Are you guys still buying Intel CPU's inspite of Meltdown/Spectre ?

Yes I would still upgrade if you had to. What other choices do you have? Depending on what you have, you could by a used chip as an upgrade.

Yes and no. I just scored a used i7 ivy to replace my i5 for a cheapish net upgrade (after selling the i5). Neither look likely to get a Spectre microcode fix. Will delid and OC as is customary.

Next upgrade will probably be a 6 core Ryzen once the new silicon with Spectre fixes arrives, and if either ram prices drop or expensive B-die isn't needed for 3200MHz.

I'm in a GPU black hole like everyone else. A cut down version of a Zen 56 (at MSRP) would go nicely with my Freesync monitor.

Yes and no. I just scored a used i7 ivy to replace my i5 for a cheapish net upgrade (after selling the i5). Neither look likely to get a Spectre microcode fix. Will delid and OC as is customary.

Next upgrade will probably be a 6 core Ryzen once the new silicon with Spectre fixes arrives, and if either ram prices drop or expensive B-die isn't needed for 3200MHz.

I'm in a GPU black hole like everyone else. A cut down version of a Zen 56 (at MSRP) would go nicely with my Freesync monitor.

When a good deal on ram looks something like this, I'll wait until i have a contract in hand that requires a build I can write off.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/64GB-G-Ski...b01c9f490:g:BLkAAOSwJIlaiCI~&autorefresh=true

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back