are you getting blue or white galaxy s3?

blue or white samsung gs3?

• blue

Votes: 48 56.5%
  • white

Votes: 37 43.5%

• Total voters
Blue will be shipping out to me on 6/18, free overnight. Well, free phone too, but that's AT&T trying to make up for its mistakes.

ugh, long story short... I signed back up with AT&T in august, bringing my own phone. They need to add a contract to get my work discount, but I should still have my "upgrade" available at any time I wanted. Well, the dumbasses lost my upgrade. They restored it once, but then the idiots in the store did something and lost it again. Was told there was now nothing they could do, except give me a free Skyrocket. It was either take the phone or get nothing, so I took it. A few weeks later, I find out I'm in collections for over $1000 because of some workarounds in porting numbers, they have to create new accounts, and shift all of our lines over. The morons forgot to cancel the original lines, and I get the call that I'm going to collections. Flash forward a month, my skyrocket is malfunctioning, so I call to have it replaced. I get transferred to FRAUD, the guy there refuses to identify himself, but claims my account is on lockdown. No upgrades, transfers, can't cancel, nothing. I find out he's in the call center near my house, mention a few names of the higher ups I worked with there, and how I live 20 minutes from the center so I can speak to his supervisors in person, he hangs up on me. Add in billing issues literally every month, and the guy on the line last week was so astounded, he gave me the S3 for free. Honestly, I wasnt even looking for it, I was calling to have some data charges waived on a line that should have all data blocked.

Long story short: Due to the continuing fuckups, AT&T has now given me 2 free phones, credits almost every month, and a free third line. Mainly because they've completely botched my account, and almost ruined my credit rating. At least they've owned up to it, and done more than I could have asked to make good.

ugh, long story short... I signed back up with AT&T in august, bringing my own phone. They need to add a contract to get my work discount, but I should still have my "upgrade" available at any time I wanted. Well, the dumbasses lost my upgrade. They restored it once, but then the idiots in the store did something and lost it again. Was told there was now nothing they could do, except give me a free Skyrocket. It was either take the phone or get nothing, so I took it. A few weeks later, I find out I'm in collections for over $1000 because of some workarounds in porting numbers, they have to create new accounts, and shift all of our lines over. The morons forgot to cancel the original lines, and I get the call that I'm going to collections. Flash forward a month, my skyrocket is malfunctioning, so I call to have it replaced. I get transferred to FRAUD, the guy there refuses to identify himself, but claims my account is on lockdown. No upgrades, transfers, can't cancel, nothing. I find out he's in the call center near my house, mention a few names of the higher ups I worked with there, and how I live 20 minutes from the center so I can speak to his supervisors in person, he hangs up on me. Add in billing issues literally every month, and the guy on the line last week was so astounded, he gave me the S3 for free. Honestly, I wasnt even looking for it, I was calling to have some data charges waived on a line that should have all data blocked.

Long story short: Due to the continuing fuckups, AT&T has now given me 2 free phones, credits almost every month, and a free third line. Mainly because they've completely botched my account, and almost ruined my credit rating. At least they've owned up to it, and done more than I could have asked to make good.

sorry bro sorry to hear... you should've taken them to court

if i was getting one, would be white, just not a fan of the blue really.

I am loving my white note and white one x right now
not sure if I want the blue one... maybe something
last 5 years I have had
black iphone3g, iphone 3gs, iphone 4, atrix, sg2, sg2 skyrocket
white note, white one x
.... maybe blue for me next?

Its funny. I was just on fatwallet, and my fatcash from Verizon for my blue preorder is due to be available 3 days before the preorder ships. :)

I'm getting a blue one when they become available, wife has a white already.

I went with blue for my preorder. It is closer to black, and doesn't look like Apple iAnything.

