Tekken and what not
I have wii and 360 as well, no bias here :cool:

My ps3 was a waste of money, im currently trying to sell mine. I have a x360 and the ps3 is colecting dust. I have no interest in bluray at this time, I do have an HDTV. I got RFOM and honestly all ive been playing is GOW and RB6V on my 360. I would rather buy it NEXT christmas when some good games come out. And I find it to have a very unpolished UI, it works but its Stupidly far from what the xbox has.

dissapointed

MaxKool said:
My ps3 was a waste of money, im currently trying to sell mine. I have a x360 and the ps3 is colecting dust. I have no interest in bluray at this time, I do have an HDTV. I got RFOM and honestly all ive been playing is GOW and RB6V on my 360. I would rather buy it NEXT christmas when some good games come out. And I find it to have a very unpolished UI, it works but its Stupidly far from what the xbox has.

dissapointed
Xbox was in the same spotlight when it came out. I am enjoying backwards compatability, blueray will blow you away if you have a 1080p screen.

For a gaming platform right now. Hell no.

But for a Blu-Ray player yes, I love it.

bought, played and sold... not worth the cash at the moment. Maybe PS3 slim if it comes out... Want to replace PS2 without loosing all the stuff I bought for it.

edit:

I have another PS3 again... GT:HD may redeem me... downloading...

ellover009 said:
Thanks man. Anyone else has any imput?

Yikes $100? ouch for only 2 years, and does that start after the default manufacturer warranty or during?

Try buying from Target at least.$30 for 3 years? iirc

Can't really see the point in warrenties. Are consoles really that akin to dying? I don't know anyone that has had one die on them.

toric334 said:
Can't really see the point in warrenties. Are consoles really that akin to dying? I don't know anyone that has had one die on them.

I thought the same, until my 360 died and died again six months later. I'd rather not have to worry about it.

Sixthsense said:
Yikes $100? ouch for only 2 years, and does that start after the default manufacturer warranty or during?

Try buying from Target at least.$30 for 3 years? iirc
My friend got his from target, it was like $60 and my friend says it isn't as nice as the bb warantee. His is a 2yr also. I don't think I would have found a system at target, the local one did not get any. I'm wondering would warantee price change from state to state? I bough system in NH wich is tax free but I live in Mass where it's 5%.

disappointed.

the system is classy and clean, but everything else feels fimsy and toy-like, in comparison. I don't know yet if it's the cables, but poor component output. Backwards compatibility is broken and useless. Lack of rumble, and the controller is too light, and I'm not fond of the triggers.

But R:FOM is a pretty good game. Waiting for my HDMI cable to come in so I can try that instead of the component cables, but I'm definitely disappointed.

ellover009 said:
Xbox was in the same spotlight when it came out. I am enjoying backwards compatability, blueray will blow you away if you have a 1080p screen.
how can you use the BC? It's so badly broken, with the pixel bug, that everything looks like total crap

jaguax said:
The controller is top notch, shoulder buttons are extremely smooth compared to PS2. And, if you were to fill the thing with helium, I think it might float. Ridiculously light.

I read that as the console's weight to start with and thought 'Eh?! It weigts a ton!'

lopoetve said:
how can you use the BC? It's so badly broken, with the pixel bug, that everything looks like total crap

Well I been using it, looks good, had no issues with it. If I had a higher end screen I would not suffer since my a/v receiver upconverts to 720p/1080i
I been pretty happy with mine so far, there is a lot of people that are bashing on the ps3 for the smallest things. I will get a 360 to keep my ps3 in the future, just waiting till they make the jump to a smaller sized processor wich will make it more thermally efficient, and probably when they offer a HD bigger than 20gb, $100 for 20gb is a lot of bling. My friend killed 5xbox 360s 2 of em after the 1080P patch, good thing he had a warantee extended, he took good care of it, he didn't stash it right next to his receiver. That does not frighten me much, it's a good system overall. Only complain so far is the rca cables that came with it suck, I already have hdmi cables.

ellover009 said:
Well I been using it, looks good, had no issues with it. If I had a higher end screen I would not suffer since my a/v receiver upconverts to 720p/1080i
I been pretty happy with mine so far, there is a lot of people that are bashing on the ps3 for the smallest things. I will get a 360 to keep my ps3 in the future, just waiting till they make the jump to a smaller sized processor wich will make it more thermally efficient, and probably when they offer a HD bigger than 20gb, $100 for 20gb is a lot of bling. My friend killed 5xbox 360s 2 of em after the 1080P patch, good thing he had a warantee extended, he took good care of it, he didn't stash it right next to his receiver. That does not frighten me much, it's a good system overall. Only complain so far is the rca cables that came with it suck, I already have hdmi cables.

dude, it's not that. It totally screws up all 480i games

http://gaming.engadget.com/2006/12/13/ps2-ps1-480i-games-hampered-by-crazy-jaggies-on-the-ps3/

That's unplayable in my book, it looks like total shit, and if you've ever actually played the game on the PS2, it'll drive you insane. watch the video. How can you play that? It anti-antialiases the game.

It does that on HDMI, Component, anything. It looks like crapola. I don't know about SDTV, but on any HDTV, BC is unusable.

lopoetve said:
dude, it's not that. It totally screws up all 480i games

http://gaming.engadget.com/2006/12/13/ps2-ps1-480i-games-hampered-by-crazy-jaggies-on-the-ps3/

That's unplayable in my book, it looks like total shit, and if you've ever actually played the game on the PS2, it'll drive you insane. watch the video. How can you play that? It anti-antialiases the game.

It does that on HDMI, Component, anything. It looks like crapola. I don't know about SDTV, but on any HDTV, BC is unusable.

Wow I had a friend who complained about this, but that definetly sucks

The BD-ROM is enough to make me happy fer' now, could be better now. i think it has lots of potential needs a bit more touching up though.

Back