Are these temperatures normal?

I3eyond

Gawd
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
937
I've been playing WoW for a while now and took a break tonight to play some COD4.

I heard my fans spinning a lot louder than normal, so I checked my temps and things looked a bit high.

Are these temperatures alright? (GPU and CPU)




E6600 and EVGA 8800GTX, neither overclocked
 
You are fine, the stock cooling will run the fans as slow as possible and only spin them up as needed and even then just spin them up fast enough to keep the cpu cool enough for good operation. You could use bios settings to run the fan 100% all the time to give you much cooler temps but you probally would not like the noise. Check you manual for your motherboard, its easy to try it and change it back if you dont like it.

You cannot burn up that cpu, it will just throttle back or in an extream case (the fan failing) shutdown to protect itself.

Note: I am assuming you had wow or cod playing/running while you alt tabbed and took that speefan reading (core temps 56c and 53C are about right for cpu fully loaded). If those are idle temps yea something is wrong, probably the heatsink is not fully popped in if you are using the stock intel heatsink and installed it yourself.
 
No, they aren't idle; I was viewing the temps on my second monitor as I was playing.
 
Back
Top