Last edited:
Initially hearing of the "pebble blue" version in the UK I figured my choice was made but actually seeing it, I wasn't that impressed for what ever reason. I spent nearly 3 days trying to decide on which color to get after getting a look at them both. I went with the blue though. I liked the white because it looked sleek and "sexy" but practially everything electronic I own is either black or close to black and white reminds me a little too much of the iphone. Plus looking at some of the cases, I prefer the darker fliper cover case over the white one and was really drawn to the blue silicone case I saw on amazon.

Anybody know why Verizon would say that my current SIM card is incompatible with the Galaxy S3? I currently have a Thunderbolt. I thought a LTE SIM care was good no matter which phone you go to?

Anybody know why Verizon would say that my current SIM card is incompatible with the Galaxy S3? I currently have a Thunderbolt. I thought a LTE SIM care was good no matter which phone you go to?

There is a new micro form factor for the sim cards. You can get a new sim without an issue from verizon.

I would go with white if I get one. Just prefer white or black.

some good comparison pics:

7301928696_5403f44ff6_c.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

Looking forward to getting my Blue GS3 in the coming weeks. Hopefully I'm not disappointed.

Although, looking at the pic above, it looks pretty nice. Even with the purple home button. :p

After seeing some of these pics, I am digging the white a bit more. I'm not even going to try to see if I can change my pre-order though, as I just know VZW will fuck something up.

Skizzled, from what everyone is saying, it's not a purple home button. It's the same color, but Samsung's glossing and their unique color choice makes it incredibly difficult to photograph. Most pics of the "new" pebble blue look titanium grey, but the people who own it say it's an amazingly deep blue. I tried to find a pic of what people claim most closely resemble the blue shade, but even then it "has to be seen to be believed".

I have to say though, the pic I put up of the white is almost making me regret my blue preorder. It's a gorgeous pic.

I have to say though, the pic I put up of the white is almost making me regret my blue preorder. It's a gorgeous pic.

Agreed. That is what is almost making me reconsider my pebble blue preorder.

omg its impossible to choose. I think they both look amazing.
I think I like the white color better but I'm hesitant because I've heard something about notification lights and the soft key backlights bleeding through on the white version.

Does anyone who has the white version confirm or deny about this?

omg its impossible to choose. I think they both look amazing.
I think I like the white color better but I'm hesitant because I've heard something about notification lights and the soft key backlights bleeding through on the white version.

Does anyone who has the white version confirm or deny about this?

The soft key backlights are a bit bright and distracting but they don't bleed through to the screen. Haven't noticed anything unusual about the notification lights.

it doesnt bleed through the SCREEN, it bleeds through the white, and gives a kind of cool ghostly glow. Go to any AT&T store and check out the white note or Skyrocket, same effect happens. It's not a deterrent by any means.

What is the pre-order price for the phone in a brick and mortar Verizon location? I've got to move my phone between accounts before I use my upgrade, been told that's the proper order to hang on to unlimited data.

Skizzled, from what everyone is saying, it's not a purple home button. It's the same color, but Samsung's glossing and their unique color choice makes it incredibly difficult to photograph. Most pics of the "new" pebble blue look titanium grey, but the people who own it say it's an amazingly deep blue. I tried to find a pic of what people claim most closely resemble the blue shade, but even then it "has to be seen to be believed".

What is the pre-order price for the phone in a brick and mortar Verizon location? I've got to move my phone between accounts before I use my upgrade, been told that's the proper order to hang on to unlimited data.

Since I haven't seen ANY deals on the GS3, I have to reasonably assume that the in-store pre-order price is the same as online.

Do you have to move your phone between accounts or between lines? If just between lines (but on the same account), it is easy enough to use another phones' upgrade on your line using the website.

Ordered the Blue one. Supposedly shipping on Monday. Ordered a 32gig SD card for it as well that will be here tomorrow. Silly that the 32gig card through Amazon is less than the 16gig card through AT&T...

Pretty excited..Moving from Apple to Android, so lots to learn and tinker with.

If I get one it will be blue...white electronics have too much of an Apple feel to it IMO

Pre-ordered a blue. Not a big fan of white devices in general for whatever reason.

Back